Ja'wuan James vs Brandin Cooks | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ja'wuan James vs Brandin Cooks

Who would you have drafted?

• Total voters
The only player we have hit on is the one we spent a first round pick on. We waited in 2010 and ended up with Jerry.

No...but he would have been an explosive addition to the offense and scored some touchdwns.

Moses and others were around in round 2 and beyond and that was the point.

From right tackle? Impressive for a converted wr

I prefer James over Cook, and Landry over any tackle we could have gotten in the second

Filled both positions of need with the best RT available, plus the best hands in the draft. I think its time for everyone to move on and see what James can do.

To me we have to fix the O-line first. Cooks would have been a luxury pick, but unfortunately we are not a team that can take risks because we have to shore up our line thanks to two F-ups named Martin and Incognito, who are longer here.

Based on who was available at the picks (and who may have been available if we hadn't drafted him):

1) Cooks or Lee
2) Landry, James, Moses, or Turner (though how do you pass up on Landry after he falls?)
3 (w/ the trade up)) Marcus Martin

And no, that's not hindsight. I've been a proponent of getting Pouncey's eventual replacement for a while.

neither player. James is nothing special just another guy and trading out of that pick was best option

A tad little premature on that evaluation on James, don't you think? Especially when you consider in college, he played the position he will be playing in the NFL as well as anyone.

people act like we havent drafted linemen.
1st overall.....4 straight probowls.
15th overall...considered one of the best at his position right now.
77th overall...Might start this year, but still to be seen.
42nd overall...Garbage, weak (as a player and human being), pretty much a snake.
73rd overall...Inconsistant.
110th overall...worthless.

all since 2008

Basically of all those players, seems the ones in the 1st round actually worked out better then 2nd round and beyond, so maybe taking a chance on another 1st round talent for the position we need the most might not be a bad idea.

I'll take James b/c that pick led to Landry. I'll take work ethic and by far the most exceptional hands out of all 2014 drafted WR's (only 2.5% drop rate @ LSU. Well to do college WR's avg 6-7%) over a little flash n dash any day. Plus, you can't ask too much more out of James so far as he looks to start from day one at RT (though, it could be argued that wasn't a difficult spot to upend).

Back
Top Bottom