I've analyzed your 2003 & 2004 Caps (LONG) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I've analyzed your 2003 & 2004 Caps (LONG)

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
I wrote most of this at work...........it was a slow night in the ER :lol:

Well, at least the guy who bled to death waiting for you died for a good cause...

Thanks for caring about us... I think I'm gonna cry...

:lol:

Re: Re: Re: I've analyzed your 2003 & 2004 Caps (LONG)

Originally posted by Oliver

Don't trust him MIKE, he has forked tongue, he's the enemy! :D

In all seriousness although Clump must spend alot of time on this subject matter, he has been saying the Dolphins would be in cap hell for years. Or at least that's what I've been told. I'm starting to think he is more wishful that is the case than it actually being the case.

Oliver...

i'm not at all worried about next years cap. We have plenty of fat to cut and guys that can restructure.

Re: Re: I've analyzed your 2003 & 2004 Caps (LONG)

Originally posted by Stamos

I am not trying to nitpick here Rab, just so your aware!

Ogun's tender was $375,000.

Also, just for the purpose of consuming you some time, neither party is looking for a contract extension this offseason. Miami isn't ready to pay him the big bucks he could command next year, while at the same time, Wally and Drew Rosenhaus are confident Wally will have a stellar season and thus his value will sky rocket.

Personally....I don't think Wally will be around after 2003.

Yes....I know. Tender for 2003 is $375,000 as an EFA but in 2004 he will be a RFA worthy of a 1st rd tender.

If what you say is true, then $1.5 million that I assigned to him is to low.

Re: Re: I've analyzed your 2003 & 2004 Caps (LONG)

Good job! But:

But in the event McKnight is cut, he would only save the team 900,000 against this year's cap, not 1.5 Million, it would save 1.2 Million in 2004. Thats if he's released this offseason. If he's released next year, he'll count 800,000 against the cap, as opposed to the 2.2 Million he's slated to count for. A post June 1st 2004 release on mcknight would cost Miami 400,000 in cap hits in both 2004 and 2005!

Royals will not be cut, no matter how hard I pray for it to happen. Dave Wannstedts only mistake this offseason: Not drafting or signing OSU punter Andy Groom, who could be released after Tom Tupa's resigning in Tampa.

Nails will be active week, barring an injury.

McGarrahan is almost a lock to make this team as a special teamer. He is arguably the best player on those units. Your figure is almost dead on, he would save the team 496,000K immediately.

You have 7 LB's on the roster...that will not happen. Seau, Thomas, Greenwood, Moore, and Hendricks are locks, and its not even a lock Miami will keep 6, let alone 7. I do think they will end up with 6, but at this point speculating who that 6th will be is just a guess......which I don't want to do.

all in all clump, not bad....not bad at all.

A few more things I am gonna comment on, but I am tired. :D

McKnight's amortization is $360,000 per season. If released right now, he saves $1.5 million. If released next spring he saves $1.38 million and after June 1st, 2004, he saves $1.8 million on 2004 cap

Only 5 LBs? Hmmmm

Don't trust him MIKE, he has forked tongue, he's the enemy! :D

In all seriousness although Clump must spend alot of time on this subject matter, he has been saying the Dolphins would be in cap hell for years. Or at least that's what I've been told. I'm starting to think he is more wishful that is the case than it actually being the case.

Oliver...

I've never said "cap hell"...........I've said "cap jail" and it will continue in 2004

Originally posted by T-ROCK

Well, at least the guy who bled to death waiting for you died for a good cause...

Thanks for caring about us... I think I'm gonna cry...

:lol:

I was not working the blood bank side, thus if someone bled to death......it wasn't my fault, it was my co-workers :D

I think we can handle keeping that little linebackers. We're more then likely not going to lose that many linebackers that it'll be an issue, and Hendricks can play all the positions.

McKnight's amortization is $360,000 per season. If released right now, he saves $1.5 million. If released next spring he saves $1.38 million and after June 1st, 2004, he saves $1.8 million on 2004 cap

Only 5 LBs? Hmmmm

If he's released now, Miami is on the hook for 1.1 Million dollars of salary bonus yet counted for, half of which would count this year, half of which next.

Yes we clear his 1.5 and 1.8 Million dollar salaries, but the dead money is still there.

Re: Re: Re: Re: I've analyzed your 2003 & 2004 Caps (LONG)

I've never said "cap hell"...........I've said "cap jail" and it will continue in 2004

Yeah well I'll tell you the view from "cap jail" is pretty damn good. :D

Oliver...

That is one slick piece of work and it sounds much more realistic. I will succeed in turning you to the good side one day Clump as I have said before.

Re: Re: Re: Re: I've analyzed your 2003 & 2004 Caps (LONG)

If he's released now, Miami is on the hook for 1.1 Million dollars of salary bonus yet counted for, half of which would count this year, half of which next.

Yes we clear his 1.5 and 1.8 Million dollar salaries, but the dead money is still there.

Incorrect. The remaining amortization is split into 2 yrs, but with respect to Mcknight, he would count $360,000 vs 2003 cap and the rest, $720,000 would be dead cap in 2004. That's why teams cut players after June 1st, only one year worth of amortization counts in the year released and ALL REMAINING COUNTS VS CAP THE FOLLOWING CAP YEAR

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I've analyzed your 2003 & 2004 Caps (LONG)

Yeah well I'll tell you the view from "cap jail" is pretty damn good. :D

Oliver...

Rose colored glasses are preventing a clear picture

Originally posted by Jaj
That is one slick piece of work and it sounds much more realistic. I will succeed in turning you to the good side one day Clump as I have said before.

You are not my father and I will not yield to the dark side :D

I better not be. I don't think science has found a way to make the father younger than the son.

Back
Top Bottom