Jarvis Landry won’t be taking a hometown discount to stay in Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis Landry won’t be taking a hometown discount to stay in Miami

No surprise. Feeling more and more like bad blood

I don't think he ever had any intention of taking a home town discount. He has one view of his price range and the team has a lesser view. It's that simple. As I've said in other threads, it would be great if he stays, but the team goes on if he leaves. Teams have won more games than the Dolphins have with receivers less talented than Landry. If you have to sign a Jordan Matthews or even Albert Wilson at half the cost of Landry than you do so and move on. Another option would be spend a 4th round pick on Deontay Burnett from USC to play the slot and sign another vet receiver to team with Parker and Stills.

Deontay Burnett is 170 pounds. I don't care how good a college career him and Keke Coutee had, I wouldn't have either on the same roster as Grant.

No players under 190 and that's already conceding 10 pounds. Ideally it should be no players under 200.

He’s good.

But not like Warfield, Duper, or Clayton.

He’s not 15 million good, and he may find that out for real in free agency.

I don’t even know that he’s 10 million good, even though he brings good stuff on game day.

You know what I think? I believe we have been so starved for both talent and intensity that when we by God finally got a guy with both, we reckon that he’s the end all. Not so.

The 10 million (tops) that we should give him could be applied at other needed positions. I can see 10, I guess. 15, and it’s sayonara Juice.

And Parker needs to un**** himself immediately, or what was supposed to be our strength will be a weakness.

I have no issues rolling with Stills, Parker, and Grant. And then using the 10 million on a few other guys that we damn sure could use.

He's gone! They are playing the same game they played with Stills only someone will overpay for juice. I just have a hard time with the fact that this FO will overpay Kiko Alonso and Andre Branch and immediately extend a guy with legal issues in TJ but won't pay market value (not Landry's fault) for Landry. At least Landry's production would more closely match his production than one cut and beat Kiko and no QB pressure Branch but what do I know. This regime rewards guys who do the right thing but are not good football players. Good luck, seems like a losing recipe to me.

He’s good.

But not like Warfield, Duper, or Clayton.

He’s not 15 million good, and he may find that out for real in free agency.

I don’t even know that he’s 10 million good, even though he brings good stuff on game day.

You know what I think? I believe we have been so starved for both talent and intensity that when we by God finally got a guy with both, we reckon that he’s the end all. Not so.

The 10 million (tops) that we should give him could be applied at other needed positions. I can see 10, I guess. 15, and it’s sayonara Juice.

And Parker needs to un**** himself immediately, or what was supposed to be our strength will be a weakness.

I have no issues rolling with Stills, Parker, and Grant. And then using the 10 million on a few other guys that we damn sure could use.

"You know what I think? I believe we have been so starved for both talent and intensity that when we by God finally got a guy with both, we reckon that he’s the end all. Not so."

Nailed it with that comment. Big fish (no pun intended), small pond. As long as the money that would have been spent on him is spent wisely, I'm fine with him leaving if it's north of $12 million he wants.

If the coaches were more in sync with Juice I’d be more inclined to pay him, but there are systematic issues with the players not being interested or smart enough to learn the plays/scheme. That’s a major major issue.

If this guy is seen as a team leader and is acting that way, by all means the team has the right to set a lower price and move on if needed.

I never expected him to come back. Just seemed like him and Gase didn’t really get along. I wouldn’t be surprised if the 49ers pick him up. Or made the Browns lol

Back
Top Bottom