Jake wont make us awesome... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake wont make us awesome...

Jake will be a solid if not LT for years.

Something this team will desperately need to protect Beck, McNown or whoever for years to come.

Who would you rather have Gosder IF he makes it that far or Jake protecting your QBs blind side

Jake will be a solid if not LT for years.

Something this team will desperately need to protect Beck, McNown or whoever for years to come.

Who would you rather have Gosder IF he makes it that far or Jake protecting your QBs blind side

Cherilus would play the RT spot while Carey held down the LT spot.

That and sportcenter. They see top plays and its like, WE NEED THAT GUY NOW!!!! Why I prefer staying in VIP most of the time.

I am reluctant to do VIP because I worry there will be more of the same in there. Are there really well reasoned and thoughtful discussions that challenge a person going on in VIP?

I don't want to get in there and see it is more of the same.

Cherilus would play the RT spot while Carey held down the LT spot.

If I remember right Parcells and Sparano (an ex line coach) moved him back to RT so that tells me that is where they think he is most effective playing.

You have one of the best Oline coaches in the game as your HC. I think if he says Jake can play LT I would trust him.

The Carrey move already tells me he thinks Vernon is a RT

Didnt it also take Peters a few years before he became an all pro LT?

Yeah it did but the point is a TE in college NEVER played the LT spot. It was a response to a guy saying isnt jake a converted RT.

He did play LT in college unlike Peters. I dont get why people do not think he will make a very good LT in this league. IMO he is batter than Carrey. I think your HC (ex OLINE coach and a very good one) thinks so too or they would not be talking contract with him

Just not enough people on these board that want to discuss prospect skill sets. Boomer and some others do, but people scare them off pretty quickly. Its all about name calling and media perception around here.

I haven't named called anyone...as you stated...I have my opinion based upon what I have seen...and the stats....and you have your opinion...not a problem.

No one is perfect...not Boomer...Not CK...and not me...and that also goes for players...even Pace gave up sacks in his career.

If I remember right Parcells and Sparano (an ex line coach) moved him back to RT so that tells me that is where they think he is most effective playing.

You have one of the best Oline coaches in the game as your HC. I think if he says Jake can play LT I would trust him.

Right now Carey is penciled in at LT.

I haven't named called anyone...as you stated...I have my opinion based upon what I have seen...and the stats....and you have your opinion...not a problem.

No one is perfect...not Boomer...Not CK...and not me...and that also goes for players...even Pace gave up sacks in his career.

Agreed.

Yeah it did but the point is a TE in college NEVER played the LT spot. It was a response to a guy saying isnt jake a converted RT.

He did play LT in college unlike Peters. I dont get why people do not think he will make a very good LT in this league. IMO he is batter than Carrey. I think your HC (ex OLINE coach and a very good one) thinks so too or they would not be talking contract with him

Its Jake Longs feet that are the problem. You cant coach a guy into having a better kick slide or foot agility. Thats the main difference between Long and Peters. Peters was athletic as hell. The guy has great feet. He just needed coaching on the technique aspect which he got from Mcnally who i love as an OL coach and turned into a pro bowl LT.

Actually V. Carey played R.G. mostly at Miami...he also played RT...but not LT.

and next year we may not have JT or Porter.....or BOTH

I'm not saying that these are the grades....I'm just throwing out a scenario:

Jake Long grades out as a 95
Chris Long grades out as a 98

TAKE CHRIS LONG! don't sacrafice talent because of a perceived need. team needs change year-to-year. Get the best player in the draft and there will be no regrets. ;)
no...their both 98....http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/index

i hate when people try to lie inorder to prove a point....

If we don't trade JT or JP where does Chris Long play? Can you imagine Long sitting the bench or coming in Part-time as the Number #1 pick? If we trade either JT or JP then we would have a position for him. He would be undersized 3-4 DE and isn't a Inside 3-4 LB or NT. I love Chris Long. He's a safe pick but Gholston is a possible superstar or bust. Right now we don't have a position for Chris Long or Gholston.

Back
Top Bottom