Jake Long not interested in giving Fins a discount.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Long not interested in giving Fins a discount..

Jets or Eagles will overpay...Seriously, we´re on a different road, atleast that´s what I percieve. Hopefully we get ourselves a serviceable vet or 2, with one of our picks, and have a good enough O-Line that our NEW set of weapons will be able to thrive in...

Jets not in a position to "pay" for anyone. Exactly why they are trying to move Revis.

Can't blame him. NFL is a business.

Dude only has a few years left to make money off of football. In addition now with all the concusion talks and shorter life spans players are basically putting a price tag on his health.

Who on this board would take say $20 mill knowing they will only live to be say....65?

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Correction average NFL player life expectancy is 55 years.

Average male life expectacy in the United States today is 75 years.

Who here would take $20 million dollars to lose 20 years of life.

Your stat is so flawed, he is an OT, not a RB. Your health soley depends on your position, and Long is not worth what his ego says he is.

No where did it say anything about Jake not willing to negotiate. Pure Speculation. Certainly nothing worth bashing the guy over. I'm not saying we should sign him for big money I'm just saying lets not make up stuff that isn't there.

Yeaap, I never read anything that suggested Long wants more than he's worth. In fact, him and his wife said they want to stay in Miami if they are wanted. It sound like its not even an issue of money, but an issue of team need.

This guy already raped miami once. Lets not make the same mistake again. See ya!!!

Should have drafted Ryan.

Why stop there? Why not say we should have drafted Tom Brady or Aaron Rogers? Why not say we should have drafted every All-Pro we passed up on over the last 20 years? Seriously, get the **** over it.

Why stop there? Why not say we should have drafted Tom Brady or Aaron Rogers? Why not say we should have drafted every All-Pro we passed up on over the last 20 years? Seriously, get the **** over it.
Because the decision in 2008 was Ryan or Long, Not Long or Tom and not Long or Rogers. I will not get over it because it was one of the biggest decisions that set back our franchise.

I am happy we have Tanny now, but the truth is the truth. Matt Ryan was the right pick and Long wasnt. End of conversation.
Chubbs

much more important positions to fill than an aging, injured lt.

You dont need an a plus line to win in a west coast system. Find adequate players for the line elsewhere (not in the top round of the draft under any circumstances) and focus on skill positions.

Don't get me wrong. I like him and would love to see him stay...but we shoudn't overpay him on past production and the fact that he used to be one of the best linemen in football. He's just not anymore. We can get someone to do the same job just as well...with fewer injuries...for a third of what he wants. Same with Sean Smith. It's a no brainer. Why pay more for someone that's gonna do a worse job?

The more I read about FA and the high money needed for some of these guys the more I am convinced Miami won't nor shouldn't pay that much money. I would use the money and sign Clemons, both Keller and Finley, and maybe Jennings. Then draft 3 WR's, 1 DE, 2 OL, and BPA after that. Invest the next few years building through the draft.

I don't resent him for trying to get as much money as possible. I don't even resent him for wanting to play elsewhere-- it's not as if this is a premiere NFL franchise anymore, and there's no guarantee that it gets turned around soon. But I'm a Dolphins fan, not a Jake Long fan, so I'm also not sorry to see him go. Yet another wasted first rounder in a decade plus of wasted first rounders.

He certainly made more money than he was worth with his initial contract when you look at the last three years and all the injuries he's gone through. I would suspect PED's had something to do with this history. It's his right to go for the money, nothing says we have to overpay for services. Miami would be better suited drafting one of the premier tackles essentially paying less and getting some youth. My two cents

Your stat is so flawed, he is an OT, not a RB. Your health soley depends on your position, and Long is not worth what his ego says he is.

It's a general stat. One that cannot be disregarded. With all these injuries Jake Long or ANY player piles up, who is to say in 10-15 years he can bearly walk, or has to take a bucket of pain killers a day just to make it through?

The more and more research and time is spend on player safety and health the more not only players but general public become aware that these men are basically putting a price tag on health and life.

Looks like Jake Long and the Dolphins have come to an agreement.

Jake Long isn't interested in giving the Dolphins a discount.

And the Dolphins aren't interested in giving Jake Long a contract he'll never live up to over the course of two careers.

Move along, bum.

Back
Top Bottom