I've Lost Some Respect For LeBron James | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I've Lost Some Respect For LeBron James

FinNasty said:
And that was my point I was trying to make. From a Cav's fan perspective... wouldnt you consider this move "dirty"? I mean, he is basicly saying he wants out of Clevland, but he is going to wait for a little bit collecting ALOT of money from your organization and tieing up your cap while he waits to get even more money when he leaves in a couple of years.

And he might win ya a championship or two in the meantime. He is that good.

From a fans perspective just be happy he is on your team. Show up and sell out every game. Put the pressure on the organization to keep him at all costs.

Peyton Manning ties up a bunch of the cap for the Colts, you don't see those fans crying.

MikeO said:
And he might win ya a championship or two in the meantime. He is that good.

From a fans perspective just be happy he is on your team. Show up and sell out every game. Put the pressure on the organization to keep him at all costs.

Peyton Manning ties up a bunch of the cap for the Colts, you don't see those fans crying.
Its not about just taking up the cap. Its choosing to take up alot of the cap for a couple years while he waits to get a pay check somewhere else. Signing this makes no committment to the team or its fans, yet takes as much money from them as possible while he d***s around with them for the next couple of years.

He wont win one in the meantime btw. There just isnt enough talent around him, and the organization isnt in a position to go out and get more help...

FinNasty said:
Its not about just taking up the cap. Its choosing to take up alot of the cap for a couple years while he waits to get a pay check somewhere else. Signing this makes no committment to the team or its fans, yet takes as much money from them as possible while he d***s around with them for the next couple of years.

He wont win one in the meantime btw. There just isnt enough talent around him, and the organization isnt in a position to go out and get more help...

Then if its a bad deal on the Cavs end.................DON'T SIGN IT AND GIVE IT TO HIM! :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

How difficult is it to understand! Cleveland knows what its getting into

MikeO said:
Then if its a bad deal on the Cavs end.................DON'T SIGN IT AND GIVE IT TO HIM! :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

Letting him walk is not a valid option for Cleveland, you know that. If he wanted to sign nothing but 1 year contracts for the rest of his career they would have no choice but to oblige. Lebron has all the leverage in this one.

MikeO said:

I am not talking about the organization. I have been talking about from the fans perspective. Realize that and then re-read my post. Because that answer has nothing to do with what I am talking about.

I have been saying that this is basically a huge slap in the face of the Cavs fans...

Caps said:
Letting him walk is not a valid option for Cleveland, you know that. If he wanted to sign nothing but 1 year contracts for the rest of his career they would have no choice but to oblige. Lebron has all the leverage in this one.

no he doesn't. The team that can pay him the MOST is Cleveland. Seems like to me THEY have the leverage.

MikeO said:
no he doesn't. The team that can pay him the MOST is Cleveland. Seems like to me THEY have the leverage.

That's irrelevant. LeBron can, as the article states, get 150 mil from any team he wants. However, Cleveland can't let Lebron go without completely destroying their fanbase and revenue, if Lebron left it would single handedly send the team into hell, as was said in the top 40 list. They have no choice but to resign him to any deal he desires. They would probably have to relocate the team if Lebron left.

Caps said:
That's irrelevant. LeBron can, as the article states, get 150 mil from any team he wants. However, Cleveland can't let Lebron go without completely destroying their fanbase and revenue, if Lebron left it would single handedly send the team into hell, as was said in the top 40 list. They have no choice but to resign him to any deal he desires. They would probably have to relocate the team if Lebron left.

I have never seen a fan base CRY and WHINE about having one of the best players in the league as I have now. You guys are amazing!

And I don't think the team would move if he left. :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

Oh, and he isn't leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is just getting a contract you don't like! amazing!

MikeO said:
I have never seen a fan base CRY and WHINE about having one of the best players in the league as I have now. You guys are amazing!

And I don't think the team would move if he left. :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

Oh, and he isn't leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is just getting a contract you don't like! amazing!
Wow, you think I'm a Cavs fan? Did my sig not give away the team I root for? It's right there, in the 49th post, in nice big, bold letters for everyone to see. It's a good idea to, I don't know, READ everything before you make assumptions Mike. I can't believe I just wasted my time with this. :shakeno:

Goodnight.

There all greedy....one of the reasons I don't like the NBA as much as I once did.

Caps said:
Wow, you think I'm a Cavs fan? Did my sig not give away the team I root for? It's right there, in the 49th post, in nice big, bold letters for everyone to see. It's a good idea to, I don't know, READ everything before you make assumptions Mike. I can't believe I just wasted my time with this. :shakeno:

Goodnight.

What?????????? All I said is no Cavs fan would cry due to the fact Lebron only signed a deal that is 1 year shorter! Seriously, talk about making a mountain out of a molehill

Blueprint said:
You act like you don't know what on earth you're talking about.

If it's "always" all about the money, then Alonzo Mourning wouldn't of won a title with the Miami Heat last year, playing for the minimum. He was offered the mid-level by many teams, and the Spurs have already offered him that much this summer. There are plenty of players in professional sports who would take less than what they may be able to get, in order to play somewhere of their personal preference. Don't you think Dwyane Wade could do the same thing LeBron is doing? Melo? Bosh? What about Michael Finley who was offered more by the Heat than the Spurs, but went with San Antonio because he thought they'd have a better chance at winning it all? Either way, they are all millionaires, it's just a matter of greed. If LeBron wants to win THAT BADLY then maybe he shouldn't sign the deal at all and become a free agent next year, only to sign with the Clippers who he'd instantly make a true contender?

Is Michael Finley a valid arguement or even Alonzo? They're players who are winding down their career who are chasing a ring. Plus I believe Finley was still getting paid a ton of cash by the Mavs. Finley and Zo are also both past their prime. Finley was the 6th man untill the 2nd rd vs Dallas or unless Ginobili was hurt. When Lebron has the option to opt out he'll be what like 25? Still getting better. It is scary how good he can be

He should be loyal right? Though would anybody criticize Kevin Garnett for wanting to be traded out of Minnesota? If a guy takes less money to go to another team rather than take more money to stay with his original team is that really being loyal? Or do we hold guys who take less money in a higher regard?

Blueprint said:
Sorry, but even though LeBron James is one of my favorite players and he seems like a great person, this is all about the money, obviously. He's supposed to be the face of the franchise, and instead, he's putting the franchise at risk over a chance at a bigger contract. What exactly will happen in three years? What happens when the big marketing teams throw money at him? Call me crazy, but this would be the best setup in the world to go to New York. Stephon Marbury & Steve Francis both come off the books the same offseason where LeBron will be a free agent looking for his wonderful $50 million.

Personally, I think he's a great business man though - it just doesn't change the fact that it's all about the money, and to me, I don't think LeBron is all that comfortable about Cleveland as future Championship caliber franchise. I'll bet with anyone that if he does sign this 4-year extension with the 3rd year option, then the next three years will be the last of LeBron James in Cleveland. Place your bets..

I'll take back the "lost some respect" part, because I posted the link as soon as I saw the article without even thinking about it much. But hey, who can be surprised? LeBron James once stated that he wants to become a billionaire and perhaps, the world's richest man.

though one of the benefactors was money it wasnt the main thing...thats why its such a good deal...now he puts pressure on the Cav front office to put better peices around him or else he will be out...he came in the leage at 18 clearly the kid has another say 13 years to play in the league and be a star contributor...this deal ensures that if the cavs slip up with the peices he can go somewhere as a free agent and not have to worry about reworking a current big contract or playing in cleveland when he doesnt want to simply because no other team would take on his contract(iverson)

Amars said:
But remember ZO left miami and got paid $$$. He came back for a title. With Shaq, Riley and given the fact that its where he's played his career the smart move was miami. With all he been through he also has a different way of thinking. Its not about the money for him anymore. Most of the players that take less are veterans. There is only a select few that would take less money to stay with thier team. Currently I can only think of one and that Teddy Bruschi.
Alonzo Mourning also left Miami because we were clearly on the brink of rebuilding mode, while New Jersey looked like a sure contender. He was chasing a ring more than money, and at the same time, New Jersey was offering more money. It was a win-win situation, but it was more about a title than the money, as it's always been for Zo.

saves said:
His other contract he would have had an option on year 5. So one extra year.

I don't need to read the article again. I know the FACTS from the article. The rest is the writers spin on the situation....its pure opinion. You are all taking it as the word.

He'll cash in with the Cavs when time expires. You people act like this team wasn't a legit contender this year, and only getting better.

Sorry, but whether you like it or not, I don't think "King James" and his future of stardom is going to be in Cleveland for that long. Why the hell would he want to stay in heartbreak city? He's going to a bigger city with a better basketball franchise, believe me. Cleveland wasn't a legit contender last year; come on now, Detroit was playing with them in games 3 & 4, even Rasheed admitted it. Cleveland was playing their best game and Detroit was playing their worst, and they still won the series. The Eastern Conference sucks, so any two teams out've Miami, Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland, and New Jersey can make it to the conference finals in any given situation. FACT is, Cleveland would get CLOBBERED by a team like Dallas, San Antonio, or Phoenix. That's FACTUAL to me. Oh, and by the way, Chicago has improved by miles and miles, and Cleveland hasn't done anything to excite anybody this offseason - you may see Drew Gooden playing elsewhere for peanuts in return as well. PG situation still sucks, Larry Hughes still isn't a good enough sidekick, and Big Z is still useless 50% of the time.

djfresh47 said:
Is Michael Finley a valid arguement or even Alonzo? They're players who are winding down their career who are chasing a ring. Plus I believe Finley was still getting paid a ton of cash by the Mavs. Finley and Zo are also both past their prime. Finley was the 6th man untill the 2nd rd vs Dallas or unless Ginobili was hurt. When Lebron has the option to opt out he'll be what like 25? Still getting better. It is scary how good he can be
Michael Finley could've started on about 10-15 teams for even more money guaranteed over more years. He decided to go try and get a ring with San Antonio for less money, less guaranteed years, and less playing time. Finley is known as an all out, all heart guy who is very unselfish.

djfresh47 said:

He should be loyal right? Though would anybody criticize Kevin Garnett for wanting to be traded out of Minnesota? If a guy takes less money to go to another team rather than take more money to stay with his original team is that really being loyal? Or do we hold guys who take less money in a higher regard?
It's not about how much money you make, it's about what you do to get the contract. If every team in the league is throwing you the max, like KG, and you stay in Minnesota, then that's fine. When he "supposedly" begged to be traded, it was for title contenting not a new and bigger contract. Kevin Garnett cried about losing on national television - he'll play for the minimum if it means winning a title, trust me. I'd call Kevin Garnett & Allen Iverson the two players in the league with the most heart.

Blueprint said:
Sorry, but whether you like it or not, I don't think "King James" and his future of stardom is going to be in Cleveland for that long. Why the hell would he want to stay in heartbreak city? He's going to a bigger city with a better basketball franchise, believe me. Cleveland wasn't a legit contender last year; come on now, Detroit was playing with them in games 3 & 4, even Rasheed admitted it. Cleveland was playing their best game and Detroit was playing their worst, and they still won the series. The Eastern Conference sucks, so any two teams out've Miami, Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland, and New Jersey can make it to the conference finals in any given situation. FACT is, Cleveland would get CLOBBERED by a team like Dallas, San Antonio, or Phoenix. That's FACTUAL to me. Oh, and by the way, Chicago has improved by miles and miles, and Cleveland hasn't done anything to excite anybody this offseason - you may see Drew Gooden playing elsewhere for peanuts in return as well. PG situation still sucks, Larry Hughes still isn't a good enough sidekick, and Big Z is still useless 50% of the time.

The reason I think he'll stay, is because hes a hometown boy. How many people get a chance to be a star for the town they grew up in?

Rasheed admited it? Oh I'm going to listen to him. He guaranteed victory and lost....yea lets listen to his excuses.

Huges is a very talented player, and although I am not the largest Huges fan, when he actually gets to play the majority of the season he will be effective.
Worst case senario with Gooden is a sign and trade, hes too good to let slip away. They don't need a true point guard...LBJ and Huges will handle the ball. They just drafted two guards that can be offensive threats as well as play quick defense. And I think Z needs to be moved, because he is not right for this team. The need to get a center that can run, but there is time left for moves to be made.

Back
Top Bottom