I've Lost Some Respect For LeBron James | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I've Lost Some Respect For LeBron James

Greedy? If the NBA didnt have limits on how large a max contract could be Lebron would be making double what he got. If anything Lebron is grossly underpaid.

Ferretsquig said:
Greedy? If the NBA didnt have limits on how large a max contract could be Lebron would be making double what he got. If anything Lebron is grossly underpaid.

Sorry, but even though LeBron James is one of my favorite players and he seems like a great person, this is all about the money, obviously. He's supposed to be the face of the franchise, and instead, he's putting the franchise at risk over a chance at a bigger contract. What exactly will happen in three years? What happens when the big marketing teams throw money at him? Call me crazy, but this would be the best setup in the world to go to New York. Stephon Marbury & Steve Francis both come off the books the same offseason where LeBron will be a free agent looking for his wonderful $50 million.

Personally, I think he's a great business man though - it just doesn't change the fact that it's all about the money, and to me, I don't think LeBron is all that comfortable about Cleveland as future Championship caliber franchise. I'll bet with anyone that if he does sign this 4-year extension with the 3rd year option, then the next three years will be the last of LeBron James in Cleveland. Place your bets..

I'll take back the "lost some respect" part, because I posted the link as soon as I saw the article without even thinking about it much. But hey, who can be surprised? LeBron James once stated that he wants to become a billionaire and perhaps, the world's richest man.

I think this is a crappy thing to do to his fans, but what really pisses me off is that he allegedly tried to talk Wade and Carmello into doing the same thing! Mind your own ****ing business Lebron!

Would you be comfortable with Cleveland's chances to compete for the title in the next 3 years? Ferry had 3 years to build a winning team in Cleveland and so far has been unsuccessful. In fact what has Ferry done in his entire tenure as GM of the Cavs that would make you think he has the ability to build a winner around Lebron? The only reason this guy still has a job is because he lucked out and got the first pick three years ago.

Lebron had to resign because it would of been a publicity nightmare if he hadn't and an even bigger nightmare trying to work out a sign and trade next year given the fact that no big market team has put the effort into clearing cap space. If Lebron has any sense at all he should want out of Cleveland. Who wouldnt? Wade doesnt win without Riley, Jordan doesnt win without Kraus, Shaq doesnt win without West.

I think it is kinda dirty... because it almost makes it clear that he wants out.

I hope Wade doesnt pull some crap like that. I hope he wouldnt be that concerned about the money that he would put his future in Miami at risk... over a few extra bucks. I hope he signs the 5 year deal... and locks his future up in Miami.

you've lost respect for lebron because hes a smart player, who knows his future is not with cleveland? He knows how to correctly market himself, not only is he a great player hes also a very smart buisness man :yes:

Buddwalk said:
you've lost respect for lebron because hes a smart player, who knows his future is not with cleveland? He knows how to correctly market himself, not only is he a great player hes also a very smart buisness man :yes:

I like that pic of Ronnie in your sig. You got the original still laying around?

Where are you guys getting this from? He will most likely stay in Cleveland, but with the NBA CBA expires get a monster contract from the team. How can you guys say they are not building a contender? They made it to the second round of the playoffs almost upsetting the former champions while their second best player hardly played.

He is playing for his hometown, on an up and coming team, for a **** load of money. I don't think hes going to be bolting anywhere anytime soon.

Caps said:
I think this is a crappy thing to do to his fans, but what really pisses me off is that he allegedly tried to talk Wade and Carmello into doing the same thing! Mind your own ****ing business Lebron!

Yeah one union brother trying to help out fellow union brothers, let's throw the ******* in jail! :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

Some of you people have no clue about anything!

Back
Top Bottom