James out Long Term! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

James out Long Term!

I think I’d rather choose a safer vocation, such as a cop in Jaurez, than be a Dolphins QB. Better life expectancy.

Cutler is thinking he shoulda got 20 mil now.

Young sucks. Davis? we'll see but he's coming off his worst game this year and now moving to RT? But I'd rather play him there than Young at this point. Our season is over anyway. Everything started by the bad decision to not have Tannehill do the surgery last year right after he got hurt and it has gone downhill ever since. James has been up and down so I'm sure we can find a cheaper guy to be up and down at RT. The bigger problem is our LT is not playing well and our HC thinks we have a great Center which has me wondering about Gase but hey, another one of those 7-9 or 6-10 season for us. What else is new?

Ozzy rules!!

Yea he was just coming around on the scheme. If its not the foot as Hoops mention resign the guy until we get some depth on this OL. This hoping some future draft might work out is chasing fools gold.

This has to be more than just bad luck, maybe the Phins need to look at their offseason program. This many injuries.....come on.

color me not surprised I bet he has a broken foot

if it's lis franc
then I would rescind the option

of course if we do we just add to the needs list which now has lead running back on it

For James' sake I hope not. I've had that injury. It's very painful, and a long recovery. Mine was mild compared to many, and I was on crutches for 4 months, in a walking boot for 6 months.

It sucks, just more bad luck. This season has just been a huge kick in the balls. Guess as Dolphins fans we should come to expect this by now. Looks like RT has to be added to the laundry list of "fixes" needed going into next season. Will Gase,Tannenbaum/Grier finally see that fixing the offensive line needs to priority #1?

The Dolphins took the 5th year option. As far as I know that guarantees his salary if injured and can't play next year.

Young sucks. Davis? we'll see but he's coming off his worst game this year and now moving to RT? But I'd rather play him there than Young at this point. Our season is over anyway. Everything started by the bad decision to not have Tannehill do the surgery last year right after he got hurt and it has gone downhill ever since. James has been up and down so I'm sure we can find a cheaper guy to be up and down at RT. The bigger problem is our LT is not playing well and our HC thinks we have a great Center which has me wondering about Gase but hey, another one of those 7-9 or 6-10 season for us. What else is new?

Ozzy rules!!
Young is fine...he just needs to get in the weight room. Davis looks like a potential hall of famer when Gase reviews the tape...Gase definitely likes what he sees there. Pouncey has another 5 - 10 years left in him...most consistently good O-lineman we have. Bushrod was one of Gase's best free agent signings...he looks really good on tape when Gase views him. Larsen played for Gase in Chicago so he's a top 5 OG in the league. This O-line is set. Tunsil will come around...when Gase reviews the tape he likes some of the things Tunsil is doing. Gase is actually surprised more people aren't talking about how good this O-line is playing this season.

Young is fine...he just needs to get in the weight room. Davis looks like a potential hall of famer when Gase reviews the tape...Gase definitely likes what he sees there. Pouncey has another 5 - 10 years left in him...most consistently good O-lineman we have. Bushrod was one of Gase's best free agent signings...he looks really good on tape when Gase views him. Larsen played for Gase in Chicago so he's a top 5 OG in the league. This O-line is set. Tunsil will come around...when Gase reviews the tape he likes some of the things Tunsil is doing. Gase is actually surprised more people aren't talking about how good this O-line is playing this season.
lol.....you had me going at first but then I saw what you were doing. I agree, if the way our HC sees the O-line was the way it really was then we'd have the greatest O-line ever

Ozzy rules!!

Assuming we can rescind the 5th year option on James.....

Can we get a compensatory pick for him?

Assuming we can rescind the 5th year option on James.....

Can we get a compensatory pick for him?

In what way?

If a team signs him to a decent deal and we don't have free agents signings that match or exceed the contract he potentially would get.

Doubtful that 1. He signs a deal that big and 2. We would stand pat in FA.

This is an odd one. There are still some who seem to think he's nursing a hammy injury and some groin. We have to be the most secretive team with injuries. How does James show up on the report? I haven't seen one yet.

If he comes back healthy this season, I would like to see if he can make it for one game at LT. If we're going to be paying him 9+mil/yr he needs to be able to play LT. No way do RTs make that type of money.

Back
Top Bottom