its official frerotte sucks | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

its official frerotte sucks

i gotta give ap props on this one, it looks like he's gonna go down with the ship on this one.

Dudeman said:
even one of Feeley staunchest supporters admitted last night that Frerotte played better, which I NEVER saw coming. Does that mean Gus is the answer? Of course not.

Gus played very well against backups (dont forget that he was playing with backups, including the second string o-line), including one drive with the first team against the Bears, and all week everybody was like "wait till AJ plays the backups"

Well, he did last night, in fact, he played the same D that Sage faced. How'd he fare? An interception and an intential grounding.

Even though he threw the INT, I'm going to point out the intential grounding call. It is penalties like these that prove that he has learned nothing, and that his pocket presence is lightyears behind Gus'.

Ask yourself, who is more likely to throw a crucial INT, or make a crucial penalty? By far and away, that's AJ.

Gus' stats have been better the entire preseason, and that's fact. In no way do I think that he's a great QB, but he is somebody that can get the team through the season and perform well if he starts getting the snaps with the first team as early as possible.

i agree with you that aj is the more likely to make a crucial penalty. i absolutely disagree that he is more likely to throw a pick. frerotte is sloppy as hell with his passes and aj has improved on that one specific aspect of his game to the point that i doubt thats going to be his problem.

his problem as i see it is he still gets too easily flustered and this is one area i definitely give gus the edge. last year when aj got flustered he threw picks. it seems to me this year when he gets flustered he's taking sacks or throwing it away. an improvement over last year? yes. is it enough? no

You have to give players a chance to get in Rythm before you can say if they suck. What he had like 13 passes. Give the guy a whole game maybe it just takes him getting warmed up before he will start slinging the ball all over the field. I mean it is just preseason.

FinaticPatch said:
Eli is overratted because his last name happens to be simalar to a real QB's last name so no I dont think he is worth much and he was a rookie with 0 nfl starts.

hell take his brother then, i dont have the stats but he stunk up the joint his rookie year. and how much different is 0 starts to 3 starts which is what i believe feeley had before his first miami start

adamprez2003 said:
hell take his brother then, i dont have the stats but he stunk up the joint his rookie year. and how much different is 0 starts to 3 starts which is what i believe feeley had before his first miami start

First of all it was 5 tarts and he had 3 years in the league through 3 preseasons of four games each with Philly to learn the NFL game. Peyton played in 4 preaseason games total before becoming starter. And Eli and Peyton both had better rookie number than Aj had last year as a 3 year vet.

lets compare

Eli Manning #10 | Quarterback | New York Giants
Height: 6-4 Weight: 218 Born: Jan 3, 1981 - New Orleans, LA College: Mississippi
Draft: 2004 - 1st round (1st pick) by the San Diego Chargers

Profile | Split Stats | Situational Stats | Career Stats | Game Log | News & Notes | Photos

Career Stats

Career Stats Passing Rushing Sacked Fumbles
Season Team G QBRat Comp Att Pct Yds Y/G Y/A TD Int Rush Yds Y/G Avg TD Sack YdsL Fum FumL
2004 NY Giants 9 55.4 95 197 48.2 1043 115.9 5.3 6 9 6 35 3.9 5.8 0 13 83 3 1
Career 9 55.4 95 197 48.2 1043 115.9 5.3 6 9 6 35 3.9 5.8 0 13 83 3 1

and aj feeley's numbers
2004 Miami 11 61.7 191 356 53.7 1893 172.1 5.3 11 15 14 13 1.2 0.9 1 23 136 10 5
Career Totals (Full) 18 67.3 287 524 54.8 3047 169.3 5.8 19 21 26 19 1.1 0.7 1 30 184 12 6

Photos

view image
(AP Photo/Mark Duncan)
view image
(AP Photo/Mark Duncan)

Last updated through games completed on Feb 13, 2005

You have got to be kidding, I'll take a journeyman any day over a prettyboy who looks totally confused and hesitant on the field in pre-season, heaven forbid he gets to play on game day...... are you watching the same AJ we art??

SCall13 said:
Great idea! So it's okay to throw it up for grabs? This is exactly why Feeley shouldn't, and isn't, going to start. Managing a game does not include throwing the ball up on a prayer.

Dan Marino is in the hall of fame because of "throwing it up for grabs". When you have single coverage down the field, you make the throw. It is the WRs job to get the ball.

Please, don't give me the "Feeley is not Marino" reply. I know that already.

adamprez2003 said:
Having listened to an entire week of Feeley bashing it is now official Frerotte is no better than Feeley. They are both the same as most Feeley supporters have known all along. Amazingly Frerotte supporters actually believed that somehow Frerotte was light years ahead of Feeley. Now we know, if you believe Feeley sucks so does Frerotte. If you think frerotte is adequate so is Feeley. Neither one is going to run away with the competition and pull away. Its going to come down to youth over experience and that's going to be up to Saban to decide which he prefers. So hopefully from here on out we end the threads that elevate one or the other. This season is simply going to be a matter of choosing which poison you prefer.

I like your reasoning, but the difference between the two is Feeley does not seem to have the same pocket presence as Frerotte. I have been a very big Feeley supporter until now. I just don't think he has a good feel for the game.

adamprez2003 said:
lets compare

Eli Manning #10 | Quarterback | New York Giants
Height: 6-4 Weight: 218 Born: Jan 3, 1981 - New Orleans, LA College: Mississippi
Draft: 2004 - 1st round (1st pick) by the San Diego Chargers

Profile | Split Stats | Situational Stats | Career Stats | Game Log | News & Notes | Photos

Career Stats Passing Rushing Sacked Fumbles
Season Team G QBRat Comp Att Pct Yds Y/G Y/A TD Int Rush Yds Y/G Avg TD Sack YdsL Fum FumL
2004 NY Giants 9 55.4 95 197 48.2 1043 115.9 5.3 6 9 6 35 3.9 5.8 0 13 83 3 1
Career 9 55.4 95 197 48.2 1043 115.9 5.3 6 9 6 35 3.9 5.8 0 13 83 3 1

and aj feeley's numbers
2004 Miami 11 61.7 191 356 53.7 1893 172.1 5.3 11 15 14 13 1.2 0.9 1 23 136 10 5
Career Totals (Full) 18 67.3 287 524 54.8 3047 169.3 5.8 19 21 26 19 1.1 0.7 1 30 184 12 6

Photos

view image
(AP Photo/Mark Duncan)
view image
(AP Photo/Mark Duncan)

Last updated through games completed on Feb 13, 2005

Ahhhh Eli the one who I have already said that is over rated with 0 career starts beofre this and not 3 years of being in the NFL and learning from Mcnabb. Funny you left out Peyton rookie year.

1998 Indianapolis Colts 16 16 575 326 56.7 3739 6.50 78 26 28 22/109 42 8 71.2

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Dan Marino is in the hall of fame because of "throwing it up for grabs". When you have single coverage down the field, you make the throw. It is the WRs job to get the ball.

Please, don't give me the "Feeley is not Marino" reply. I know that already.
There is a big difference between throwing accurate passes over defenders into the reach of wr's and throwing balls "up for grabs" as Feeley is known to do.Marino very rarely threw balls that he wasnt almost exactly sure where the placement of the throw was.

Sorry man, there's nothing official about this post. It's just your opinion, which means nothing to the Miami Dolphins. That's life

adamprez2003 said:
Having listened to an entire week of Feeley bashing it is now official Frerotte is no better than Feeley. They are both the same as most Feeley supporters have known all along. Amazingly Frerotte supporters actually believed that somehow Frerotte was light years ahead of Feeley. Now we know, if you believe Feeley sucks so does Frerotte. If you think frerotte is adequate so is Feeley. Neither one is going to run away with the competition and pull away. Its going to come down to youth over experience and that's going to be up to Saban to decide which he prefers. So hopefully from here on out we end the threads that elevate one or the other. This season is simply going to be a matter of choosing which poison you prefer.

Well lets look at this comment and see how stupid you can possible be. Frerotte had similar numbers to feeley but he didnt have an interception in the jags game. when he was in the offense moved the ball inside the jags 40 yardline twice but on the other hand feeley got inside the 50 one time agaisnt the 3rd string defense and you cant blame the 3rd string recievers for us because Sage and Berlin used the same recievers and they both got a touchdown pass. Frerrote moves around the pocket and has more field awareness then feeley does and does not make the stupid plays like that nice interception pass that feeley had. Feeley looks scared when he is in the pocket when gus is poised and confident. The jags first team defense is also one of the best in the league. Neither one of them is the future of this team but gus is a way better short term answer. If the dolphins were smart they would just cut feeley now.

SpurzN703 said:
Sorry man, there's nothing official about this post. It's just your opinion, which means nothing to the Miami Dolphins. That's life
Man I'm so glad I joined this board,not dull thats for sure... :D

phinking said:
I like your reasoning, but the difference between the two is Feeley does not seem to have the same pocket presence as Frerotte. I have been a very big Feeley supporter until now. I just don't think he has a good feel for the game.

if pocket presence was enough i would agree. i think where aj has advantages over frerotte is in the ability to zip a pass into a tight area and a higher level of accuracy. This is just preseason right now. i think if frerotte continues to overthrow and underthrow as many passes as he has so far he's going to get picked off quite a bit and this something he's done his entire career so there's no reason to think it's finally going to stop whereas with Feeley I've seen he's gone out of his way to avoid them which tells me that he's improved on that area.

Back
Top Bottom