Jake Long deciding on Miami Dolphins, St. Louis Rams | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Long deciding on Miami Dolphins, St. Louis Rams

And i bet you felt just as good as I did when we dominated time of possession, yards, pretty much everything and still lost to the Colts (w/ Manning) a few years back.

That game was a Sparano special. We never punted and LOST. :bobdole:

Long, vollmer, winston...it really doesn't matter. We already addressed the far more important concerns. Give one of them a reasonable contract and start focusing on the other more important needs.

I agree. I like Jake (If healthy) at the right price, but Jake needs to make a decision now, or Miami needs to make it for him.

Call up Eric Winston, make him a reasonable offer, if he signs it, move on. Some fans will be pissed, but then again, some fans were pissed that we went one whole day in free agency without signing anyone.

To be honest I really hope Jake doesn't sign. He really isn't a good fit for us now. He was the old regime's type of big slow OL man. Now we need light fast agile blockers, and I don't think he will fit. Add to that he is going to be overpaid and is injury prone, and I would MUCH rather have Volmer who is a better fit and will hurt the pats at the same time, and can be had for roughly the same price or less. My favorite would be to get Winston and have enough over to sign Dumervile and Grimes. Not sure what the cap is right now but although many disagree I think it would be possible if we got rid of Marshall's 4.5 million.

Jake is gettin torn up by this i bet, he does not no what to do or think smh.

Yea that has to suck to decide between 10 mil for 5 years and changing workplaces or something slightly less and staying with the place you have worked for 4 years. I couldnt imagine. I feel for the guy.

I bet the Rams offered 5 yr 40 mill. Seems fair. I'm sure you guys will match that and he stays. Just my .02

Yea that has to suck to decide between 10 mil for 5 years and changing workplaces or something slightly less and staying with the place you have worked for 4 years. I couldnt imagine. I feel for the guy.

The best was Jackie Long on Twitter thanking some dude for his prayers...

https://twitter.com/jackielong_17/status/312672147577397248

If anyone out there is the praying type, please pray for the Longs. This must be soooo hard for them!

The best was Jackie Long on Twitter thanking some dude for his prayers...

https://twitter.com/jackielong_17/status/312672147577397248

If anyone out there is the praying type, please pray for the Longs. This must be soooo hard for them!

It's tough being the #1 overall pick in the draft, making an outrageous amount of money that is not at all proportional to the importance of your position on the field -- about twice as much as the average among your peers, in fact -- and and then being forced to choose between a fair offer with your current employer and a desperate offer from a guy with a mullet in St. Louis.

I'll pray for the Longs tonight.

If you had him, you would be telling me how great he is. He's a hell of a HC. He took a 2-14 team and took them to 7-8-1 and blew 3-4 games they should have won. Young team couldn't close games out.
I'm going to be honest with you. I was terrified the Fins were going to get Fisher. I hated his game-plans and lack of innovation in Tenn. He just seemed too close to Sparano for me. He's not dumb like Sparano and Fisher strikes me as the type that is good for teams during the practice week but I wouldnt want him on the sidelines come gametime. I like Philbin, but Ive liked him since day 1. I liked him from the start because he was the complete opposite of Sparano. I still like him because he's the complete opposite of Sparano. Intelligence, aggressiveness, creativity, clock management, etc, etc.

Back
Top Bottom