It's Grass....dope....who cares? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's Grass....dope....who cares?

Justasportsfan said:
Sorry to here about that Mike.

Appreciate that Justa.....the worst part of my Dad's drinking was it interfered with so many things in life for me as his kid. For example when I played, My Dad was one of those retired Dads that were at practice all the time. He was there because he cared and loved football. Unfortunately, half the time he was drunk at my games or practice. My Junior year we won it all, and I had a good year awards wise. Because I was a well known player (Starting Halfback), and he was my dad, it was pretty much common knowledge that my Dad was a drunk. Imagine every friend you have knowing that about your dad, ...or every girl you ever date. Imagine the fun of having friends over at your house! That was just life for me growing up. If you've ever seen the movie "Hoosiers"....that was very much my situation in that film.

My sister's death though has turned out to be the most painful part of all the havoc alcohol has brought into my family life. My Mom still (after 4 years) has not improved a bit after my sister's death. Every holiday, every family event, even on the phone...Mom cries and really she never enjoys get-togethers anymore. They are too hard on her to deal with. You guys that drink and drive have no idea how much pain and misery you can bring to your own family, not to mention anyone else's family that you hurt. They never get better.

I dont smoke weed, but i could care less if ricky did. I still love ricky reguardless, that dont change s***. come on , they give it to people who r sick. people need to chill , with (oh my god he smoked weed ) or if was at a party and got some second hand smoke.. weed , wont hurt any1 . just as long , he dont drive while doing it! so if hes just chillin and smoking some weed, who cares.. every1 drinks a few and the only reason , people say oh no not weed . is because its not legal... i mean , the last time i smioked it was 2 years ago, so its like a once n a blue moon thing.. they need to make that stuff legal anyway, cause alot of people do it.. no big deal!!!!!!! smoke up ricky...

i just wonder the tought process of ricky did he think he was special and that the dope wouldn't show up on the test or did he forget to get someone else to pee for him

Mike - sorry if this thread caused you any distress. Makes me feel bad.

Boomer said:
Mike - sorry if this thread caused you any distress. Makes me feel bad.

Boomer...don't feel bad at all. In fact I look for opportunities to share my bad experience because I really do think people do think people fall into alcoholism. The ONLY positive thing I can bring from those bad memories is when I can prevent someone else from going down that path.
In my mind, its a disease that works like fishing. The Alcohol is the bait and we are all the fish thinking we can enjoy it without any consequences. Drugs and alcohol make us weak and ruin lives.

Not only have I seen it in my family, but after 20 years coaching/ teaching I cant tell you how many students in class or players I've seen ruin their life over a night on the town or through a pattern of behavior.

I've had 4 girls crash driving drunk after a school dance and 3 died. Only the driver lived. She's never been the same.

I've seen a player on a team I coached skip school in the off season and drive over a 3 year old toddler (in front of his Mom) in the kids driveway when the driver passed out drunk at the wheel. The driver was fine. The Toddler died on impact when the car struck him and then rammed him into the garage door.

Its sad stuff...

Mike, first of all i am profoundly proud of you for overcoming all of this. I would also like to thank you for having the guts to slap people in the face with the reality of this issue. I am a Paramedic and i see daily first hand the misery and pain caused by both drugs and alcohol. I have had similar problems with my dad,but he overcame it after 14 years of drinking he went to AA and church and has been free from that demon for 9 years now. He is a differant person. I get all my strength from his ability to overcome this as it was the hardest thing he ever had to do. I also was a borderline alcholic for years till dad took me to a meeting and i changed too. My whole life is better as a result i am now married have 3 great kids and i see what i was missing when i was on that path. I feel it is hard for people to see the problem till it is really gone and they can look back. I know my faith in God and my dad got me through this. I wouldnt have anything that i have today with out my Dad helping me. As for those who think it is ok to smoke weed and drink all the time. There will come a time when the truth smacks them in the face much like it did George Jones, the singer. It is not right to intoxicate your self to the point of not being in control of you senses.When that happens it is still your fault, because you allowed your self to get that way. We do not know if Ricky is addicted to drugs. I would say he is not,but i do not want him to get that way. Plus the fact is wether you like the law or not it is the law till it is changed. Noone is above the law even our heros. The kids of the world look up to these guys in sports. Some kids do not have a positive role model at home. I would hate to think some kid right now is getting into trouble because one of our players was his hero and he thought it was ok since Ricky smoked some. Sorry to rant or offend anyone this is just some facts about me and my opinion.

dolfanreal69 said:
Mike, first of all i am profoundly proud of you for overcoming all of this. I would also like to thank you for having the guts to slap people in the face with the reality of this issue. I am a Paramedic and i see daily first hand the misery and pain caused by both drugs and alcohol. I have had similar problems with my dad,but he overcame it after 14 years of drinking he went to AA and church and has been free from that demon for 9 years now. He is a differant person. I get all my strength from his ability to overcome this as it was the hardest thing he ever had to do. I also was a borderline alcholic for years till dad took me to a meeting and i changed too. My whole life is better as a result i am now married have 3 great kids and i see what i was missing when i was on that path. I feel it is hard for people to see the problem till it is really gone and they can look back. I know my faith in God and my dad got me through this. I wouldnt have anything that i have today with out my Dad helping me. As for those who think it is ok to smoke weed and drink all the time. There will come a time when the truth smacks them in the face much like it did George Jones, the singer. It is not right to intoxicate your self to the point of not being in control of you senses.When that happens it is still your fault, because you allowed your self to get that way. We do not know if Ricky is addicted to drugs. I would say he is not,but i do not want him to get that way. Plus the fact is wether you like the law or not it is the law till it is changed. Noone is above the law even our heros. The kids of the world look up to these guys in sports. Some kids do not have a positive role model at home. I would hate to think some kid right now is getting into trouble because one of our players was his hero and he thought it was ok since Ricky smoked some. Sorry to rant or offend anyone this is just some facts about me and my opinion.

I'm glad you got some help. Not everyone can have an occasonal drink or toke
without it taking over their lives. Fortunately there are those who can indulge in self medicating from time to time without causing harm to themselves or those around them. Imo some people have more of an addictive personality then others or it could just be a weak will/mind vs a strong one.
A man has got to know his limitations. It seems you've found yours.

dolfanreal69 said:

Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate the effort.

As for Ricky's situation and kids.....it will break my sons heart when he hears the news. He's a RB and models all his play after Ricky's style. He really has grown attached to Ricky this past 2 years as one of his all time favorites.

I wonder if Ricky knew how many kids tears he has caused IF he did do it? I wonder how many kids that look up to him will now say yes to weed instead of no when it's offered to them? I wonder if Ricky knew all this if he'd make a different choice....IF he did it.

It's sad that we may have lost one more guy worth showing our kids a good guy to model after in today's society.

DOLFANMIKE said:
Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate the effort.

As for Ricky's situation and kids.....it will break my sons heart when he hears the news. He's a RB and models all his play after Ricky's style. He really has grown attached to Ricky this past 2 years as one of his all time favorites.

I wonder if Ricky knew how many kids tears he has caused IF he did do it? I wonder how many kids that look up to him will now say yes to weed instead of no when it's offered to them? I wonder if Ricky knew all this if he'd make a different choice....IF he did it.

It's sad that we may have lost one more guy worth showing our kids a good guy to model after in today's society.

Hey look at this way, now's your chance to show your son, Ricky is just like everyone else,human. He makes mistakes like we all do. But I chose to look at the good he does on and off the field. I'm sure all the charity's he contibutes to, do too.

Boomer said:
Even if Ricky did fail a drugs test for smoking weed, who cares? I'm mean really? Who give a stuff? Yes he'll get fined, but damn, I could care less that he got caught smoking grass. Seriously. He's not Jimmy Smith or Rae Carruth or Nate Newton. Knowing Ricky's personality, I'd be amazed if he didn't smoke it. I have a friend who went to UT and who said that he would often see Ricky smoking grass at parties. I tended not to believe it - he is a Pats fan after all - but still, at the end of the day - I don't think he's going to turn into Tony Montana any time soon.

This will doubtless be blown out of proportion on a scale similar to that of the Janet Jackson breast incident. But I say, who gives a toss? Not me.
I care because it's illegal in the NFL. Because the next time will be a four game suspension. Because the next time after that will be a year's suspension. The guy is not playing TEAM ball if he is smoking grass. That's the bottom line.

GMP-AGAIN said:
I care because it's illegal in the NFL. Because the next time will be a four game suspension. Because the next time after that will be a year's suspension. The guy is not playing TEAM ball if he is smoking grass. That's the bottom line.

GREAT POINT! What he's doing is not cool. In fact it jeapordizes the very thing that makes him special......

How important is Ricky Williams to us as DOLFANS if he's on the sideline because he's still so immature that he thinks smoking pot is cool? Everything (for the most part) in the guys life is a result of what football has done for him. If he blows it on weed he's a moron. Missing gametime due to failed weed tests would be the stamp IMO on that fact.

DOLFANMIKE said:
GREAT POINT! What he's doing is not cool. In fact it jeapordizes the very thing that makes him special......

How important is Ricky Williams to us as DOLFANS if he's on the sideline because he's still so immature that he thinks smoking pot is cool? Everything (for the most part) in the guys life is a result of what football has done for him. If he blows it on weed he's a moron. Missing gametime due to failed weed tests would be the stamp IMO on that fact.

Yeah RW is so insecure that he has to smoke pot to feel cool. :roflmao:
Yeah thats it. :rolleyes:

Den54 said:
Yeah RW is so insecure that he has to smoke pot to feel cool. :roflmao:
Yeah thats it. :rolleyes:

I didn't say insecure. Read it again. I said immature. If you don't think it's immature for you use illegal drugs then thats just a fundemental difference between what you and I believe.

My take is that if the guy knows what he is doing is illegal, and that he's going to be tested, and continues to use weed anyway...that is immature. It's immature because it is selfish knowing it will hurt his pocketbook, reputation, and his health. It's also immature because it hurts the team because if he doesnt stop smoking weed he won't be playing football.

I don't get what's funny about that? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom