Jarvis Landry says goodbye, thank you to South Florida in Dolphins exit | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis Landry says goodbye, thank you to South Florida in Dolphins exit

He didn't mention Gase? He also didn't mention us up here in Kissimmee.....lol

Ozzy rules!!

I'm not blaming the dolphins. People are just mad that their favorite player is gone. I'm not.
Not saying you brother, not at all. But think about this, if we didn't trick him into signing, and no other team would meet his salary demands, what was the point of all this? What was Landry trying to do? Why not take the long term deal here that was apparently being offered to him? Was he being given bad advise?

Not saying you brother, not at all. But think about this, if we didn't trick him into signing, and no other team would meet his salary demands, what was the point of all this? What was Landry trying to do? Why not take the long term deal here that was apparently being offered to him? Was he being given bad advise?

I think he was given real bad advice from his agent

i liked Landry, just didn't think he was worth 16 mill... i wish him well
Although too much, I would have been okay paying him that, but as he reflects on Gase and Gase's own success or failure, it really should be the HC's prerogative on who stays or goes. Also, wanting $50mil guaranteed, if true, would have been a deal-breaker for me too.

Yeah, because Gase was such an a$$ for asking the players to know their playbook. Reminds me of a coworker who said to me that for the $9 an hour the company was paying her, she would show up, but she wasn’t going to do anything. We don’t need selfish players who demand a certain amount of catches or they will be difficult. We need team players who are more interested in team wins than individual stats that may boost their salary demands. 50 million guaranteed? Yeah, right.
I don't buy it at all. I think him not knowing the playbook is complete non sense. Landry is the most competitive guy I've ever seen. No way he would deliberately hurt his game and team but not knowing the play book. And if he didn't why didn't gase do his job and coach! Or if all else fails bench the guy for a game. If true he would have learned everything in 1 week. Come on he did it will AJ. This mess in the clubhouse start with gase. He is not a players coach. He demands all bend to his whim. Let's see if it works. Reminds me a lot of Chip Kelly but I hope I'm wrong. To Landry, you will be missed and I wish you nothing but success!!

Did the dolphins trick landry or did he outsmart himself by signing the Franchise tag? Once he did that, power reverted back to the Dolphins who promptly traded him. Just asking.

There are no tricks. Jarvis could not negotiate with other teams until the Dolphins rescinded the tag. He signed the tag to ensure he would at minimum get a 15.9 million dollar guarantee in 2018. Miami was likely going to rescind the tag had he not signed but probably would of done so at 3:59 pm after teams had a 2 day start on other guys. Now he can work out an extension or play on the tag in Cleveland and re enter free agency next year. Miami put the guy through a song and dance like they do all of their draft picks and they have yet to learn a lesson in bad cap planning as they continue to restructure and sign guys with backloaded contracts.

But once he signed that contract, he had no say on where he went, reports are he did not want to go to the Browns. Wouldn't it have been smarter for him to speak to the Dolphins let them work out a trade and then sign the contract to a team he wanted to go to instead of signing beforehand giving up his leverage.

Dolphins gone Dolphin . . Miami continues to do what they shouldn’t and restructure contracts to enhance their ability to half ass free agency, just to cut guys in a year or two and totally negate the cap rises.

So then why the **** are he Dolphins being blamed? Why not take the 13mill a year and sign here?

Dolphins are blamed because they have a shitty cap situation and could not even hold a franchise tag number to properly negotiate a contract extension.

The point is Miami was 20 million over the cap and are taking on dead cap worse than the Titanic took on water. They give two craps about foresight or draft picks and rather spend all their restructured cap on lesser free agents and their productive guys come off as too expensive because they have money tied in lesser guys.

So what if Landry wanted 50 million guaranteed . . . .how about tagging him and negotiating a contract like most teams do. Not this one, lets spend that similar AAV on TWO receivers just because they will only cost us $4 million on the cap on March 15th, instead of 16 million.

It is idiotic and Tannenbaum and crew have not learned a damn thing from the Suh fiasco.

I don't buy it at all. I think him not knowing the playbook is complete non sense. Landry is the most competitive guy I've ever seen. No way he would deliberately hurt his game and team but not knowing the play book. And if he didn't why didn't gase do his job and coach! Or if all else fails bench the guy for a game. If true he would have learned everything in 1 week. Come on he did it will AJ. This mess in the clubhouse start with gase. He is not a players coach. He demands all bend to his whim. Let's see if it works. Reminds me a lot of Chip Kelly but I hope I'm wrong. To Landry, you will be missed and I wish you nothing but success!!

Its is a load of crap to deflect blame from the coach. Guy caught 110 balls and 9 touchdowns while not knowing the playbook LOL.

What does that say about the other players, some who made more than 10 times the amount that Jarvis made last year.

Whatever

My bottom line is: if you're a corporate manager and your job success or failure - and even your stability largely is measured on the basis of your subordinates performing their responsibilities up to your standards and fulfilling your strategic vision, whether you're right or wrong, it should be your prerogative who works under you as your job status and future credibility in your industry depends on that. And if top management does not grant you the right to dismiss staff that's holding you down, you sure would resent that, wouldn't you?

So whether you agree or not with Gase's vision and management style, it is his prerogative to sink or swim by doing things his way, amirite?

Its is a load of crap to deflect blame from the coach. Guy caught 110 balls and 9 touchdowns while not knowing the playbook LOL.

What does that say about the other players, some who made more than 10 times the amount that Jarvis made last year.

Whatever
Yup, I'm not sure where all the loyalty for Gase comes from for most posters. He hasn't proved anything yet. At this point I believe he is hurting this team more than helping. His love of the bubble screen alone drives me crazy.

The nonsense narratives that naive homer fans will buy from coaches is so hilarious. So damn naive lmao. "Landry didn't know the playbook" LMAO.

How do you "Not know the playbook" and manage damn near 100 receptions every year?

My bottom line is: if you're a corporate manager and your job success or failure - and even your stability largely is measured on the basis of your subordinates performing their responsibilities up to your standards and fulfilling your strategic vision, whether you're right or wrong, it should be your prerogative who works under you as your job status and future credibility in your industry depends on that. And if top management does not grant you the right to dismiss staff that's holding you down, you sure would resent that, wouldn't you?

So whether you agree or not with Gase's vision and management style, it is his prerogative to sink or swim by doing things his way,
Gase job is to coach. I would ask is your argument that Landry is uncoachable. Is AJ uncoachable? I see your argument but don't think it applies in sports. Gase is a coach. His job is to teach his play book. Why is he putting anyone on the field who doesn't know it. If he is he should be fired immediately. There is a massive difference between a $9 an hour lackey and a professional NFL football pro baller!

Gase job is to coach. I would ask is your argument that Landry is uncoachable. Is AJ uncoachable? I see your argument but don't think it applies in sports. Gase is a coach. His job is to teach his play book. Why is he putting anyone on the field who doesn't know it. If he is he should be fired immediately. There is a massive difference between a $9 an hour lackey and a professional NFL football pro baller!
But CEOs get fired because their Boards of Directors are unhappy with their visions of strategic development and bottom line losses. We're not necessarily talking about "lackeys." LOL

Again, if your job and reputation going forward depended on subordinates executing your vision, don't you have the right to replace them? Why would you have a malcontented employee who doesn't follow corporate guidelines executing your strategic plan just because he's long tenured or the boss's friend's nephew? Your job status and reputation are at stake. Agree or disagree, it's Gase's prerogative to sink or swim based on his decision of who best represents his visions.

But CEOs get fired because their Boards of Directors are unhappy with their visions of strategic development and bottom line losses. We're not necessarily talking about "lackeys." LOL

Again, if your job and reputation going forward depended on subordinates executing your vision, don't you have the right to replace them? Why would you have a malcontented employee who doesn't follow corporate guidelines executing your strategic plan just because he's long tenured or the boss's friend's nephew? Your job status and reputation are at stake. Agree or disagree, it's Gase's prerogative to sink or swim based on his decision of who best represents his visions.
I feel your argument is all over the place. First I will give you there is a business side of the game. But how the players play on the field I don't agree relates to corporate structuring. That aside, I also don't think it should be up to a single person if a team sinks or swims. Especially being a season ticket holder. There are all different personalities on a team. You will never have 53 of the same guy. That is where coaching comes in. Gase didn't need to trade Landry, how about coach him. Now if Landry sucked, okay get someone new. But come on. Landry is one of the best talents to ever wear a Fins jersey. Learn (coach) to swim with him!

Man enough.

This is football. You need talent to win in professional sports. Period. You're going against the top 1 percent every Sunday.

Part of a being a head coach is managing people. If you can't manage the personalities of your most talented individual's who have different personalities, you're going to fail in this sport. One way or another.

Ajayi challenged Gase? Gone.

Landry Challenged Gase? Gone.

Suh Challenged Gase? Gone.

Yeah, I'm sure this strategy is going to go over REAL well long term.

Gase can run the best system in the world, but if he's going to run off any talented player who dares to challenge him in any capacity? He's going to fail. And fail hard.

You're not going to have 52 Choir boys in an NFL locker-room. It's not going to happen.

You're going to come across some alpha dog personalities, and you're going to have to finesse your way in keeping those guys engaged, because they are talented. That's what being a head coach is.

Coaches who are not as capable of managing people are called coordinators. And if Adam Gase doesn't shape up, that's what he's going to go back to being. Just like Mr. Philbin.

Man enough.

This is football. You need talent to win in professional sports. Period. You're going against the top 1 percent every Sunday.

Part of a being a head coach is managing people. If you can't manage the personalities of your most talented individual's who have different personalities, you're going to fail in this sport. One way or another.

Ajayi challenged Gase? Gone.

Landry Challenged Gase? Gone.

Suh Challenged Gase? Gone.

Yeah, I'm sure this strategy is going to go over REAL well long term.

Gase can run the best system in the world, but if he's going to run off any talented player who dares to challenge him in any capacity? He's going to fail. And fail hard.

You're not going to have 52 Choir boys in an NFL locker-room. It's not going to happen.

You're going to come across some alpha dog personalities, and you're going to have to finesse your way in keeping those guys engaged, because they are talented. That's what being a head coach is.

Coaches who are not as capable of managing people are called coordinators. And if Adam Gase doesn't shape up, that's what he's going to go back to being. Just like Mr. Philbin.
All three gone and we are better for it.

Suh took plays off too hence very little movement on him signing elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom