It's Grass....dope....who cares? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's Grass....dope....who cares?

Justasportsfan said:
His drug dealer cares.
How did this go unnoticed, it was briliant.

Though it was mostly because it followed a bunch of serious posts.

the Rofl posted directly beneath that was aimed that way....it made me spit out my cheerios

wow this seems to be more of a weed debate,i agree that the media puts a bit to much into it,im sure after ricky forks out 650,000.00 he will think twice about smoking it again,as far as fans go i dont think many think less of him,when he throws on the pads and the 34 jersey and runs over a few defenders all will be forgotten.

If the fins are gonna keep RW, they are going to have to change the field from grass to turf.

Yes it's wrong and yes it's against the NFL rules and yes it's against what you want to teach your kids - I totally understand that and accept it 110%. I think you are getting the wrong end of this thread. It's about punishment rather than whether it's morally right or morally wrong.

And as for Marino - it was cocaine that Marino was supposed to have had the problem with not grass.

dolphinsin2004 said:
wow this seems to be more of a weed debate,i agree that the media puts a bit to much into it,im sure after ricky forks out 650,000.00 he will think twice about smoking it again,as far as fans go i dont think many think less of him,when he throws on the pads and the 34 jersey and runs over a few defenders all will be forgotten.

last i read it was like 880,000 which is equal to one month of his salary...thats pretty damn hefty

not only that but its not like he got possession or anything...those tests are not 100% accurrate and this supposedly happened in december right? maybe he was at a holiday party and got drunk (is he allowed to do that?) and people were smoking around him ....

Well, I care from the standpoint that it is an illegal drug....like it or not. If I am caught after a screening, I lose my job...period....granted, I work for a transportation company and you can't compare it to the NFL, but the bottom line is that whether you, I or RW think that it is ok to smoke weed, it is illegal and he should have to own up to his mistake (even if the mistake is getting caught). The disconcerting thing for me is that this test occurred on Dec. 10th...weren't we in the middle of a playoff race at the time....didn't RW make some kind of statement about "not running hard enough" just priot to this test ? Is there a correlation ??? Could we have done better if he hadn't been partying and concentrating more on the season ???

maybe the weed was the only thing that kept him pain free in what was in my eyes...a blatant non existent offense that slammed RW up the middle every down ....i think that did more damage to him physically than a joint'

your right its illegal, he is a public figure to children and this is something that is bad for his PR.......you know they said this was the second time he failed a test with the dolphins and i dont remember reading about the first one...i may just not remember (short term?) lol....

DOLFANMIKE said:
I care you flamin liberal! LOL....j/k Boom...

Seriously though, I don't like the idea. It's upsetting and disappointing to me if it turns out he has been up to no good. It's not like I expect ricky to be perfect, but that's just an area that I have a particular dislike for as a coach and Dad.

Moreover, I have kids that I'm also trying to to raise and teach to stay away from that crap. My youngest (age 8 ) would be seriously upset if he heard the news about Ricky smoking weed.

Are you teaching your kids the same thing about alcohol? Just curious.

poppy said:
Are you teaching your kids the same thing about alcohol? Just curious.

My Dad died of a drinking related disease after 35 years of being an alcoholic. He was a hard worker and well-liked person, also a high ranking Military officer. Unfortunately since I was one of the younger kids and he began drinking before my birth I never knew him sober.

My oldest brother is 50 years old now and looks 75 after 30 years of being an alcoholic. Unlike my father, he can't hold a job and has been through 2 marriages due to his drinking. We don't get to see him much anymore. I don't expect him to be around to see my kids graduate.

My baby sister killed herself at age 21 driving drunk coming home from a party.

Yes, I'm teaching my kids the same thing about alcohol.

finleyfinton said:
i dont care. he is a player on the field and what he does off should be his business, barring a suspension.
i bet 1-3 smoke grass so who are we to criticize...
let him be. he does not come into our bedroom and scrutinize what we are doing so i think that he should be left alone. the media screws him and ony other athlete.

because RW is a public figure, under law, the media can divulge any and all info about him...but i think that the public has just as much as a right to know everything and anything about the people brining us this news. i mean we are taking there word for things and passing judgment on others based on their reports.
so i wanna know, what does ethan skonick do at night...does he cross dress..is he at home in a hot pink thong painting his nails????

I agree with you and disagree. As a athlete and person Ricky should know that on and off the field eyes will view him regaurdless what he is doing, hell people will stare im sure if hes taking a piss( not in realtion to the drug tests) :) he is a role model for kids that are doing what the heros are doing now a days and if they see one of their heros smoking then it sets an example for them. It is his buisness i agree with you but he does set an example for youth fans.

DOLFANMIKE said:
My Dad died of a drinking related disease after 35 years of being an alcoholic. He was a hard worker and well-liked person, also a high ranking Military officer. Unfortunately since I was one of the younger kids and he began drinking before my birth I never knew him sober.

My oldest brother is 50 years old now and looks 75 after 30 years of being an alcoholic. Unlike my father, he can't hold a job and has been through 2 marriages due to his drinking. We don't get to see him much anymore. I don't expect him to be around to see my kids graduate.

My baby sister killed herself at age 21 driving drunk coming home from a party.

Yes, I'm teaching my kids the same thing about alcohol.

I'm sorry for the pain that Alcohol has caused in your life. Addiction/Alcoholism is is a horrible disease that I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Good luck steering your kids in a disease free direction.

I was just testing to see if u were coming from a arbitrary morality direction. You're obviously not.

I thought the law was that if you have dreads, and listen to reggae you are allowed to smoke pot. I think Ricky's biggest mistake was shaving his hair. :shakeno:

PS-- Good thing nobody drug tested Wanny, I am positive he is dropping acid :roflmao:

poppy said:
I'm sorry for the pain that Alcohol has caused in your life. Addiction/Alcoholism is is a horrible disease that I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Good luck steering your kids in a disease free direction.

I was just testing to see if u were coming from a arbitrary morality direction. You're obviously not.

I suppose it could be argued that one (alcohol) is legal and the other (weed) isn't, so one can be used and the other shouldnt be. But because of my experience in life seeing how alcohol can ruin relationships and end lives I have a strong opinion on drugs and alcohol.

Back
Top Bottom