Jackson notes | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jackson notes

Not a D Williams fan at all. We need a bruising short yardage back to compliment Drake. A guy like L Blount would be fine with me. Also think we will draft a RB. I love Chubb.
He’s the anti-lousaka polite - he’s like 1-30 on converting 3rd and 4th and 1.

Suh's gotta be thinking about the hall of fame at this point in his career. It's in his best interest to stay with Miami and carve out a legacy here to go along with the shorter one he had in Detroit.

I am confident both Suh and Tannehill will free up some money because i think it's in both of their best interest's to stay in Miami for as long as possible as both will be defined as Dolphins first and foremost no matter where they might end up in the future.

49ers don't like Hyde's fit in their offense. I could see them drafting a back like Darius Guice.

I agree with you on Hyde. I read an article early in the season that Shanahan had his running back of the future in Joe Williams but he hurt something early in preseason and was out the whole year...I think Hyde will ask for too much money though!!

I take this as meaning we will only take a QB if Darnold or Rosen fall to 11, which I agree with. I can't stand developmental QB's like Allen in the 1st round, far to often they turn into Blaine Gabbert Careers as they never figure it out between the ears.

I have my eyes on Luke Falk out of Washington State in the 4th round if possible. Good pocket awareness, accurate, and has the size and arm. That is the kind of QB I see us taking, good enough to step in for a game or two and enough potential to develop into a good starter long-term.
Agree 100 percent. Really like Falk.

Pretty sure I heard Pouncey say just a few weeks ago this is the best season he's had. PFF doesn't do a good job grading players and their point system is tragically flawed (especially when it comes to the subjective play of linemen) but they have the grade on Pouncey correct. 28 f 32 sounds about right.

I’ve heard you guys say that. That’s one I want to look into. Pre snap and progression is what I’d look for
Would love your thoughts. I really like his accuracy and touch. A Kirk Cousins type. Injuries ate a concern.

Would love your thoughts. I really like his accuracy and touch. A Kirk Cousins type. Injuries ate a concern.

Accuracy is a big deal but placement even more critical cause our o relies on rac so much. Proper shoulder relative to leverage etc. I will let you know what I see. Maybe even get into it this weekend

Injuries or arm help you get kids late on day 2 or day 3 even. I got no issue with it cause miami isn’t looking for a starter but developmental 2 deep with upside. This year at least

Also if Landry does leave I would be fine with signing Tevon Austin to play the slot and Paul Richardson outside if the price right on the two. Could you imagine those backs with RIchardson, Parker Stills, Austin, Grant and either Isiah Ford, Leonte Caroo or some other cheap developmental receiver.

People want to put down Landry because of 8.8 at least his career avg is 10.1, Austin career avg is 8.7 (and he's a speed guy) his best year was 58 catches for 509 yards. He's had 2 years of 0 TD production and he weighs 174 lbs. I don't want to imagine an offense in which a 174 lb below avg wr is our slot guy.

Austin is a gimmick wr that the rams would love to get out of that awful contract on.

Hang up the phone if they call with that garbage

I do like the Paul Richardson thing but he’s razor thin and up til this year murdered by injury. I’d only consider that if dvp was to exit. And I’m really not trying to trade dvp

So Gase said that.... I give up. I don't like the guy. There I've said it. This is a meaningless and lazy statement. Makes me want to puke. Lost faith.

Lost faith cause he gave one of those damned if you do damned if you don’t answers when the media asked about evaluating himself? There is no right answer there. But I will say this unlike dajesus that started some bs “reality” thread about what the real problems are id guarantee you that anyone with a real clue who watched the tape would identify like gase did the qb play as the primary reason you are 6 and 10 and watching the postseason. And gase correctly identified the fact Ryan Tannehill wasn’t there for why this season went up in smoke. Why? cause the damn tape says so. Even the analytics nerds at some point would put down the pocket protectors and understand that with an 80 qbr you are going nowhere

Last edited:
People want to put down Landry because of 8.8 at least his career avg is 10.1, Austin career avg is 8.7 (and he's a speed guy) his best year was 58 catches for 509 yards. He's had 2 years of 0 TD production and he weighs 174 lbs. I don't want to imagine an offense in which a 174 lb below avg wr is our slot guy.

All depends on the usage. If a vast majority of those passes are short throwns that are basicly extensions of the running game 7 or 8 yards per shot isn't bad. You're going to complete most of those passes so if you're averaging 7 or 8 yards per attempt on them than that puts the offense in good position and draws coverages up so other players can work down the field provided you have a line that can protect and a qb that can throw.

No one is talking about the biggest news in that notes article.

Gase is going to evaluate himself as a coach.

Damn straight better. Because he's got a crapload of growing up to do.

Back
Top Bottom