Jared Odrick to hit trade block? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jared Odrick to hit trade block?

at best Odrick is worth a 3rd rounder any year at this point.

ODRICK seems to have all of the "tools" to play DT. He strikes me as someone who could be in the style of STARKS. So why not try him i/s as back-up to STARKS, and occasionally (true passing situations) WITH STARKS? SOLIAI and RANDALL give us 2 BIG DTs. McDANIEL's the "wild card": pencil him in to do ANYTHING you want him to do. That's what he seems best at. I have NO PROBLEM AT ALL w/5 DTs, one of whom (ODRICK) can reasonably play DE. That leaves 3 roster spots for a true pass-rushing DE. One's already here: WAKE. But we need 2 more. THAT is what MIAMI should be looking to get done. Do that, and the entire "D" becomes a monster, waiting to devour anyone/everyone.

Don't create weaknesses/potential weaknesses out of either frustration or lack of insight. ODRICK should be MIAMI's "last resort" as a pass-rushing DE, and in my above scheme, he WOULD BE, and would mainly be playing where he'd likely be best-suited, and do the most damage to opponents.

Geez - another first round pick we are willing to trade so soon in their career? I think the guy is decent but I don't know that we'd even get a 2nd rounder for him.

DTs typically blossom later than most positions. Starks didn't have his first big year (2009) and he was 25-26 that season.

I'd hold on to Odrick. He has great physical ability and will get better. If that means letting Randy walk, that's fine.

This years draft is deep at DT and Ireland has shown he can find DTs via trade or Free Agency.

Why trade someone when we wont get someone better this season to start in his place? He is a good player and, like many said, would fit nicely inside if Starks (FA) does not return. Dline was a strength for us for many years, why waste it by trading him making another hole?

Mcdanials is a FA also if im not mistaken.

I understand why people are saying stop trading #1s for 2nd rounders, I feel the same. However, if they do not believe that he will flourish in this system, and if this is the best value we're going to get for him, I don't see why we shouldn't deal him. Let's be real, another year or two when he doesn't improve, and you're looking at a pick that isn't so high.

Odrick isn't being traded and he shouldn't be. He is a good, not great player so far and I think he will be kicked inside to DT if Starks walks in free agency. Odrick will be a better fit there.
if we do loose starks im not sure Odrick can play inside as good as Starks.
Nubs please explain why you think he would be a better fit inside.i respect your posts and knowledge of the sport.this is not a slam on you just my way of trying to understand how Odrick would be a better fit inside than he is on the end:hump:

sincerley thanks

if we do loose starks im not sure Odrick can play inside as good as Starks.
Nubs please explain why you think he would be a better fit inside.i respect your posts and knowledge of the sport.this is not a slam on you just my way of trying to understand how Odrick would be a better fit inside than he is on the end:hump:

sincerley thanks
I have watched his career from the Lebanon Cedars, to Penn State and now to the Dolphins. He has played a lot as a 4-3 defensive tackle and had a lot of success. It made sense to make him a defensive end in the 3-4, but in the 4-3 defensive tackle might be the better fit for him here in the pros. He has a lot of prior experience and success in that role.

I don't know if he will be better than Starks in that role, but Starks might not be here next year. If he leaves in free agency it is another reason why Odrick won't be traded.

I have watched his career from the Lebanon Cedars, to Penn State and now to the Dolphins. He has played a lot as a 4-3 defensive tackle and had a lot of success. It made sense to make him a defensive end in the 3-4, but in the 4-3 defensive tackle might be the better fit for him here in the pros. He has a lot of prior experience and success in that role.

I agree he seems to be made to actually be a 4-3 tackle and trading him for at best a 3rd is not smart value. Doesnt mean our idiot of a gm wont do it though

Keep Odrick, and let go of Randy. We'll save so much money to spend on other resources besides its not like Odrick is incapable to play DT, he can actually be a star as a 4-3 DT.

Keep Odrick, and let go of Randy. We'll save so much money to spend on other resources besides its not like Odrick is incapable to play DT, he can actually be a star as a 4-3 DT.
I respectfully disagree. Resign Randy, and Tony McDaniel and shop Odrick for the best pick. I am not excited about Odrick as others are.

I respectfully disagree. Resign Randy, and Tony McDaniel and shop Odrick for the best pick. I am not excited about Odrick as others are.
Idk I just wouldn't like us to give up on him so easily after showing a lot of promise this year add that plus the fact Randy is going to demand quite a large contract I'd feel safe about sliding Odrick inside.

Im not suoer excited but trading him for a 3rd or 4th rounder is not a very exciting prospect either and he is cheaper than McDanial will be and more talented. Not sure why we have to trade odrick we have players wasting much more money than him

Im not suoer excited but trading him for a 3rd or 4th rounder is not a very exciting prospect either and he is cheaper than McDanial will be and more talented. Not sure why we have to trade odrick we have players wasting much more money than him
If you recall McDaniel player hurt all year. I would take the pick and put it to great use in this years draft.

Back
Top Bottom