Jason Taylor says "Henne is more talented than Mark Sanchez" | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Taylor says "Henne is more talented than Mark Sanchez"

Henne would probably look great right now if he had the backing like sanchez does. The running game, the O-line, the special teams, oh, and that elite defense. When Nolan Carroll gives up a bomb, its on Henne to save the day, and when he doesn't, sanchez is better because he threw 3 picks but his team won. Putting the team on his back, Mark Sanchez.

Didnt he say Sanchez was more talented then Henne last year as a member of the Jets?

imo i know a lil about QBs because i played in high school and and i watched Danny Boy when he started out as a rookie yep i was one of the blessed belive me sanchez with the defence he has ,still inst a better QB than Henne i dont care who disagrees with me ,i want to know where eveybody thinks hes better<>? is it a stronger arm ?Hell nooooo more acurate? nope ,reading the field? nope bout the same on that one ,and henne isnt afraid to take a hit like cheezy is and who has a better OL MIAMI OR THE JESTS ? OK JESTS THATS WHO AND HENNE IMO IS DOING BETTER THAN CHEEZY.

Things have changed my friend. People are going to have to find another way to criticize Sanchez soon. You're going to tell me that he's being carried by the 24th ranked offensive line, and the 26th ranked running game?

Henne has the 10th ranked running game and the 11th ranked offensive line.

Sanchez is entering the zone where Roethlisberger was a few years ago. When people still talked about how the Steelers were a power running team that only asked him to manage the game. That was true for his first two years, but it takes some elements of the media a long time to reassess things. The Steelers have been a passing team for about 5 years now, but the media only realized it a year or two ago. The Jets offense is in the middle of the pack despite the efforts of Sanchez, not because of them. The offensive line and running game are both bottom 1/3 units right now.

Team Offense Rankings
Offensive Line Rankings

This may be too much truth for some Dolphin fans, but despite all your complaints about Sparano, the defense, Reggie Bush, Brandon Marshall, etc.: If Chad Henne wasn't terrible in the red zone, you'd be 2-1 or 3-0 right now. You just lost 2 games where your defense allowed 23 and 17 points. A season low in points for Houston, and 3 points below Cleveland's average.

You think your O-line is bad? You have no idea. Sanchez is playing in a one-dimensional offense behind a bad offensive line. Yet he's still having a better year than Henne. Account for the difference in the supporting cast (stacked in Henne's favor this year), and Sanchez moves farther ahead. Henne has a stronger arm (though when they have their feet set, the difference is negligible because of Sanchez's mechanics), Sanchez is more accurate (though just beginning to show it this year), Sanchez has better footwork, and Sanchez is more aggressive. The aggression is the biggest difference between them, it's a double-edged sword. Sanchez takes more risks, leading to more turnovers and more points on the scoreboard. Henne sucks in the red zone because he's risk averse. The windows in the red zone are smaller and as a QB you've got to be willing to just throw it in there.

One QB is playing with two bottom 8 units and is putting up 23 points per game (I did you the favor and removed the punt block TD and the TD we scored after Cromartie returned an INT to the 1 yard line).

One QB is playing with two top 11 units and is putting up 17.7 points per game.

Henne's better between the 20's. Sanchez in the red zone.

Henne makes less mistakes. Sanchez more big plays.

They are both middle of the pack QB's.

Henne's better between the 20's. Sanchez in the red zone.

Henne makes less mistakes. Sanchez more big plays.

They are both middle of the pack QB's.

Nailed it.

If you could combine the two I'd take a first half Chad Henne and then Mark Sanchez late in games, on third down, red zone situations, and when I needed big plays.

Nailed it.

If you could combine the two I'd take a first half Chad Henne and then Mark Sanchez late in games, on third down, red zone situations, and when I needed big plays.

Now that would be a franchise QB... Maybe... Both of them individually, I'll pass.

Things have changed my friend. People are going to have to find another way to criticize Sanchez soon. You're going to tell me that he's being carried by the 24th ranked offensive line, and the 26th ranked running game?

Henne has the 10th ranked running game and the 11th ranked offensive line.

A few corrections. Henne doesn't have an 11th ranked OL. The miami dolphins are just listed in the 11th slot on your OL rankings site. Henne is working with a rank 26 OL in pass blocking. Sanchez is being carried not only by a better supporting cast on offense, but a top tier Defense. Their D already has 7 Turnovers to the fins 2. You get to air it out and take chances if you know your D can get you the ball back. If Tony romo doesn't absolutely hand them a game on a silver platter, sanchez is sitting at 1-2 this year and we're not talking about these stats because both QB's are terrible. If you want to talk about 2010 which seems to be when everyone fell in love with sanchez, the jets were 4th in rushing yards, 22nd in passing yards. Their OL ranked 8th on your site, their D ranked 3.

-theguy

A few corrections. Henne doesn't have an 11th ranked OL. The miami dolphins are just listed in the 11th slot on your OL rankings site. Henne is working with a rank 26 OL in pass blocking.

Good catch. Honest mistake.

Jets are 21st in pass protection, Dolphins 26th. Congratulations on having a slightly ****tier pass blocking line than we do.

Want to trade Columbo for Hunter?

Hey Jason, you also said you were flying up to Cleveland to kick some ***. Sorry but i'll pass on your predictions, and qb thoughts.

I'm no Henne defender and I agree that he needs to improve his red zone play big time. You know what would help though, if we could score a damn TD from outside the red zone. That is possible you know, I don't think we have any thus far in 2011. I think it's becuase we still have the same plodding, lumbering offense we had last year. While we added 2 sped guys, they really haven't helped much. Gates seems to raw and who knows whats going on with Bush. We still don't have that guy who's gonna take a slant the distance on this team. Guys it's really the same offense we had last year except there are some fast guys on the roster, but they don't really help. If we are going to depend on all of our TD's to come from within the 20, we are in big trouble. Even the best QB's have some where around 30% red zone efficiency thus far. You need to score from outside there once in awhile too.

lets watch how he puts his team on his back with a broken nose while facing the ravens D. lol

alot of pundits said the jets might slip this year a little. I tend to agree, especially since buffalo looking to make a splash.

oh, and this just in. santonio holmes is not happy with the way the offense is operating.

They said we'd slip last year too, how did that work out? To say a team that made the title game may not make it back is not going out on a limb anyway.

Sanchez went into Pitt w/ a bad throwing shoulder last year in the reg season in a game we desperately needed and led us to the win, he nearly led us to the SB w/ that injured throwing shoulder. he got hurt early last week and kept us in the game despite our awful D. The man is touhg and can play through pain.

Every QB in the league is more "talented" than Fitz. It takes a lot more than "talent" to be a good QB in this league.

I will say without the benefit of watching either QB a ton that Sanchez benefits from a much better surrounding cast. I easily could see Henne playing well on the Jets but you never know how he would handle the pressure of playing in NY. Despite his many faults, Sancheez seems to handle the pressure pretty well. Both players are still young but I really don't see either being elite QBs in this league. Of course our QB did nothing until he was 28 so you never know.

Your #1 RB: 303 yds on 6.4 YPC
our #1 RB: 134 yds on 3.3 YPC

yeah, sanchez clearly is benefitting from the much better supporting cast.

Your QB has had a great stretch, can we stop actinglike he is all of a sudden a sure thing? Sanchez has led us to 4 postseason ROAD wins, Fitz has never even played in a big game let alone won one. Let's allow this season to play out please. RIGHT NOW Fitz is playing great but let's revisit in Nov/Dec and see where we are.

Henne would probably look great right now if he had the backing like sanchez does. The running game, the O-line, the special teams, oh, and that elite defense. When Nolan Carroll gives up a bomb, its on Henne to save the day, and when he doesn't, sanchez is better because he threw 3 picks but his team won. Putting the team on his back, Mark Sanchez.

Do you guys watch any of the games?

Our top RB is averaging 3.3 YPC
Miami's? 4.9

Our D has been gashed in 2 of the 3 games we have played

When did Mark throw 3 picks and we win?

Sanchez summed it up perfectly:

"Of course, he's saying the right thing," Sanchez told ESPN radio. "That's his teammate and that's his quarterback. I hope he thinks he's the best. If he would have said that last year, I'd be a little upset. But that's what he's supposed to do. He's building Chad up, and that's just fine. . . . It's no big deal. . . . Who cares? He's supposed to say that."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f..._try_to_duplicate_oakland_raiders.html?page=1

Back
Top Bottom