I've analyzed your 2003 & 2004 Caps (LONG) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I've analyzed your 2003 & 2004 Caps (LONG)

I have gone on record here as appreciating Clump's somewhat twisted views that he brings to thissite. I also know he went through a lot of work putting this together as he does every time. I can't help but wonder though, if we were projected to be under the cap if he would post with the same detail or even bring itup on his own without being asked for it.

It seems to me that although he might not intentionally be trying to rub it in that at PREENT time we will be in "cap jail" NEXT YEAR :lol: but that he likes to plant a seed of doom and gloom in Dolphins fans heads. My advice is to take all ofthis with a grain of salt. Even if his numbers are 100% accurate, it won't sta that way. Afterall, this is coming form a Bills fan and one who also stated we would have a very limited (paraphrasing so don't cry foul Clumpy.) offseason this past one. I thinkmost Dolphin fans cna agree that even being in "Cap Jail " this last itme,we still netted quality players and are favord once again to win the division.

So in conclusion,good work Clumped, however I will believe it when I see it ok? :) Perhaps we should make it through this year before worring about next hmmm?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I've analyzed your 2003 & 2004 Caps (LONG)

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet

Incorrect. The remaining amortization is split into 2 yrs, but with respect to Mcknight, he would count $360,000 vs 2003 cap and the rest, $720,000 would be dead cap in 2004. That's why teams cut players after June 1st, only one year worth of amortization counts in the year released and ALL REMAINING COUNTS VS CAP THE FOLLOWING CAP YEAR

You are correct :(

I could've sworn that money was split evenly over 2 years.

Yes, if would do the same thing if Fins were under the cap Samphin :)

However, realistically is not as sensible to do so because when a team is over the cap, detailed analysis allows for explaining how a team would become cap complaint and create cap space for re-signing your own FAs and signing UFAs. It also allows for explaining the effects of how a team's cap manuevers impact future cap years.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I've analyzed your 2003 & 2004 Caps (LONG)

Originally posted by Stamos

You are correct :(

I could've sworn that money was split evenly over 2 years.

Sez that under my avatar ;)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I've analyzed your 2003 & 2004 Caps (LON

Maybe so...but I learn more everyday. ;)

On a side note, I did figure out why I thought what I did. My afformentioned scenario would be applicable to a player being released 1 year before his contract is up.

so hey, since McKnight signed a 5 year deal, I am 20% right. :D

You know I wasn't just going to let you bask in that sunlight without attempting to cast a shadow.....now did ya?

Re: I've analyzed your 2003 & 2004 Caps (LONG)

Fiedler: His cap charge for 2004 is presently $7.577 million.
He has a $2 million bonus that activates the 2006 season. His salaries are $3.7 million(2004), $5.775 million(2005), and $6.5 million(2006). His bonus amortizations are approx. $1.877 million/season. His release saves $7.577 million - (3 X $1.877 million)= $1.946 million.

Fiedler's 2004 cap charge and bonus is too high.

His original bonus was $4.125M for 5 years= $.825M. The bonus he received this year ($1.25M/4years) that I mentioned was being amortized because of Fiedler's 2003 cap charge of $1.99M in an ESPN article = $.3125M

$.825
$.3125
$1.1375 (total amortized bonus)

$3.7000 (2004 base salary)
$2.0000 (2004 option bonus)

$6.8375M (total 2004 cap charge.)

$7.577M
$6.8375M

$.7395M this difference is not additional bonus. It is incentives for 2004. What Pasquarelli said in that article was:

-- Len Pasquarelli
June 10, 2003`
The quarterback situation in Miami also is compounded by the structure of Fiedler's deal with the club. While his cap charge for 2003 is just $1.99 million, it could escalate to as high as $5.577 million in 2004, since his base salary skyrockets to $3.7 million. Fiedler is also due an option bonus of $2 million, which triggers the 2006 segment of his contract, by April 15.

$1.8770M (your bonus amortization)
$1.1375M (actual bonus amortization)
$.7395M difference

What Pasquarelli was referring to:

$1.1375M (prorated bonus)
$0.7395M (2004 incentives)
$3.7000M (2004 Base salary)

$5.5770M (2004 cap charge)

The $2 million option payment also counts vs 2004 cap, thus $7.577 million. If not exercised, then his 2004 cap will be be higher than $5.577 million because the amortization from 2006 season must be accomodated into the 2004 and/or 2005 cap yrs

Take another look. The $2M option payment is in my calculations. The $.7395M is the diference for your 2004 salary cap charge and mine. There is no basis for it to be amortized bonus. Take a look at what Len says in his article that the cap charge could escalate to $5.577M. He did make a mistake leaving out the $2m option bonus. Try using your $1.877 bonus amortization in the 2003 cap charge. It doesn't work.

If you have some information to increase Fiedler's amortized bonus from $1.1375 to $1.877 please let us know.

Hi Clump, I meant to compliment you on starting this thread earlier, this is some work, how did u get started with this cap stuff in the first place?

That is just an OUTSTANDING job Clump. Buffalo fan or not, hats off to your mate. Great work.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Hi Clump, I meant to compliment you on starting this thread earlier, this is some work, how did u get started with this cap stuff in the first place?

Actually my friend from high school, Ebenezer on BFZ, got me started. Always been good with numbers and the salary cap is so integral in the success/failure of teams, it was a natural :D

Thanks MD and Boomer :D

Great job and thanks clump, not only for our cap projections but also the rest of the division. Strong work. To anybody bashing him....how about a "thanks for the effort". The guy won't be 100% correct but he'll at least give us an idea as to where we stand. I appreciate it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I've analyzed your 2003 & 2004 Caps (LON

You bastard!!!!:yell:

;)

Back
Top Bottom