its official frerotte sucks | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

its official frerotte sucks

FinaticPatch said:
Ahhhh Eli the one who I have already said that is over rated with 0 career starts beofre this and not 3 years of being in the NFL and learning from Mcnabb. Funny you left out Peyton rookie year.

1998 Indianapolis Colts 16 16 575 326 56.7 3739 6.50 78 26 28 22/109 42 8 71.2

ok so a 71 passer rating you keep and a 61 passer rating you get rid of. so 70 is your cut off point

SpurzN703 said:
Sorry man, there's nothing official about this post. It's just your opinion, which means nothing to the Miami Dolphins. That's life

thx for clearing that up

well i gotta split lets see what saban has to say at the press conference. either way by next week this time hopefully a starter will finally be announced

Guys I was at the jaguars game, and I have to admit AJ looked like a lost puppy out there!! I am a supporter and still will be but I have my doubts in AJ and actuall Gus isn't a whole lot better. We should have picked up a better QB in the free agent market or something because I have a feeling its going to be a QB battle just like last year, whether we win or not.

you know....even with the int, Feeley STILL had a better completion percentage

Guys Relax!

When is everyone going to realize that this is a rebuilding year? It will take time for Saban to get his type of system players on both sides of the ball! Our Future QB is still not on the roster! Man give Saban time! The man knows what he is doing....last time I remember the Patriots did not become Champions overnight!

:D

I was at the game last night, and while they both had similiar numbers, the quality of play was no where near the same. The first series A.J. was in i couldn't tell who he was throwing the ball to the first two passes

Hell, I'd like to see what Sage and brock could do playing with Chambers, Boston, McMike, and Ricky. Everyone keeps saying its against the third stringers, but they are playing with the third string

its official frerrote sucks

Just to throw my two cents in on this topic. I've watched both Gus and A.J. at the Dolphins practice facility several times already in training camp. Some of you Dolfans are out of state and don't have the ability to go to camp and that's unfortunate cause I'm sure you'd like to go to a few of them.

IMO from watching both players in practice I have perceived that we have a better chance in 2005 with Gus Frerrote. A.J. Feeley has yet to show real awareness and constantly has moronic plays ala last year. When he's being pressed or rushed he will throw a lazy pass or toss a ball into the ground. I understand he's a young QB and would need some time to develop but he's making the same mistakes that he made last year. Whether or not he's totally confused with this offense is yet to be seen, but he isn't showing good awareness. Yes, Gus missed a few throws in yesterday's game against Jacksonville, but consider these facts. He lead the team last week to 10 points. He threw 1 touchdown last week and another was dropped in the end zone. This week Chris Chambers dropped a touchdown that hit him in the shoulder pads. The corners were beat and the throw did get there. Gus later locked onto a receiver in the end zone allowing a LB to read his eyes and float to an area and knock his potential touchdown pass down settling for a field goal.

Like most dolfans I want the most out of our team this year. I do not believe starting A.J. Feeley would give us the best chance to be successful in terms of winning now. Nick Saban has never had a losing season in his football coaching career. I don't think he wants to start now, and he would certaintly take a step backwards by starting A.J. Feeley.

I am not pro Gus or anti A.J., I want to see whichever QB start that gives us the best chance to win in terms of making the right reads and giving our WR's a chance to make plays. Our team is blessed with good skill position players on offense and it would be sad to not utilize that this year. When Ronnie Brown signs this week it will give us another dimension to our offense. We truly need to get the passing game going early in our games because other than Ricky Williams our running backs lack true vision. Lamar Gordon is talented in terms of being athletically gifted, but thus far none of that so called talent translates on the field. Travis Minor gives you good heart and is a good special teams player, but isn't a threat as a starter. I believe Sammie Morris is a good player, but doesn't do any one thing superiorly. We need Ronnie Brown and it's about time we get him signed.

I believe our team is headed for 6-8 wins this year. If you take a look at last's year 4-12 team they had a chance to win 4 more games which I believe was a result of bad coaching. Those games were Cleveland, Arizona, Pittsburgh, and Seattle. Those were all close games we could have potential won if we had better coaching. Wansteadt going 1-7, and then Bates going 3-5 is a good indication of what better coaching could do.

My point is it's early in the preseaon and we have 3 games left. Preseason games don't mean anything unless you lose and we have lost two games. So what this means is we have players trying to learn a new schemes and techniques who lack true talent. A large part of the practices in south florida have consisted of fundamentals and technique. I don't think Nick is trying to instill this in them for the heck of it, our team lacked it last year and it became a necessity. Our first team is decent and we have some depth here and there, but overall as a whole we lack solid depth. Don't expect miracles this year just expect that Nick Saban will get the most out of the talent we have on the field this year. Like most would expect him to do everything in his power to have a 8-8 or 9-7 ball club. I know if I were coaching it would be an extra incentive to not have a losing season with decent talent when you've never had a losing season. If you have poor talent that's one thing, but we have some talent especially on offense. Give it time.

The problem with this post is the assumption that the QBs are nearly equal. They're not. Gus has outplayed AJ both statistically and more importantly in production. The team moves down the field more with Gus in. The team scores more points with Gus in. It's the reason why three different articles by different writers admit that Gus is the probable starter. (And that's just in the Sun-sentinel). It's why even ardent AJ supporters are starting to admit that AJ isn't going to start. The only advantage AJ has is a slightly stronger arm. That, however, is nothing if you lack feel both in the pocket and down the field. AJ lacks feel. It was obvious all of last season. It has been obvious in the first two games. It was even obvious in Philly, where he averaged an int/game. It is just the mark of poor QB analysis that RS and now his supporters are fooled by a few zipped passes and think that a QB can be taught to have feel.

I agree with Rafael. I believe people are waiting for A.J. Feeley to turn the corner, and apparently that just isn't gonna happen. Some talent is there, but he hasn't shown that he can learn from his mistakes all that much. I do not believe A.J. Feeley isn't starting material because he doesn't show the mental capacity to manage a game very well. Gus gives us the best chance and opportunity to win now.

death7star said:
i feel this season is over before it even started.

both gus (jay clone) and aj both stink.

Ok they're both bad........but how on earth can you sit there and compare Gus to Fiedler? Two completely different kind of QB's.

Back
Top Bottom