I've Lost Some Respect For LeBron James | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I've Lost Some Respect For LeBron James

Blueprint said:
Alonzo Mourning also left Miami because we were clearly on the brink of rebuilding mode, while New Jersey looked like a sure contender. He was chasing a ring more than money, and at the same time, New Jersey was offering more money. It was a win-win situation, but it was more about a title than the money, as it's always been for Zo.

Sorry, but whether you like it or not, I don't think "King James" and his future of stardom is going to be in Cleveland for that long. Why the hell would he want to stay in heartbreak city? He's going to a bigger city with a better basketball franchise, believe me. Cleveland wasn't a legit contender last year; come on now, Detroit was playing with them in games 3 & 4, even Rasheed admitted it. Cleveland was playing their best game and Detroit was playing their worst, and they still won the series. The Eastern Conference sucks, so any two teams out've Miami, Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland, and New Jersey can make it to the conference finals in any given situation. FACT is, Cleveland would get CLOBBERED by a team like Dallas, San Antonio, or Phoenix. That's FACTUAL to me. Oh, and by the way, Chicago has improved by miles and miles, and Cleveland hasn't done anything to excite anybody this offseason - you may see Drew Gooden playing elsewhere for peanuts in return as well. PG situation still sucks, Larry Hughes still isn't a good enough sidekick, and Big Z is still useless 50% of the time.

Michael Finley could've started on about 10-15 teams for even more money guaranteed over more years. He decided to go try and get a ring with San Antonio for less money, less guaranteed years, and less playing time. Finley is known as an all out, all heart guy who is very unselfish.

It's not about how much money you make, it's about what you do to get the contract. If every team in the league is throwing you the max, like KG, and you stay in Minnesota, then that's fine. When he "supposedly" begged to be traded, it was for title contenting not a new and bigger contract. Kevin Garnett cried about losing on national television - he'll play for the minimum if it means winning a title, trust me. I'd call Kevin Garnett & Allen Iverson the two players in the league with the most heart.

Would you not consider the infamous practice incident selfish? You're giving guys the benefit of the doubt nobody is playing for minimum if they've got that much talent. What's the difference if LeBron leaves Cleveland and they have not shown a committment to winning than Kevin Garnett wanting out of Minnesota because he wants to contend for a title? If Cleveland doesn't improve and Ferry doesn't build around him and LeBron wants out to win championships what's wrong with that? I think you believe that guys play simply because they love the game which is not true at all. You don't think Wade wants to get paid or 'Melo and Bosh? Would you consider Tim Duncan selfish? I thought I read that he did something very similar to this a few years ago to maximize his earning.

I agree about AI and KG. Man they play night in and night out...and pretty much carry their teams.

LeBron talk has Melo considering shorter deal

Carmelo Anthony will apparently consider signing a contract extension with the Denver Nuggets similar to the deal LeBron James intends to sign with Cleveland.
Anthony was weighing various contract lengths Monday night, according to sources close to the forward, sparked in part by Sunday's ESPN report that James plans to sign a three-year deal with the Cavaliers with a player option for a fourth season. James reportedly prefers the shorter contract to the maximum five-year extension worth an estimated $80 million.

Anthony committed to signing an extension with the Nuggets mere hours after the NBA's free-agency period commenced on July 1. He can officially sign the deal as early as Wednesday, which is the first day NBA teams can officially sign free agents and complete trades after the salary cap is set for the 2006-07 season.

Earlier Monday, one of Anthony's agents indicated that the forward favors the original five-year plan. Bill Duffy called Anthony's future in Denver and James' conditions in Cleveland "two different situations."

Anthony echoed those sentiments in Tuesday's editions of the Rocky Mountain News, which quotes the 22-year-old as saying his preference is a full five-year extension with the ability to opt out after Year 4 and become an unrestricted free agent.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2515812

BAMAPHIN 22 said:
LeBron talk has Melo considering shorter deal

Carmelo Anthony will apparently consider signing a contract extension with the Denver Nuggets similar to the deal LeBron James intends to sign with Cleveland.
Anthony was weighing various contract lengths Monday night, according to sources close to the forward, sparked in part by Sunday's ESPN report that James plans to sign a three-year deal with the Cavaliers with a player option for a fourth season. James reportedly prefers the shorter contract to the maximum five-year extension worth an estimated $80 million.

Anthony committed to signing an extension with the Nuggets mere hours after the NBA's free-agency period commenced on July 1. He can officially sign the deal as early as Wednesday, which is the first day NBA teams can officially sign free agents and complete trades after the salary cap is set for the 2006-07 season.

Earlier Monday, one of Anthony's agents indicated that the forward favors the original five-year plan. Bill Duffy called Anthony's future in Denver and James' conditions in Cleveland "two different situations."

Anthony echoed those sentiments in Tuesday's editions of the Rocky Mountain News, which quotes the 22-year-old as saying his preference is a full five-year extension with the ability to opt out after Year 4 and become an unrestricted free agent.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2515812

Good for him. It's actually nice to see union brothers helping each other out. Lebron set a standard and others if they can should at least consider doing what he did.

kg makes like 25 million a year (old cba). his contract completely straps the t-wolves. i can't feel bad for him if his team sucks.

according to the article lebron will be in cleveland either 4 (3 in the extension + 1 on rookie contract) or 5 more years. that's not back stabbing anybody . . . a lot can happen in 4 years . . . if he wanted to bolt he would've just finished up his rookie contract and left.

Cap room moves up after the 11-12 season and he could find himself getting a 6 year contract worth about 150 million and only the team that drafted him can offer him that max contract.

He'll get the best contract from the Cavs when this current contract expires.

Blueprint said:
Alonzo Mourning also left Miami because we were clearly on the brink of rebuilding mode, while New Jersey looked like a sure contender. He was chasing a ring more than money, and at the same time, New Jersey was offering more money. It was a win-win situation, but it was more about a title than the money, as it's always been for Zo.

Sorry, but whether you like it or not, I don't think "King James" and his future of stardom is going to be in Cleveland for that long. Why the hell would he want to stay in heartbreak city? He's going to a bigger city with a better basketball franchise, believe me. Cleveland wasn't a legit contender last year; come on now, Detroit was playing with them in games 3 & 4, even Rasheed admitted it. Cleveland was playing their best game and Detroit was playing their worst, and they still won the series. The Eastern Conference sucks, so any two teams out've Miami, Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland, and New Jersey can make it to the conference finals in any given situation. FACT is, Cleveland would get CLOBBERED by a team like Dallas, San Antonio, or Phoenix. That's FACTUAL to me. Oh, and by the way, Chicago has improved by miles and miles, and Cleveland hasn't done anything to excite anybody this offseason - you may see Drew Gooden playing elsewhere for peanuts in return as well. PG situation still sucks, Larry Hughes still isn't a good enough sidekick, and Big Z is still useless 50% of the time.

Michael Finley could've started on about 10-15 teams for even more money guaranteed over more years. He decided to go try and get a ring with San Antonio for less money, less guaranteed years, and less playing time. Finley is known as an all out, all heart guy who is very unselfish.

It's not about how much money you make, it's about what you do to get the contract. If every team in the league is throwing you the max, like KG, and you stay in Minnesota, then that's fine. When he "supposedly" begged to be traded, it was for title contenting not a new and bigger contract. Kevin Garnett cried about losing on national television - he'll play for the minimum if it means winning a title, trust me. I'd call Kevin Garnett & Allen Iverson the two players in the league with the most heart.

What do you think of Wade reportedly singing a 3 year deal also?

Amars said:
What do you think of Wade reportedly singing a 3 year deal also?

Check out the thread about it... hes talked about it in there...

Blueprint said:
I'll take back the "lost some respect" part, because I posted the link as soon as I saw the article without even thinking about it much. But hey, who can be surprised? LeBron James once stated that he wants to become a billionaire and perhaps, the world's richest man.

July 10th.

I don't know why people are asking if I've "lost respect" for Wade..

I've only stated a million times that LBJ is still one of my favorites.

Back
Top Bottom