Jamar Taylor's Kidney Issue May Have Made Him Slip to #54 | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jamar Taylor's Kidney Issue May Have Made Him Slip to #54

Warner was the real deal. Slippery and tough. He came on the heels of Franco Harris' career, along with Lydell Mitchell, and would have deflected the subsequent doubts about Penn State running backs if he had remained healthy.

I'm not sure about Greg Cook. I remember that rookie year but I was very young. Kind of a Mark Fidrych situation. I want to believe the hype but not enough evidence.

Easley was a mega legend in college. Ronnie Lott was well known but nobody in Los Angeles compared him to Easley, well not until late during Lott's senior year. Even then, it was reluctant. Even Trojan fans had utmost respect for Easley. He was tough, rangy, instinctive and smart.

I was following the draft more closely in that era than before or since. When one of my favorites went to the wrong team, I was sick. As soon as O.J. Anderson was drafted by the St. Louis Cardinals in 1979, I knew he'd never fully live up to his potential fame, and same with Easley to Seattle.

BTW, in my earlier post I wasn't suggesting Jamar Taylor should leave football. Hardly. Make the kidney treatment an immediate priority, above football, and get multiple opinions. In my mom's case it always frustrated me that some doctors were so sparing with words. They'd say something, like a medical term, and we'd have to look it up to fill in the details.

I know exactly what you mean. Last year my mother was diagnosed with a rare and serious but treatable heart condition and it was a similar situation. You never know whether the doctor with no social skills is really the guy you need -- substance over style -- or just sort of an *******.

Thanks Nublar, I've been looking for some more info. As I said in my previous posts asprins/ibuprofen can cause kidney damage. I'm glad you found the link and it talks about how he used anti-inflammatories.. If he was ACE inhibitors for his high blood pressure he should have been warned to not use anti inflammatories!!
ACE inhibitors decrease the amount of blood your kidneys are getting and anti-inflammatories would decrease even further the amount of blood your kidneys are getting. We looked at a very similar case in class which is why I'm familiar with it. Like I said in my other post if you already have an issue with not getting enough blood to your kidneys like in renal artery stenosis you don't want to do anything that would further decrease the perfusion.. Taking ACE inhibitors and anti-inflammatories would result in this decreased perfusion.

Lastly I will say again that the initial blurb was misleading. If he is expected to improve he did not have damage to the irreparable parts of the kidneys. I suspect that the ACE inhibitors + anti-inflammatories caused some acute damage to his tubules either acute tubular necrosis or nephritis.

I think it's a few months for the kidneys to repair but yeah, nothing to worry about guys if it is one of those. I'm sure he will be in great hands and as we said earlier 42% efficiency may sound bad but it's not a huge issue as long as it doesn't keep deteriorating. When I first read the blurb I thought it was a lot worse. Freaking rotoworld.

Awsi, sorry about your mom :(

For what it's worth, I agree and couldn't have explained it better myself. I'm sure we'll hear about this again when his contract nears expiration.

We don't know very much about Jamar's condition this could be a classic over reaction by pasionate fans -> my son has a form of kidney disease called Nephrotic Syndrome or minimal change disease and today he lives a very normal life he even plays football -> perhaps Jamar has this same disease and the Drs can clear it up -> minus the current scarring -> he could be as good as new

The drug Fosinpril did wonders for my son, and is used for folks with high blood pressure and it just happens to do wonders for folks with Nephrotic Syndrome -> perhaps Jamar's DRs now realizing the kidney issue will put him onto something like this

Lets just hope he dosent have issues with going to the bathroom during practice like Vontae.

Back
Top Bottom