Jarvis Landry says goodbye, thank you to South Florida in Dolphins exit | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis Landry says goodbye, thank you to South Florida in Dolphins exit

All three gone and we are better for it.

Suh took plays off too hence very little movement on him signing elsewhere.

Yeah, I'm SURE we're better off with this guy. Lol.

DTRlP7HVwAADBGW.jpg

DYQUSsnWAAERcmY.jpg:large

I feel your argument is all over the place. First I will give you there is a business side of the game. But how the players play on the field I don't agree relates to corporate structuring. That aside, I also don't think it should be up to a single person if a team sinks or swims. Especially being a season ticket holder. There are all different personalities on a team. You will never have 53 of the same guy. That is where coaching comes in. Gase didn't need to trade Landry, how about coach him. Now if Landry sucked, okay get someone new. But come on. Landry is one of the best talents to ever wear a Fins jersey. Learn (coach) to swim with him!

In 2016, by turning around a team by 8 games, making the playoffs and having his QB become a winning one with a statistical streak over his last 8 games that was top 10-level, Gase developed sufficient "capital" with ownership to do it his way. Last season was bad, but the QB who was balling when he got injured cannot be held against him. Hiring his replacement can however, and some of that "capital" has been reduced but not eliminated.

So again, Gase has shown that his way works when his "organization" is firing on all cylinders. And yes, part of his responsibility is the manage/get the best out of his underlings. And it worked for awhile with Ajayi before Jay's natural selfish tendencies resurfaced. Apparently it worked with Landry in '16, but failed last season if in fact Landry didn't study the playbook and ran undesignated routes.

I've worked with F500 companies and their key managers for many years. I've seen managers sabotaged by their renegade employees, sometimes to the long term detriment of their careers. Once more, if Gase 's job security and reputation are linked to how his subordinates perform, he emphatically requires the latitude to do things his way. What he demonstrated with the team and Tannehill in 2016 earned him that. Or else he's just a figurehead.

I think 3 months ago if Landry wrote a list of best case scenerios for where he'd wind up in 2018, playing in NFL siberia on a one year deal would be at the bottom of his list, just after ending up in a Thai prison on drug trafficking charges. Well played jarvis

All three gone and we are better for it.

Suh took plays off too hence very little movement on him signing elsewhere.

Come on man, just stop it.

Suh is not some first contract guy that is hurting for a payday. He can take his time and find a good fit and team to help him find professional success.

If it makes you feel better to point out the times he didn’t go 100 while playing more snaps than the rest of the DLine and consistently doubled . . . Then good for you . . . . but the notion that Suh’s phantom “lack of effort” has something to do with him not being signed yet is a level of homerism that is even beneath you.

Come on man, just stop it.

Suh is not some first contract guy that is hurting for a payday. He can take his time and find a good fit and team to help him find professional success.

If it makes you feel better to point out the times he didn’t go 100 while playing more snaps than the rest of the DLine and consistently doubled . . . Then good for you . . . . but the notion that Suh’s phantom “lack of effort” has something to do with him not being signed yet is a level of homerism that is even beneath you.
I wanted Suh to stay but multiple reports of him taking off plays and free lancing soured me on him and his salary. Nothing to do with homerism but if that's your argument to insult run with it.

I wanted Suh to stay but multiple reports of him taking off plays and free lancing soured me on him and his salary. Nothing to do with homerism but if that's your argument to insult run with it.

Multiple reports? Did you not watch the games?

Do you watch every game in the NFL to know what players take plays off on the DLine?

Absolutely no context yet you choose that as your narrative to help support a move that was predicated on poor cap management by the front office.

LOL, you can take it as an insult but you should be taking it as a reality check to how this team is being run.

In 2016, by turning around a team by 8 games, making the playoffs and having his QB become a winning one with a statistical streak over his last 8 games that was top 10-level, Gase developed sufficient "capital" with ownership to do it his way. Last season was bad, but the QB who was balling when he got injured cannot be held against him. Hiring his replacement can however, and some of that "capital" has been reduced but not eliminated.

So again, Gase has shown that his way works when his "organization" is firing on all cylinders. And yes, part of his responsibility is the manage/get the best out of his underlings. And it worked for awhile with Ajayi before Jay's natural selfish tendencies resurfaced. Apparently it worked with Landry in '16, but failed last season if in fact Landry didn't study the playbook and ran undesignated routes.

I've worked with F500 companies and their key managers for many years. I've seen managers sabotaged by their renegade employees, sometimes to the long term detriment of their careers. Once more, if Gase 's job security and reputation are linked to how his subordinates perform, he emphatically requires the latitude to do things his way. What he demonstrated with the team and Tannehill in 2016 earned him that. Or else he's just a figurehead.
I hear you Vaark but just done agree with you on this one. That's okay. I worked for a F500 company for 20+ years at a very high level. I guess where I differ on my take is I was able to turn those poison pill employees around. Always got the best out of my people. And I always prides myself on being able to do that when others couldn't. I guess that's what I'm looking for out of Gase. My bottom line is he is the coach. Not the cfo, not the CEO not even the gm. He is the coach. Go out and coach. I keep going back to why is he putting players on the field that don't know the playbook?? I also don't give him any type of pass because the team he inherited went 10-6. It wasn't his team yet. We are now going to see his team. Will he go 10+ wins again. Well I hope I'm wrong and he does. I am a Fins fan for life. But deep down my tummy rumbles...

I love Juice but he didn't want to be a Dolphin, he wanted to get paid.

Wish him luck in Cleveland. Hope he gets the money he wants, or else he might be looking for another team in 2019.

I hear you Vaark but just done agree with you on this one. That's okay. I worked for a F500 company for 20+ years at a very high level. I guess where I differ on my take is I was able to turn those poison pill employees around. Always got the best out of my people. And I always prides myself on being able to do that when others couldn't. I guess that's what I'm looking for out of Gase. My bottom line is he is the coach. Not the cfo, not the CEO not even the gm. He is the coach. Go out and coach. I keep going back to why is he putting players on the field that don't know the playbook?? I also don't give him any type of pass because the team he inherited went 10-6. It wasn't his team yet. We are now going to see his team. Will he go 10+ wins again. Well I hope I'm wrong and he does. I am a Fins fan for life. But deep down my tummy rumbles...
I respect your perspective and won't belabor the point beyond declaring that in the hierarchy of the NFL, Gase may be titled "head coach" but he's the equivalent of running field operations and everything that entails. And that e.g., would be akin to say a McDonalds VP of North American Field Operations having his zone managers (coordinators) reporting to him. As such, he is given quantifiable operational and profitability objectives he is measured on by his ability to deliver them. Gase is no different.

Oh, and as far as inheriting someone else's team and players, the 8 game turnaround does in fact matter and buy him capital considering his predecessor had done little with the same or similar resources and assets.

Beyond that, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

So then why the **** are he Dolphins being blamed? Why not take the 13mill a year and sign here?

Whoa whoa...hang on, Landry has an agent people. They’re paid to manage leverage. Once a player is given the OK to seek a trade, their agent talks to teams about compensation for both the team as well as the player. Browns had to give the best combination of giving Miami what they want as well as Landry’s contract demands.

See you later buddy. Good luck gettin that $15M a year with $50M GTD and good luck to the people paying it.

I'll love Jarvis Landry forever, and I was pissed when we decided not to continue negotiations with him. Now, I understand the direction they went with better with Wilson and Amendola coming in and other roster moves. I wish Juice all the best though.... Keep setting records.

My bottom line is: if you're a corporate manager and your job success or failure - and even your stability largely is measured on the basis of your subordinates performing their responsibilities up to your standards and fulfilling your strategic vision, whether you're right or wrong, it should be your prerogative who works under you as your job status and future credibility in your industry depends on that. And if top management does not grant you the right to dismiss staff that's holding you down, you sure would resent that, wouldn't you?

So whether you agree or not with Gase's vision and management style, it is his prerogative to sink or swim by doing things his way, amirite?

All good with his new narrative, just wish he did it 2 years ago. Even last year. Sounds like his intent was in the right place, but setting expectations and holding players accountable was his weakness. Probably still have Landry if Gase took this stance a year ago.

Bless you Landry... This really hurts seeing him leave. :cry:cry:cry
I guess he was too emotional for robo Gase...

Gase's frustrations ran deep with Landry not knowing and executing his job properly and boiled over at the end of the year. Landry not thanking Gase shows his immaturity.

We have moved on to smarter receivers who will know their assignments and do what they are asked to do.

Why would Landry thank?He didn't owe Gase ****.

Back
Top Bottom