Jason Taylor says "Henne is more talented than Mark Sanchez" | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Taylor says "Henne is more talented than Mark Sanchez"

if henne was on the jets this year, i would pencil the jets in as super bowl champs. with sanchez, not gonna happen.

:lol:

Not only has Jason Taylor lost a step in his old age..He has also lost his mind..

maybe lost a step BUTimo he is right on the money i just dont think Henne is at fault for whats going on here in miami his stats are good and i think he is maturing into a very good QB PEOPLE CAN SAY WHAT THEY WANT ABOUT HIM ,but when he gets a wr or wrs to make the catch then hes going to be a very good QB IMO HENNE CANT THROW AND CATCH THE BALL BOTH AND HE IS HOLDING UP HIS SIDE OF THE DEAL.

The point of the new QBR rating system is to account for QB performance within the context of the game. The clutch stat isn't just on the last drive of the game, but 3rd downs and how close the score is. Henne did plenty early on when the game was close and if a few things go our way (fumble, drop td's), his performance on the day isn't an issue. Sure we want him to be Marino and win the game at the end, but i don't think that's what JT is trying to say.

The jets are a playoff team despite sanchez. Just like the ravens were superbowl winners despite dilfer and the bucs superbowl winners despite brad johnson. The giants toppled the unbeaten pats with eli. big ben's first superbowl statline (the whole season for that matter) looks like a pile of poop. Football is probably the most team oriented sport and anyone (especially us dolphin fans) should understand outstanding QB play doesn't automatically equal success. It's a very important piece, but not everything. The entire team needs help. No one had fitzpatrick on their fantasy team last year (i'm almost certain no one drafted him this year) and off of a sudden he's the greatest thing since sliced bread? It's cuz the bills as a unit are playing well. The defense has 9 turnovers, 1 less than the ravens. The running game is 4th behind league leading mcfadden(oak), vick+mccoy(eagles), and purple jesus adp (MIN). All of the above superbowl teams i listed were winners in the last decade and all of them did it with defense. Ours is at the bottom of the league. We're missing chip shot fg's this year, we don't have an identity running the ball, the OL is porous, we've always had front office issues, and we lack playmakers across the board. Oh and did i mention the defense is terrible?

If we suck it up this year and get the first overall pick, i'm not gonna wish for another OL to help out henne. Take Luck immediately. I just wish every henne hater would stop making him the scapegoat because our team is a lot worst than his recent play.

-Theguy

For the life of me, I can't figure out why any of you still care about which of these turds has a better shine. :idk:

But, I guess y'all can go ahead and keep beating this dead horse into the ground.

The truth is the Jets are winning because of thier Defense not Sanchez and the Dolphins are losing because of our Defense not because of Henne. What are we ranked in offense? What are we ranked in Defense? My point proven.

28th on offense, 27th on defense. Well, so much for that proven point.

Honestly dude I used to be on your side of the argument.. I used to defend Henne to no end.. On paper it looks like he is doing a good job but when you watch the games over and over again and you see the same things happening ever year. Someone has to be blamed. We have had problems in the red zone every year since Henne took over. He has flashed points of greatness that made you believe in him, but I believe no more. Were losing games because we cant get into the endzone..Is that all Henne's fault? No but he is going to get the blame and this is his team now.. I know Columbo sucks at RT, I know Henne threw that pick that led to 7 points because of him but again in the end it all comes back on Henne. I am not oblivious to everything that happens in a game that does not involve Henne, but when the game is on the line do you want Chad Henne with the ball is his hands?

It's like Ted Ginn all over again. Every excuse in the book. In the end, Ginn was an awful, awful WR, and Henne isn't a very good QB.

The point of the new QBR rating system is to account for QB performance within the context of the game. The clutch stat isn't just on the last drive of the game, but 3rd downs and how close the score is. Henne did plenty early on when the game was close and if a few things go our way (fumble, drop td's), his performance on the day isn't an issue. Sure we want him to be Marino and win the game at the end, but i don't think that's what JT is trying to say.

The jets are a playoff team despite sanchez. Just like the ravens were superbowl winners despite dilfer and the bucs superbowl winners despite brad johnson. The giants toppled the unbeaten pats with eli. big ben's first superbowl statline (the whole season for that matter) looks like a pile of poop. Football is probably the most team oriented sport and anyone (especially us dolphin fans) should understand outstanding QB play doesn't automatically equal success. It's a very important piece, but not everything. The entire team needs help. No one had fitzpatrick on their fantasy team last year (i'm almost certain no one drafted him this year) and off of a sudden he's the greatest thing since sliced bread? It's cuz the bills as a unit are playing well. The defense has 9 turnovers, 1 less than the ravens. The running game is 4th behind league leading mcfadden(oak), vick+mccoy(eagles), and purple jesus adp (MIN). All of the above superbowl teams i listed were winners in the last decade and all of them did it with defense. Ours is at the bottom of the league. We're missing chip shot fg's this year, we don't have an identity running the ball, the OL is porous, we've always had front office issues, and we lack playmakers across the board. Oh and did i mention the defense is terrible?

If we suck it up this year and get the first overall pick, i'm not gonna wish for another OL to help out henne. Take Luck immediately. I just wish every henne hater would stop making him the scapegoat because our team is a lot worst than his recent play.

-Theguy

Apparently not since there might not be a worse QB in the NFL on third downs than Chad Henne. ESPN's total QBR sucks, plain and simple.

STFU JT I am so sick and tired of hearing what he has to say.........when he was with the Jets last yr he threw darts at us and talked about how the Jets had a great organzation.......now he's with us and and now he saying the Jets suck......I wish he would go away already.......

I agree. But Sanchez can put the team on his back, and Henne cannot. When the pressures on, he folds.

lets watch how he puts his team on his back with a broken nose while facing the ravens D. lol

alot of pundits said the jets might slip this year a little. I tend to agree, especially since buffalo looking to make a splash.

oh, and this just in. santonio holmes is not happy with the way the offense is operating.

Every QB in the league is more "talented" than Fitz. It takes a lot more than "talent" to be a good QB in this league.

I will say without the benefit of watching either QB a ton that Sanchez benefits from a much better surrounding cast. I easily could see Henne playing well on the Jets but you never know how he would handle the pressure of playing in NY. Despite his many faults, Sancheez seems to handle the pressure pretty well. Both players are still young but I really don't see either being elite QBs in this league. Of course our QB did nothing until he was 28 so you never know.

Every QB in the league is more "talented" than Fitz. It takes a lot more than "talent" to be a good QB in this league.

I will say without the benefit of watching either QB a ton that Sanchez benefits from a much better surrounding cast. I easily could see Henne playing well on the Jets but you never know how he would handle the pressure of playing in NY. Despite his many faults, Sancheez seems to handle the pressure pretty well. Both players are still young but I really don't see either being elite QBs in this league. Of course our QB did nothing until he was 28 so you never know.

Football Outsiders has Fitzpatrick 3rd, btw. Behind only Brady and Rodgers.

Fitzpatrick's success will convince the Dolphins that they don't need to take a QB in next year's draft. They will instead draft an offensive lineman or another front 7 player. I'd actually bet money on it.

lets watch how he puts his team on his back with a broken nose while facing the ravens D. lol

alot of pundits said the jets might slip this year a little. I tend to agree, especially since buffalo looking to make a splash.

oh, and this just in. santonio holmes is not happy with the way the offense is operating.

imo i know a lil about QBs because i played in high school and and i watched Danny Boy when he started out as a rookie yep i was one of the blessed belive me sanchez with the defence he has ,still inst a better QB than Henne i dont care who disagrees with me ,i want to know where eveybody thinks hes better<>? is it a stronger arm ?Hell nooooo more acurate? nope ,reading the field? nope bout the same on that one ,and henne isnt afraid to take a hit like cheezy is and who has a better OL MIAMI OR THE JESTS ? OK JESTS THATS WHO AND HENNE IMO IS DOING BETTER THAN CHEEZY.

Back
Top Bottom