Jake Long... Don't worry | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Long... Don't worry

Let's not forget that quite a few ends and OLB's Jake Long went up against were fast.. So I don't know where the "Jake Long can't handle the speed rush" argument came from.

Last year, Jake Long totally took Cliff Avril out of the game.. And Avril runs a 4.5 forty. Jake Long dominated Avril in the passing game as well as in the running game. He just destroyed him... And again, Avril is a burner, he can run a 4.5 40, which is elite NFL speed for that position. Avril is projected to go in the 2nd round this year.

Just like Jake Long took Florida's Derrick Harvey out of the game easily in the bowl game.. Harvey, a guy projected to be a first rounder, has stated to the media that he has never been manhandled by an O-lineman like Jake Long dominated him in both the pass and run.. Not ever. Harvey said that himself.
Exactly! My man! This is what I've been saying about Jake and his level of competition that he dominated against. I never heard that quote from Harvey, that's freakin' awesome! Harvey is one of the guys I use to describe the level of comp. Jake faced. He'll definitely be a 1st. rounder like you said. Jake in the 1st and someone like Groves in the 2nd. would be great and solve more of our needs than any other scenario. IMO. :up:

Everybody can say that Joe Thomas was a good pick last year for Cleveland at number 3. Why is it that some people on here think Jake Long wouldn't be a good pick for us? Jake had a better Shuttle Run and Cone Drill and Bench Press (by 9 more) and tied in the 10 yard interval and .1 second off on 20 yard interval. Most Tackles don't have to run more than 10 yards and with the Shuttle Run and Cone Drill shows he's got just as good feet as Thomas. He's just as quick and more powerful than Thomas. He only let one sack and 3 penalties his entire college career.

either you have an agenda or you want the Dolphins to draft based on combine results

either way it is erroneous

and whats vernon carey? last i checked he only had given up 3.5 sacks on the year and had a 5.1 avg for running plays. i guess jake long is automatically better than:rolleyes:

Maybe not, but I do know our line would be automaticly better with Carey back at his natural position of RT with Long over on the left.

Then we could run to both sides. Wouldn't that be a keen idea? :up:

Maybe not, but I do know our line would be automaticly better with Carey back at his natural position of RT with Long over on the left.

Then we could run to both sides. Wouldn't that be a keen idea? :up:

not really. seeing as how a gosder cherilus would solve the problem just the same but yet we also get chris long.

and whats vernon carey? last i checked he only had given up 3.5 sacks on the year and had a 5.1 avg for running plays. i guess jake long is automatically better than:rolleyes:

He's a RT playing LT because we've never had one. VC wants to go home to RT where he'll be one of the best in the biz and it just so happens J.Long is available with our first pick. Don't worry we can draft a OLB to learn from JT and JP and once their gone he'll step right in as ready as anyone.

He's a RT playing LT because we've never had one. VC wants to go home to RT where he'll be one of the best in the biz and it just so happens J.Long is available with our first pick. Don't worry we can draft a OLB to learn from JT and JP and once their gone he'll step right in as ready as anyone.

he said he wouldnt mind playing RT again, however carey is no fool either. with his contract up, he will get more money being a good LT. drafting jake long doesnt solve the LT problems. he only solves the RT problems, but drafting a RT overall is a pretty dumb idea.

So you want to trade back into the first to get him?

Beat me to it. :hi5:

No way he's still availible at 32. Anyone who thinks we can pull down a OT in the second that will be anything close to Long is sadly mistaken.

or wait for him at 32. if he isnt there, anthony collins is fine at 57.

and if he isn't there T.Hills in the 4th, ohh but if he isn't there we can always get P.Sosa in the 6th, ohhh but if he isn't there we can always get C.Clark in the 7th, ohhh if he isn't there there's always the June 1st cuts, I'm sure there's plenty of good enoughs available.

he said he wouldnt mind playing RT again, however carey is no fool either. with his contract up, he will get more money being a good LT. drafting jake long doesnt solve the LT problems. he only solves the RT problems, but drafting a RT overall is a pretty dumb idea.

Have you seen what good OG's, C's, or RT's have been getting paid in FA. I think he'll get a big pay day no matter what.

and if he isn't there T.Hills in the 4th, ohh but if he isn't there we can always get P.Sosa in the 6th, ohhh but if he isn't there we can always get C.Clark in the 7th, ohhh if he isn't there there's always the June 1st cuts, I'm sure there's plenty of good enoughs available.

yep there are. anthony collins is fine, duane brown. but i guess they are all going to be drafted according to your logic and no OT will be there when we pick.

Beat me to it. :hi5:

No way he's still availible at 32. Anyone who thinks we can pull down a OT in the second that will be anything close to Long is sadly mistaken.

never said he would be close to long. doesnt have to be. he just needs to able to play RT well enough, which he does. he may not be the pro bowl RT long will be but he will do just fine.

yep there are. anthony collins is fine, duane brown. but i guess they are all going to be drafted according to your logic and no OT will be there when we pick.

No, the point was why wait for a hamburger when you can have a juicy steak right now?

I dont know about you, but I'm tired of pluging in a bunch of "hopefuls" on the line as a stopgap. We need solid bookend tackles on BOTH ends of the line.

Your basing your draft on hoping players will be there and when their not you will either have to reach for another player while passing up on BPA or you'll go BPA and we never get Oline help.
Your way is on a hope and a prayer, I know we can draft J.Long and I know we can draft BPA the rest of the way aswell.
I HOPE if we go C.Long it works out but I like to control my own destiny not be dictated by others.

Back
Top Bottom