It's Not All Jay Cutler, Folks | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's Not All Jay Cutler, Folks

Today, I was specifically thinking of blaming the receivers. I'm sorry, but that drop by Julius Thomas in particular was absolutely dreadful.

When the quarterback does make a nice, easy throw right into your breadbasket, catch the damn ball.

We need more from the WRs no doubt but there's just no ball out in sync with the route combos. He's bailing way way too much before he lets the progressions develop.

That drop by Thomas was brutal but it's his run game play that is murdering us at the poa. He can't sustain a block for nothing.

Kenny stills had a drop too. Of course cutler is throwing these balls completely off his back foot despite no damn front foot pressure so the balls gonna sink

They yanked Julius and played more fasano problem with that is it's an obvious heavy run tell teams will adjust to.

Maybe if we work more from under center out of 2 wr sets that can help.

11 isn't going anywhere in the run game cause thomas is killing us

Is what it is. If we want to compare a QB with 2015 continuity with his line and playmakers going into year 2 vs. a QB called up in August with no familiarity 2 years removed from the system and expect immediate results . . . So be it.
The Colts average 21 points with Jacoby Brissett under center. Who they traded for right before week 1. I don't understand why I can't tell what I see and that's Jay Cutler screwing it up on almost every passing play.

Cutler is not being paid "big money" by any standards of a quality starting NFL QB. $10 million makes him the 18th highest paid QB. You make it sound like he's being paid top 10 money. Gase knows Moore is not the answer for the entire season. What if Gase did decide to roll with Moore instead of signing Cuter, what would happen when Moore gets injured playing behind that piss-poor line? Bring in Brandon Doughty (LOL)? I think not. Gase needed to bring in another veteran QB, and given the bad timing when Tannehill went down, he figured Cutler was the best case scenario since he is familiar with the system and had some success in it. I think most of us figured Cutler may not play above Tannehill but at least keep the boat afloat for a season until he returns.

Cutler is not a quality starting NFL QB.

Take it from someone who saw every game Cutler played with the Bears, just when everyone gets this down on him, he'll throw for 4 TD's and 350 yards...

If Matt Moore started all year, would our record be any different? Maybe.

Cutler has been horrid. Moore would surely be doing better IMO.

Firstly, Cutler was not brought in to take the Offense to the next level. Some have said he would, but that is not why he was brought in.
Secondly, Is he to blame for the running game?
Thirdly, no I don't like him, but lets be real with some stuff.

He is to blame for the running game. Teams know he can’t do anything so they focus on Ajayi.

Like hoops said, our season is basically shot (and was when Tannehill went down)
Our season is shot when the OL coach is dong lines in his office.
The OL play has been the worst. Culter has to running for his life every time he drop back. People here found out he has better pocket presence, because he is not getting his 'three seconds'. And people complaining he throws off his back foot. Set your foot or step up when in motion of throwing is the most basic fundamental of qb . It is taught in peewee league. I can't believe Culter suddenly forgot to set his foot. He did it because he is constantly on the move, backing up, defenders on his face, and don't want to give up a sack. IMHO, RT would have ten sacks by now playing behind this line.

Have you noticed how much and how well Cutler has moved in the pocket? Every drop back he has no time to set and throw. The OL is as bad as it ever was for 17. Tunsil, Bushrod and Thomas are the biggest issues. Moore would fare no better if he was on the field. It’s mystifying how badly Tunsil has regressed.

Finally someone who seems to understand football. You would think that after everything Tanny went through with this line people would realize 'Jeeze, you know maybe its not all the QB's fault. Maybe we really do have a bad o-line!

It's not all Jay Cutler, I agree, but I think we could have had the exact same offense or better with Moore and saved 10 million towards next year's cap. This offense is basically the same one that Moore won with last season. I bet right now if they put Moore in, we would score more points.

Cutler has never stepped into throws. He's relied on his arm which used to be a bazooka and isn't close to the same level anymore.

Good luck changing his 34 year old mechanics.

It's 80% Cutler to anyone with two eye balls and some sense. Gase is gonna ride or die with him tho, because he is loyal, and because their no other option.

The root of the offensive problem cannot be laid at any single player's or coach's feet. It's essentially an interwoven miasma of dysfunctionality, of which Cutler is an important component. While Cutler may not be THE "problem,"anecdotally, it appears unlikely that he'll prove to be the "solution" either!

Cutler has NOT been good. He's not the ONLY problem on this team, but when you play the most important position being a part of the problem is a big problem.

Its easy to say its "not all Cutler" and its true. But is MOSTLY Cutler. Oline can do a bit better, but its nothing we havent seen in the past. What you saw last year is RT make the D pay and wouldnt let them tee off on him. This isnt happening bc Cutler has ZERO timing routes (and mechanics) with our WR's. Hes making the Oline struggles look even worse bc he panics and drops his eyes and hides until he gets hit. Then the O gets scaled down to try and help him, and this just makes it all worse.

The WR's have checked out. And the Oline will follow suit.

That INT he threw was horrid. Why did he panic so hard in the pocket? I went to my Dads to watch the game and we just looked at eachother like WTF did he just do?? Its like he was playing pinball with his own offensive linemen. He had plenty of time to stand in there, or even roll out, there was plenty of room.

Bottom line this team needs it FRANCHISE QB back. He held the offense accountable during practice and made sure everyone knew their jobs. It apparent. And he was getting the job done. I know it doesn't make a difference this year. Even with the 1-4 start last year, QB play wasnt horrible.

Get some physical Guards and lets rock with RT in 2018.

Back
Top Bottom