Jared Odrick to hit trade block? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jared Odrick to hit trade block?

If you recall McDaniel player hurt all year. I would take the pick and put it to great use in this years draft.

odds are u get a l;esser player with a 3rd or 4th round draft pick. I mean look at the Vontae pick, what are the odds we get a player of Davis's caliber at that pick, not all that great really.
I think the 3 million that u would give McDanial are much more valuable to our team than a possible 4th round pick

odds are u get a l;esser player with a 3rd or 4th round draft pick. I mean look at the Vontae pick, what are the odds we get a player of Davis's caliber at that pick, not all that great really.
I think the 3 million that u would give McDanial are much more valuable to our team than a possible 4th round pick
Totally disagree.

Totally disagree.

of course u do lol. Odrick had 35 tackles and 5 sacks last year. thats better than any season Mcdaial has ever had and at a lower price. Not to mention Mcdanial is not a good character guy so why not let him leave. he has had one solid season with the phins and he is quite overpaid for that. Odrick although not worthy of our first rounder is still a talented player that should only get better. Trading him for the next clyde gates is not exactly a win win

of course u do lol. Odrick had 35 tackles and 5 sacks last year. thats better than any season Mcdaial has ever had and at a lower price. Not to mention Mcdanial is not a good character guy so why not let him leave. he has had one solid season with the phins and he is quite overpaid for that. Odrick although not worthy of our first rounder is still a talented player that should only get better. Trading him for the next clyde gates is not exactly a win win

On Saturday, February 6, 2010 McDaniel was arrested on the charge of domestic battery against his girlfriend which allegedly occurred in the driveway of his Broward County Florida residence. He was released on bond the following day.[SUP][2][/SUP] McDaniel was the first of two defensive lineman for the Miami Dolphins, Phillip Merling being the second, to be arrested and charged with battery against a female during the 2010 offseason.[SUP][3][/SUP]
The charges were later reduced to disorderly contact, a misdemeanor. He pled no contest, was sentenced to six months probation, and was required to attend counseling.[SUP][4][/SUP] After pleading no contest, the NFL suspended McDaniel one game, without pay, for violating the league's personal conduct policy.[SUP][5][/SUP][SUP][6]

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/28/3205362/miami-dolphins-players-give-tony.html

[/SUP]
Miami Dolphins players give Tony McDaniel courage award

I think this is assuming a little, dlockz. First, we will know by what happens to Starks, "first". So if they re-sign Starks that isn't just a tell tell sign of the way the staff is viewing this thing...but we are assuming that the rumblings means we are planning on trading Odrick for a "pick". If they re-sign Starks, they could be dangling Odrick on "draft day" as part of a package with say our 42nd pick to move "up" for a player they don't believe will make it there. Or part of a package of a 2nd, a 4th, and Odrick for a late 1st round pick and a 4th pick back or something of that nature. Don't just assume it means we are going to move him for a mere 3rd round pick or so, but more as part of a "move up" trade on "draft day" for say a sliding Patterson, Hopkins, Banks, Wheaton, etc.

On Saturday, February 6, 2010 McDaniel was arrested on the charge of domestic battery against his girlfriend which allegedly occurred in the driveway of his Broward County Florida residence. He was released on bond the following day.[SUP][2][/SUP] McDaniel was the first of two defensive lineman for the Miami Dolphins, Phillip Merling being the second, to be arrested and charged with battery against a female during the 2010 offseason.[SUP][3][/SUP]
The charges were later reduced to disorderly contact, a misdemeanor. He pled no contest, was sentenced to six months probation, and was required to attend counseling.[SUP][4][/SUP] After pleading no contest, the NFL suspended McDaniel one game, without pay, for violating the league's personal conduct policy.[SUP][5][/SUP][SUP][6]

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/28/3205362/miami-dolphins-players-give-tony.html

[/SUP]
Miami Dolphins players give Tony McDaniel courage award

Charges are pled down all the time and lets not forget his assault on a fellow student while in college but yea sure he is a great guy besides that lol.
Funny how other players are bad character guys but our own are always cream of crop. Just because his teammates like him doesnt make him a high character guy. Chad Johnson was well liked also.

I think this is assuming a little, dlockz. First, we will know by what happens to Starks, "first". So if they re-sign Starks that isn't just a tell tell sign of the way the staff is viewing this thing...but we are assuming that the rumblings means we are planning on trading Odrick for a "pick". If they re-sign Starks, they could be dangling Odrick on "draft day" as part of a package with say our 42nd pick to move "up" for a player they don't believe will make it there. Or part of a package of a 2nd, a 4th, and Odrick for a late 1st round pick and a 4th pick back or something of that nature. Don't just assume it means we are going to move him for a mere 3rd round pick or so, but more as part of a "move up" trade on "draft day" for say a sliding Patterson, Hopkins, Banks, Wheaton, etc.

Odrick wont offer much to trade up but has good potential with us. Havent been a big fan of any of our recent trade ups to get players so not sure ireland will do any better this year

I really don't see why anyone would want to trade a DT who has had 6 and then 5 sacks in the last two years. That's not bad production. It's as good as Starks. I don't love him at DE and would actually love to move him inside and use the money from Starks contract unless he's willing to take about 6 mil/yr and sign a real DE and let Odrick lay inside next to Solai. I'm not against keeping all three but to trade nice player for a 2nd seems like a reach or desperation. If Coyle can't figure out how to usea guy like Odrick I'm going to start questioning him as. Coach.

DTs tend to get better as they age (see Randy Starks, Paul Soliai). And are people forgetting that Odrick was a monster DT at Penn State??

Odrick might not be a perfect fit for Coyle's scheme but he's more than serviceable. I'm guessing he has kept his weight down to play DE but if he adds 10-20 lbs with his natural strength and ability to penetrate...I see him thriving.

But for a 2nd this year? Resign Starks and lets keep the momentum rolling

Back
Top Bottom