I've Lost Some Respect For LeBron James | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I've Lost Some Respect For LeBron James

Blueprint said:
Clearly, it's all about the money added to the fact that he's going to be ready to go elsewhere sooner than later.

It's always ALL ABOUT THE MONEY in sports. You act like this is something new or a novel concept.

David Stern would buy him the playboy mansion to go play in New York.

It's fitting too, because both Marbury & Francis are off the books in 2010, the exact same summer as LeBron James would be eligable for opting out, if of course, this "news" is actually true. ESPN has been wrong more than right recently.

I'm now hearing that Cleveland and LeBron haven't even discussed the terms of the deal yet, which in that case, would mean ESPN is making things up again..... :rolleyes2

tucker said:
from sections link in his untradable thread:

Kobe has that same claus as do a select few players.

Its a way for a player to not take a MAX deal and still not lose too much money if they decide they want out of whatever city and play in a larger market with more exposure.

MikeO said:
It's always ALL ABOUT THE MONEY in sports. You act like this is something new or a novel concept.
You act like you don't know what on earth you're talking about.

If it's "always" all about the money, then Alonzo Mourning wouldn't of won a title with the Miami Heat last year, playing for the minimum. He was offered the mid-level by many teams, and the Spurs have already offered him that much this summer. There are plenty of players in professional sports who would take less than what they may be able to get, in order to play somewhere of their personal preference. Don't you think Dwyane Wade could do the same thing LeBron is doing? Melo? Bosh? What about Michael Finley who was offered more by the Heat than the Spurs, but went with San Antonio because he thought they'd have a better chance at winning it all? Either way, they are all millionaires, it's just a matter of greed. If LeBron wants to win THAT BADLY then maybe he shouldn't sign the deal at all and become a free agent next year, only to sign with the Clippers who he'd instantly make a true contender?

Blueprint said:

If it's "always" all about the money, then Alonzo Mourning wouldn't of won a title with the Miami Heat last year, playing for the minimum. He was offered the mid-level by many teams, and the Spurs have already offered him that much this summer. There are plenty of players in professional sports who would take less than what they may be able to get, in order to play somewhere of their personal preference. Don't you think Dwyane Wade could do the same thing LeBron is doing? Melo? Bosh? What about Michael Finley who was offered more by the Heat than the Spurs, but went with San Antonio because he thought they'd have a better chance at winning it all? Either way, they are all millionaires, it's just a matter of greed. If LeBron wants to win THAT BADLY then maybe he shouldn't sign the deal at all and become a free agent next year, only to sign with the Clippers who he'd instantly make a true contender?

:clap:

Blueprint said:

But remember ZO left miami and got paid $$$. He came back for a title. With Shaq, Riley and given the fact that its where he's played his career the smart move was miami. With all he been through he also has a different way of thinking. Its not about the money for him anymore. Most of the players that take less are veterans. There is only a select few that would take less money to stay with thier team. Currently I can only think of one and that Teddy Bruschi.

MikeO said:
How is he backstabbing anyone? If the team doesn't like the terms of the deal. DON'T SIGN IT!!!!!!!!!! And if the fans don't like it, don't support him or the team? This is all out in the open and very up front. It isn't like he is saying one thing then doing another.

Of course he is setting himself up to put himself in the best possible position. What person on planet earth wouldn't do the same?!?!?!?!?!

And yes, he is allowed to leave town at some point. Just because he was drafted by the Cavs doesn't mean he must live and die in the city of Cleveland his whole life. Maybe he wants to see where the franchise and city is in 3 years. It isn't like they have a long standing tradition of winning and he doesn't want to be in prison there forever on a loser!

Lebron is putting himself in the best possible position. ANd all within the rules. God bless him!

And that was my point I was trying to make. From a Cav's fan perspective... wouldnt you consider this move "dirty"? I mean, he is basicly saying he wants out of Clevland, but he is going to wait for a little bit collecting ALOT of money from your organization and tieing up your cap while he waits to get even more money when he leaves in a couple of years.

Lebron wants the money! I don't blame him but you guys are all bashing him when really hes taking a risk! You look at it as a way for him to get out or make more money long-term but you don't take into consideration if he breaks an ankle next season and never really recovers then he will make less then he would if he signed the big contract now!

Amars said:
But remember ZO left miami and got paid $$$. He came back for a title. With Shaq, Riley and given the fact that its where he's played his career the smart move was miami. With all he been through he also has a different way of thinking. Its not about the money for him anymore. Most of the players that take less are veterans. There is only a select few that would take less money to stay with thier team. Currently I can only think of one and that Teddy Bruschi.

The thing that makes me sick... is that Brady is another guy that has done it. I hate that guy... because it is sickening how perfect he is...

wazzy said:
Lebron wants the money! I don't blame him but you guys are all bashing him when really hes taking a risk! You look at it as a way for him to get out or make more money long-term but you don't take into consideration if he breaks an ankle next season and never really recovers then he will make less then he would if he signed the big contract now!

He could break both ankles and both arms... and the guy would still get a max contract...

Amars said:

Zo also got bought out by the Raptors and were still paying him like 5 million a year so that mid level contract didn't mean **** considering he is already making mid-level money playing on one of the most talented teams in the NBA because he whined his way out of Toronto!

This is coming from a very strong ZO supporter before he pulled that BS! They call him professional and a great guy meanwhile he bent over and gave it to Toronto by crying his way out!

FinNasty said:
He could break both ankles and both arms... and the guy would still get a max contract...

Alright I know Grant Hill is not Lebron James but when Hill left for Orlando imagine he only signed 3 years with them after those 3 years no one would of payed him the money he was making! Bad things happen I am not wishing bad upon Lebron because he is an extremely talented and entertaining player but anything is possible and it is a risk!

FinNasty said:
And that was my point I was trying to make. From a Cav's fan perspective... wouldnt you consider this move "dirty"? I mean, he is basicly saying he wants out of Clevland, but he is going to wait for a little bit collecting ALOT of money from your organization and tieing up your cap while he waits to get even more money when he leaves in a couple of years.

cleveland will be able to offer him more money than anybody else. he's not goin anywhere.

Well Lebron cant feed his family on 80 mil you know :rolleyes:

Come on its not like he is making chicken ****, if he had any dedication to his team or fans he would just take the Max contract

Blueprint said:
It's four years with the chance to opt out after three, which he will do.

I don't think you fully understand the reasoning for this. Read the article again. LeBron is doing this because the max he can get now is $80 million over 5-years, when in three years, he'll be able to get $150 million over 6, whether it's with the Cavs (which I very, very highly doubt) or elsewhere. Clearly, it's all about the money added to the fact that he's going to be ready to go elsewhere sooner than later.

His other contract he would have had an option on year 5. So one extra year.

I don't need to read the article again. I know the FACTS from the article. The rest is the writers spin on the situation....its pure opinion. You are all taking it as the word.

He'll cash in with the Cavs when time expires. You people act like this team wasn't a legit contender this year, and only getting better.

Back
Top Bottom