Jake Long... Don't worry | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Long... Don't worry

what does loyalty have to do with anything? cap hit trumps loyalty every time. Joey Porter isn't going anywhere this year. when asked about Jason, BP has said "I believe we should try to keep the good players that we have and try to aquire more good players. Jason Taylor is a good player" and "the only way Jason Taylor doesn't play for the Dolphins this year is if he retires..." now you can continue to believe otherwise, but it seems to me that they are both on the field for Miami this year. and again, Quentin Groves looks like he also has everything they want in an OLB.

what does loyalty have to do with anything? cap hit trumps loyalty every time. Joey Porter isn't going anywhere this year. when asked about Jason, BP has said "I believe we should try to keep the good players that we have and try to aquire more good players. Jason Taylor is a good player" and "the only way Jason Taylor doesn't play for the Dolphins this year is if he retires..." now you can continue to believe otherwise, but it seems to me that they are both on the field for Miami this year. and again, Quentin Groves looks like he also has everything they want in an OLB.

Look I agree with everything you say but what else should BP say about JT, see ya, your getting traded and then no offers of real value get offered. That would be foolish, this way if he doesn't get any offers that excite him keeping JT means we still have a solid leader and two probowlers manning the OLB positions. If by chance a big offer comes (Jax-1(26)) BP looks like a genius to that much for an aging, expensive superstar player.

Loyalty being they didnt pick them. They didnt sign them. The just inherited them on the team. Big difference compared to if they had sign them or drafted them. Your right Parcells has said that about JT, but then why do the rumors keep persisting from people that JT is out the door as soon as possible? Why have their been rumblings from people very close to JT that said he doesnt want to tarnish his image in Miami by saying he wants to be somewhere else? You could choose to take Parcells at face or dont like so many people do.

Quentin Groves has alot what Parcells and Ireland look for, but he plays a position different than Chris Long. Groves plays the weakside, while Chris Long plays the strong side. So if we do take Chris Long, dont be surprised if we take Groves as well especially if we get rid of JT.

Look I agree with everything you say but what else should BP say about JT, see ya, your getting traded and then no offers of real value get offered. That would be foolish, this way if he doesn't get any offers that excite him keeping JT means we still have a solid leader and two probowlers manning the OLB positions. If by chance a big offer comes (Jax-1(26)) BP looks like a genius to that much for an aging, expensive superstar player.

exactly. its posturing. by saying we are looking to trade you, teams wont offer as much. considering there have rumors of a 2nd and 3rd from minny and a 2nd and 4th green bay, why would we want to float out the possibility of JT being had for less? It makes no sense. Look at what happened to marcus stroud in jacksonville. The guy was a pro bowl player at one time, yet when people found out the jacksonville wanted to unload him in a big way, they got less then what they should of got.

I agree that it is entirely possible that JT gets traded, but all outward signs say no. BP could have said many things that were less supportive and still produced the smokescreen. he did seem pretty emphatic on both occasions. he hasn't said much about any other player like he has JT. Sparano has pledged his support. Jacksonville is rumored to be interested, but as I understand they haven't offered enough. it wouldn't surprise me if he goes and in the end it might be the best move, but my money is on him staying in 2008.

I agree that it is entirely possible that JT gets traded, but all outward signs say no. BP could have said many things that were less supportive and still produced the smokescreen. he did seem pretty emphatic on both occasions. he hasn't said much about any other player like he has JT. Sparano has pledged his support. Jacksonville is rumored to be interested, but as I understand they haven't offered enough. it wouldn't surprise me if he goes and in the end it might be the best move, but my money is on him staying in 2008.

Thats the whole point of a smoke screen is to make sure all outward signs say one thing, while internally like what they are doing, they are looking to do the opposite. It fits a smoke screen to a T.

I dont see how Parcells could of been less emphatic about the whole situation and still conveyed the fact of a smoke screen. By saying well he may be here, he may not doesnt exactly scream its going to take a good offer to get him from us.
Sparano has no say on if JT goes or not. He doesnt make personnel decisions. He has input on them but final say goes to Ireland and Parcells.

while we are on the subject, if letting people know you want to trade drops what you get in return, why did Jeff Ireland announce "we are open for business" with the top pick? imo, the value is the value and the market is the market. maybe if Jacksonville finds out what others have offered, they feel pressure to sweeten the deal at the risk of missing out. if they can get teams to compete against each other, wouldn't that drive the price up?

while we are on the subject, if letting people know you want to trade drops what you get in return, why did Jeff Ireland announce "we are open for business" with the top pick? imo, the value is the value and the market is the market. maybe if Jacksonville finds out what others have offered, they feel pressure to sweeten the deal at the risk of missing out. if they can get teams to compete against each other, wouldn't that drive the price up?

Teams already knew that we wanted to trade the first overall pick. He wasnt saying anything earth shattering. All he did was confirm what everyone already knew.

Im sure jacksonville already knows what teams are offering. If we heard rumors of the offers from green bay and minnesota, im pretty sure they knew about it too. Im sure they are waiting, like a few other teams to see if they can pick up a pass rusher before they get more serious about trading for JT.

I agree my point is just that it's a win win for BP with JT. If he stays we have a great leader and fan favourite, if he goes it will be because we got a great offer.

This is partly why I'd like J.Long 1st, we can keep JT and develope his replacement for years down the road.

Back
Top Bottom