Jake Long not interested in giving Fins a discount.. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Long not interested in giving Fins a discount..

Can't blame him. NFL is a business.

Dude only has a few years left to make money off of football. In addition now with all the concusion talks and shorter life spans players are basically putting a price tag on his health.

Who on this board would take say $20 mill knowing they will only live to be say....65?

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Correction average NFL player life expectancy is 55 years.

Average male life expectacy in the United States today is 75 years.

Who here would take $20 million dollars to lose 20 years of life.

EXACTLY! I've said this many many times before, I will never hate on a guy for trying to maximize his salary, especially in a profession where you have such a small window to earn, and the fact that it damages you for the rest of your life whether its concusssions, knee problems, back, neck, etc etc etc.

That said, Jake just doesn't fit here anymore for the type of money somebody will end up paying him. Its just business, not sure why fans take these things so personally its kinda silly.

He needs to realize just how bad of a LT he really is and should accept a salary as such. Although TBH I do not want him back at any salary. Whats the difference if we pay him 10M or 5M, he still is not good and is injury prone. Im all for letting him walk.

Can't blame him. NFL is a business.

Dude only has a few years left to make money off of football. In addition now with all the concusion talks and shorter life spans players are basically putting a price tag on his health.

Who on this board would take say $20 mill knowing they will only live to be say....65?

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Correction average NFL player life expectancy is 55 years.

Average male life expectacy in the United States today is 75 years.

Who here would take $20 million dollars to lose 20 years of life.

I will gladly take 20 mil and die at 55 instead of 75.

I just turned 50 so that would be tough for me to agree too.

Probably depend alot on your current age.

Exactly! Because when you're young, 25 or 30 years seems like many lifetimes. It's precisely the reason why many NFL players don't give a damn. But they give a damn when they start getting older, trust me. By then, however, it's too late.

nice knowing you Jake oh well another Parcells pick of the team!

I will gladly take 20 mil and die at 55 instead of 75.

20 million to miss your kids turn into adults
20 million to miss your grandkids grow up
20 million to miss the world change
20 million to miss 20 years of the only life you have
20 million and the list goes on.

Probably find a lot more people on this planet willing to give most everything they have (financially) for those 20 years than you will find willing to sell them.

20 million to miss your kids turn into adults
20 million to miss your grandkids grow up
20 million to miss the world change
20 million to miss 20 years of the only life you have
20 million and the list goes on.

Probably find a lot more people on this planet willing to give most everything they have (financially) for those 20 years than you will find willing to sell them.
To some people money is more important then anything else and that is really sad.

Back
Top Bottom