Jason Taylor sees potential in Jordan | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Taylor sees potential in Jordan

When is the last time you heard of someone trying to trade for a guy 9 months after he was drafted? It's pretty obvious Chip wanted Dion Jordan then and now

When is the last time you heard of someone trying to trade for a guy 9 months after he was drafted? It's pretty obvious Chip wanted Dion Jordan then and now

im pretty sure he likes dion as a player. just not enough to move up and take him. or make us a better offer.

im pretty sure he likes dion as a player. just not enough to move up and take him. or make us a better offer.

We will never know for sure what was offered, lol. Just the fact that they offered something immediately after his rookie season shows all I need to know

We will never know for sure what was offered, lol. Just the fact that they offered something immediately after his rookie season shows all I need to know

I mean seriously Im sure the dolphins wouldn't mind getting Lane Johnson for our second this year and Danial Thomas doesn't really mean anything more than getting a good prospect for a second round pick and a bust.
now when Philly starts offering a first round pick plus another high pick u might have me convinced.
hell I will give Buffalo that same offer for Kiki Alonso and Im sure they will laugh just as we did.
Im still not convinced that Jordan will not end up an eagle. Im not convinced they are going to give up the house to get him.

I mean seriously Im sure the dolphins wouldn't mind getting Lane Johnson for our second this year and Danial Thomas doesn't really mean anything more than getting a good prospect for a second round pick and a bust.
now when Philly starts offering a first round pick plus another high pick u might have me convinced.
hell I will give Buffalo that same offer for Kiki Alonso and Im sure they will laugh just as we did.
Im still not convinced that Jordan will not end up an eagle. Im not convinced they are going to give up the house to get him.
I think the Eagles believed the Dolphins didn't know what they had in Dion Jordan and tried to lowball. That's why they moved quickly after a disappointing rookie season. They knew it would be their best(and possibly only) chance to steal him away.

I think the Eagles believed the Dolphins didn't know what they had in Dion Jordan and tried to lowball. That's why they moved quickly after a disappointing rookie season. They knew it would be their best(and possibly only) chance to steal him away.

Lets see....

1. Un-proven rookie
2. Coming off a injury season
3. Playing 'out' of position
4. Idiot GM
5. Then new GM
6. Vernon improved drastically (log jam at DE....maybe Jordan gets little to no snaps)

Wonder why Chip and the Eagles sent out low ball offers.

I have no agenda that's still your stupid buzz word . You are damn sure stretching the very definition of the term empirical evidence, more like empirical opinion. It was well known that the Raiders were looking to move that pick and get back their second round pick.

In fact this was just before the draft As the first round of the NFL Draft approaches Thursday, speculation is mounting about what the Raiders will do at No. 3 — trade the pick, or keep it?

Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports reports that the Raiders and Browns may be in discussions to work out a trade involving Oakland’s selection.

on April 15
The 2013 NFL Draft isn’t considered particularly strong in the first round and is tabbed as a second round draft for the best value.

According to Peter King of SI.com, the Oakland Raiders are looking to trade down from the number three spot. General manager Reggie McKenzie has been very prudent in free agency as he tries to balance the salary cap.

Gaining extra draft picks helps the Raiders stock their roster with cheap talent and start the process of developing their team through the draft. King writes:

‘If Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie gets his way, though, he won't be picking in the top five. The Raiders want to trade down to recoup the second-round pick that was sent to the Cincinnati Bengals in the Carson Palmer trade.’

From CBS sportsline
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...iders-looking-to-move-down-ots-could-go-1-2-3

I continue to hear the Oakland Raiders want to move from the third slot in the draft ... I’m told the Raiders are unlikely to draft Shariff Floyd, even if they can’t move down from the third slot. As one source close to the situation told me earlier today, "the mock draft community is overrating Shariff Floyd." Word is the Tennessee Titans at 10 look like a good fit.

Oakland shopped the pick and the best they could get was what we offered so Kelly knew damn well that pick was being shopped. Lets not act like anybody was surprised that the Raiders moved down. Your opinion is no more valid than anyone else on who the Eagles wanted to take.
I never said that Jordan was not rated as a top 10 pick in that draft I said he wasn't worth moving up for because after pick 2, picks 3 through 15 there wasn't a lot separating them as players. I wouldn't have drafted Jordan at 12 with the players that were left on the board esp with him being a bad fit for our defense.
I have no choice to live with the bad picks my team has made. Kelly could have had him by giving up a pick so obviously he didn't think as much of him as u do. In fact he didn't even offer a 1st round pick for him this year. For the Eagles its smart business to trade a late 1st round pick for a player that has played for the coach .
Lets not act like Kelly backed up the brinks truck to aquire him from us.

The Browns select sixth overall, so it isn’t much of a drop for the Raiders if nothing intrigues them when they are on the clock.

The Raiders have also been linked to possible trades with Detroit, Arizona, and Miami.

None of this is evidence but neither is anything that you stated.
It does show that there was a lot of reports that Oakland was shopping the pick.

Actually you're right, no one can be sure.. but with the obvious need for LTs coming off the board first, and Austin being billed as the next game-breaker, IMO it's pretty safe to say that: a)Chip would have grabbed Jordan at #4 and b)was surprised he was taken before Fisher and Austin, to name 2 of the other consensus top 10 picks which Jordan was.

Of course we can't be certain and will never know but frankly I'm even more confident that this was the scenario that occurred than you were that Brandon Gibson, who in '`12 led all receivers in 3rd down and TD conversion percentage was a worthless pickup because a bozo HC with 6 winning seasons in 18+years, including 2 in the last 9 and zero in the last 4 collaborating with an OC with 2 + * winning seasons out of 8 didn't make a strenuous effort to retain him.

But regardless, Jordan was a top 10 pick still greatly coveted by the coach who knew him best. And that;'s not speculation!

I never get why people get so butthurt on a differing opinion. I don't begrudge anybody that likes Jordan as a prospect for us. My issue is the idiots that wont let someone have an opinion without some asinine comment about some make believe agenda. yes if you believe I have an anti dolphin agenda you are an illinformed
If I wasn't a dolphin fan I would have the guts to say so. Im am quite critical of the dolphins and I feel I have every right to be. Wasn't implying you were acting that way if you must know. Im just trying to figure out how a fan of a team that has not had a winning season in half a decade and not much success in last decade doesn't have the right to be critical of his team and the people running it. If Im not mistaken I have supported Tannehill from day one and have never wavered while others cannot make up their mind , one day he is top 10 the next he is bust.

Yea that's why I stated everyone has a right to their opinion...the people getting upset about you feeling one way about jordan are hypocritical when they tell you to "get over it" and "stop complaining"....everyone is entitled to feel a certain way about a player and voice it on...wait for it...a forum lol. I just like to challenge people on the basis of their opinion the same way I expect to be challenged if I say something against the grain....no hard feelings at all I just like to pick at you because I know you'll respond and justify your line of thinking.

In all due respect to JT, he said some of the some on Misi as a pass rusher in the past.

How is it premature to not like a pick. I mean do u automatically like every pick we take or do you have an actual opinion on players drafted.

I mean we do get to see draft picks play in college before we draft them.

yea maybe I'm just an optimistic guy, and to be honest I don't watch a lot of "tape" on these kids before we draft em. I'd say it's premature because he hasn't had a lot of opportunity to contribute yet. you can speculate as to whether or not that was due to injury or lack of ability, but regardless you haven't seen much of him in a dolphins uniform. considering we just discussed his transition to a new position...his college performance won't be 100% representative of what he'll be doing here....call me crazy but yea most often I don't dislike picks until I get the chance to see them on the field

Well damn, I sure as hell hope there's potential in Jordan.

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

I'm sure you'd find a way to complain about winning the lottery.

yea because not liking a draft pick is exactly the same.
Im sure u had no opinion at all when we drafted pat white
How dare anyone criticize a team that hasn't won crap in years

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

they could have offered their first round pick if they wanted him that bad.

so dlockz, how do you invision Jordan's career ending, as far as what kind of player he ended up being? You see any probowls or do you just see a bust?

Actually you're right, no one can be sure.. but with the obvious need for LTs coming off the board first, and Austin being billed as the next game-breaker, IMO it's pretty safe to say that: a)Chip would have grabbed Jordan at #4 and b)was surprised he was taken before Fisher and Austin, to name 2 of the other consensus top 10 picks which Jordan was.

Of course we can't be certain and will never know but frankly I'm even more confident that this was the scenario that occurred than you were that Brandon Gibson, who in '`12 led all receivers in 3rd down and TD conversion percentage was a worthless pickup because a bozo HC with 6 winning seasons in 18+years, including 2 in the last 9 and zero in the last 4 collaborating with an OC with 2 + * winning seasons out of 8 didn't make a strenuous effort to retain him.

But regardless, Jordan was a top 10 pick still greatly coveted by the coach who knew him best. And that;'s not speculation!

So please tell me who predicts how every free agen and draft pick turns out with 100 percent or even 50 percent accuracy. I mean u bring up Brandon Gibson but I was spot on with ellerbee and wheeler.
I mean Im sure u don't bring up to people that were proclaiming him Ellerbeast that their opinion is somehow less valid. There were plenty of rumors that the Eagles wanted Lane Johnson. I don't claim to know. I do know that Oakland floated that pick and Jordan was rated by most as a top 10 pick so they knew a team could grab him.
Gibson played well but lets not act like the rest of the NFL who are paid to do this thought he was some awesome free agent. Gibson went on the market looking for 6 million a year and the most any team offered was 3 million a year. I never once said Gibson was a worthless pickup, I felt there were better pickups. Hell we had a GM with 1 winning season in 5 years that signed him so how is that any different. I also never disagree that Chip Kelly would like Jordan on his team. Almost any team that runs a 3-4 would be happy to have him on the team. Throwing second round picks to aquire him does not imply though that he is a must have player for them. If Kelly keeps his jobI feel Jordan will be an Eagle by next season but he wont be giving up a high first rounder to get him that's for sure.

so dlockz, how do you invision Jordan's career ending, as far as what kind of player he ended up being? You see any probowls or do you just see a bust?

I have never once said Jordan is a bust, I just think he will be a solid NFL player. He is not in a defense that suits his skills. I don't think he is the next coming of JT or even close.
As for pro bowls you can never say. Its a popularity contest. Pouncey didn't deserve it last year but he was named. I think he will be a solid pass rusher, but always be weak against the run.
I think he is a guy that will stay out of trouble, I don't see him as ever being one of the leagues best but in a 3-4 he might ascend to that type of player. Just because I don't like where a guy was picked or think he fits the defense doesn't mean he is worthless.
When you are talking third pick in the draft I think that guy should become one of the best in the league. I did not like giving up a second round pick in last years draft to draft a guy that was basically the same talent as a guy I could take at 12.

I said last year that after the top two picks picks 3 - about 15 are so close in talent its not worth moving up and I stand by that.
I don't see the career of Jordan being distinctly more successful than Jarvis Jones, Mingo or Answah.
Star will be among the best at his position no doubt.

I have to say I respect that question unlike all the butthurt feelings and personal attacks one gets because you disagree. I just don't get why people have such an issue with differing opinions.
I don't go back and tell posters personally that you said Ginn was going to be unstoppable or that you said Beck was a better prospect than MAtt Ryan.
This post is all about Dion Jordan and our opinions on him. I mean is Jawan James a bad pick because the same coach liked Johnathon Martin?

Back
Top Bottom