Jarvis Landry says he wants to play for Dolphins next season, but | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis Landry says he wants to play for Dolphins next season, but

The guy breaks a record, scores a TD, gets into a scrap, and gets ejected.

All in the same play.

That’s epic. Gotta be a first.

If he stays, find a way to ease down on the penalties while keeping the intensity at full throttle.

I like Landry, love the production. Love the fire.

After 20 years of blah preceded by 20 pretty damn good years, (and another six that were awesome but I was a tetch too young for), I’ll take the intensity.

Landry and the Bills do have a history, you know. This should have surprised no one.

I say do all we can to keep Landry but obviosuly do not over spend if possible.

When I watch this team I always think of how there is a real lack of spark on the team. I watch other teams in the league that play hard every game, every play. I often watch old fins games from the 80's and 90's and all the teams played with fire in their belly - this current team does not, the Patriots game being the exception to the rule.

As crazy as it sounds, i think the franchise tag is a legit option here if they cannot work out something before FA.

And then they get a deal worked out that keeps him in Miami long term.

While the tag may look like a big number for one year . . . Miami doesn't necessarily look at it like that.

They know they got him 4 years, 3 million and the tag still wouldn't push that AAV above 4 million after 5 years.

No brainer option if our cap situation was a bit better but still doable. But ultimately I see him and Juwan James back on long term deals.

There is something about the way he plays football that would take away from the team if he was not on it. No metrics, no explanation . . . You have to know it and I think ultimately Miami will.

As crazy as it sounds, i think the franchise tag is a legit option here if they cannot work out something before FA.

And then they get a deal worked out that keeps him in Miami long term.

While the tag may look like a big number for one year . . . Miami doesn't necessarily look at it like that.

They know they got him 4 years, 3 million and the tag still wouldn't push that AAV above 4 million after 5 years.

No brainer option if our cap situation was a bit better but still doable. But ultimately I see him and Juwan James back on long term deals.

There is something about the way he plays football that would take away from the team if he was not on it. No metrics, no explanation . . . You have to know it and I think ultimately Miami will.

I hope Juwan James isn't back. He isn't that good.

I hope Juwan James isn't back. He isn't that good.

He isn't a bad player at all and resigning him keeps some continuity while not creating another hole.

They have thrown nothing but crap sandwiches next to him throughout his tenure.

Young is what he is, and while Smith and Sterup could become something they aren't guys I want to project as starters. Big wins for them would be training camp and solidifying depth positions on this line behind Tunsil/James.

The notion of not overspending for Landry is laughable, let's understand something, we are going to overspend to keep him.............slot receiver or not. The Dolphins have a history of overpaying players and Landry is no different, the only good thing is that he is home grown. How we construct the contract is more important to me than the money itself, a large signing bonus with declining payments would be appreciated, we don't want to much money on the back end where we have a situation like Suh and having to restructure three years down the road. Pay the piper now and let's manage the cap properly........be smart. Kdawg you are the capologist jump in here.

I'm with Kdawg, Tag is the worst case scenario, and it's not even that bad of a situation. Tag enables A) One last year of Parker evaluation before commiting long term money to either one, B) Risk insurance in case of injury, the way Landry plays, this can't be overlooked. C) Leverage for long term deal.

He isn't a bad player at all and resigning him keeps some continuity while not creating another hole.

Young is what he is, and while Smith and Sterup could become something they aren't guys I want to project as starters. Big wins for them would be training camp and solidifying depth positions on this line behind Tunsil/James.

If they do, sure hope he can stay healthy, I think that’s anything another consideration.

The notion of not overspending for Landry is laughable, let's understand something, we are going to overspend to keep him.............slot receiver or not. The Dolphins have a history of overpaying players and Landry is no different, the only good thing is that he is home grown. How we construct the contract is more important to me than the money itself, a large signing bonus with declining payments would be appreciated, we don't want to much money on the back end where we have a situation like Suh and having to restructure three years down the road. Pay the piper now and let's manage the cap properly........be smart. Kdawg you are the capologist jump in here.

I may put some sort of early look 2018 personal roster preview this week as I am just chilling at home for 2 days. Throw some roster projections and cap figures in the mix to help get a grasp on what is actually possible this offseason.

But with an escalating cap every year and contracts (no matter how big or for how long) being essentially 2 or 3 year deals . . . A good cap is never that far away.

I may put some sort of early look 2018 personal roster preview this week as I am just chilling at home for 2 days. Throw some roster projections and cap figures in the mix to help get a grasp on what is actually possible this offseason.

But with an escalating cap every year and contracts (no matter how big or for how long) being essentially 2 or 3 year deals . . . A good cap is never that far away.
Looking forward to it.

Dawg you're one of the best posters here and I agree with you most of the time but you're saying you don't want to count on Smith/Sterup which I can understand but yet you want to count on Pouncey and James who due to their injury history should not be counted on. You can't have it both ways and on top of it James and Pouncey cost way more. Having say that I believe there's a high chance that you will get it your way because our FO loves doing things that haven't worked in the past. I'm 99% sure that Pouncey's back because Gase is in love with him. James I'm not so sure that he'll be back unless he takes a big pay cut which I doubt he would. You might end up proving all of us wrong. I believe the line would do better with hungry guys that will practice everyday, work hard and play together rather than count on high draft picks that seem to miss games all the time but that's just me. Time will tell what happens

Ozzy rules!!

Dawg you're one of the best posters here and I agree with you most of the time but you're saying you don't want to count on Smith/Sterup which I can understand but yet you want to count on Pouncey and James who due to their injury history should not be counted on. You can't have it both ways and on top of it James and Pouncey cost way more. Having say that I believe there's a high chance that you will get it your way because our FO loves doing things that haven't worked in the past. I'm 99% sure that Pouncey's back because Gase is in love with him. James I'm not so sure that he'll be back unless he takes a big pay cut which I doubt he would. You might end up proving all of us wrong. I believe the line would do better with hungry guys that will practice everyday, work hard and play together rather than count on high draft picks that seem to miss games all the time but that's just me. Time will tell what happens

Ozzy rules!!
This kid Sterup is tall and long according to Gase so I can see why they played him at LT, but I wonder if he would thrive at the G position.

Back
Top Bottom