I've analyzed your 2003 & 2004 Caps (LONG) | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I've analyzed your 2003 & 2004 Caps (LONG)

Clump, you know what REALLY sucks about you?

The way you come in here, float out all kinds of useful, interesting information... and force the more civil among us to have to be GRACIOUS about it. It galls me, Clump, -- just goes against my grain.

You do it on purpose, don't you?

Its good work but honestly it should be taken very lightly. His premo numbers have been proven grossly inaccurate in the past, and I'm sure its no different in this case although at least this time he is putting a hold on deeming the Dolphins in "cap jail" for the time being.

He said that about our 2003 offseason and if you could dig back and find the things he was saying prior to the offseason beginning there is no way at all to reconcile what he was saying about our cap situation, and what we have done thus far in the offseason. The bottom line is he just didn't have the all the facts...and while he seems to have a lot more of them for the 2004 offseason, still no guarantee that he has an accurate picture.

The only thing that ever irked me about clump (aside from his buffalo heritage) was that he would put out his cap pictures without admitting the possibility that he is wrong, deeming the Dolphins in "cap jail" unable to make any offseason moves whatsoever and not blushing when the Dolphins prove him wrong time and again by re-signing Dixon and Konrad, and acquiring Junior Seau, Derrius Thompson, Jeff Zgonina, Sammy Knight, etc. He would just assimilate the new data and adjust his model, without ever admitting he was wrong in the first place and in the meantime he'd have posted a bunch of detailed descriptions of how the dolphins are like $5 million over the cap and people who don't know better would listen because his posts are detailed and they would be led to believe we're soooo handcuffed.

If I could change one thing about clumped (aside from his being a buffalo fan) it would just be to write a disclaimer at the top or bottom of every one of these detailed posts simply saying "These figures could be slightly wrong, I may not have all of the data as I am just a football fan and not an NFL front office exec and therefore there are access issues involved in the data I would need to create a 100% accurate picture of a salary cap."

Otherwise he does some real stellar work with the data that he DOES get hold of and indeed he does a good job (apparently) of finding this data where others probably could not.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I've analyzed your 2003 & 2004 Caps (LONG)

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet

Rose colored glasses are preventing a clear picture

Are trying to say that the Dolphins were unable to make moves within "cap jail" this off-season?

Honestly if someone is displaying a clouded view of things it is you.

Oliver...

I just went on clumps "homepage"...BFZ and looked at the "Miami cap page". This is what he ended with:

Again, I state that the above are examples of how Miami can create cap space. Many variables go into the decision-making process as I have stated and each variable can carry different weights when making cap decisions.

Enjoy it Clump, I don't like Bills fans but fair is fair. I respect sports fans that bring knowledgeable data or arguments to the table without getting too personal. You're not like most Buffalonians...sp?

thx Clump I really appreciate it.l Its hard as hell to find salaries, bonuses, and incentives to find the true amount made each year by each player. Now I have another request. I would truly appreciate it if you went player by player with cap numbers this year and next{including bonus and incentive} or help show me how you can find this. next time you have a slow work evening look into this . THX alot

Back
Top Bottom