Ja'wuan James vs Brandin Cooks | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ja'wuan James vs Brandin Cooks

Who would you have drafted?

• Total voters
Cooks is the superior player but I can see why James was the pick. He's a good starting right tackle and it was a HUGE need. This is one of the rare cases where need outweighs BPA because your quarterback was sacked 58 times the year before. I had him as a mid/late round 1st so it's not like they reached for him, he's a plug and play RT. If they would have been able to seal the deal with Zach Strief, then Cooks should have been the pick. James was a good pick.

Cooks is the superior player but I can see why James was the pick. He's a good starting right tackle and it was a HUGE need. This is one of the rare cases where need outweighs BPA because your quarterback was sacked 58 times the year before. I had him as a mid/late round 1st so it's not like they reached for him, he's a plug and play RT. If they would have been able to seal the deal with Zach Strief, then Cooks should have been the pick. James was a good pick.

Simple minded fantasy football analysis.

James was a great pick.

Simple minded fantasy football analysis.

James was a great pick.

Not at all. Cooks was the best route runner and YAC receiver in the draft. Sure handed and has OUTSTANDING athleticism. 4.31 40, 36 inch vertical, 3.81 20 yard shuttle, and 6.76 3 cone are unreal #s. Not taking anything away from James but saying that is simple minded fantasy football analysis you're ****ing high. Cooks is better than any receiver on the roster right now. I still like the James pick but NO ONE had James rated as a higher prospect. I'm not taking anything away from James he will be a good starting RT long term. And it was a huge need. I get the pick. It was a good one. But no one anywhere had Ja'Wuan James rated as a better prospect than Brandin Cooks. Why don't you ask TedSlimmJr., Ckparrothead, or Hooshoops who is the BETTER PROSPECT OVERALL?

Not at all. Cooks was the best route runner and YAC receiver in the draft. Sure handed and has OUTSTANDING athleticism. 4.31 40, 36 inch vertical, 3.81 20 yard shuttle, and 6.76 3 cone are unreal #s. Not taking anything away from James but saying that is simple minded fantasy football analysis you're ****ing high. Cooks is better than any receiver on the roster right now. I still like the James pick but NO ONE had James rated as a higher prospect. I'm not taking anything away from James he will be a good starting RT long term. And it was a huge need. I get the pick. It was a good one. But no one anywhere had Ja'Wuan James rated as a better prospect than Brandin Cooks. Why don't you ask TedSlimmJr., Ckparrothead, or Hooshoops who is the BETTER PROSPECT OVERALL?

Hey now. Don't disparage the weed smokers. :lol:

Cooks was my pick.....but it's hard to criticize the James pick with the much needed improvement in the O-line we've seen so far.

Cooks was my pick.....but it's hard to criticize the James pick with the much needed improvement in the O-line we've seen so far.

Exactly. I'm not criticizing the pick. But if they were able to land Zach Strief in FA it probably would have been Cooks.

The queston is do you want a top 32 WR, or a top 12 RT?

Either way either getting a very good #2 WR, or a very good RT.

Exactly. I'm not criticizing the pick. But if they were able to land Zach Strief in FA it probably would have been Cooks.

The queston is do you want a top 32 WR, or a top 12 RT?

Either way either getting a very good #2 WR, or a very good RT.

IMHO we ended up with a very good RT and a good to very good #2 WR in Landry anyway. If we take Cooks in the first IMHO we don't get nearly as good an O-lineman as James is starting to look like later on, and if we sign Streif it's costing you cap space we will now be able to use elsewhere.

IMHO we ended up with a very good RT and a good to very good #2 WR in Landry anyway. If we take Cooks in the first IMHO we don't get nearly as good an O-lineman as James is starting to look like later on, and if we sign Streif it's costing you cap space we will now be able to use elsewhere.

I'd pump the breaks on Landry a little.

We had no issue with cap space and still stand with 8.8 million in cap space

We had no issue with cap space and still stand with 8.8 million in cap space

And we will need to roll as much of that as we can over to next year the way future contracts are structured. I'd see dropping that extra cash on a guard going into this year if we were close to being a top team, but if you aren't you need to develop talent, not buy it.

Needed a tackle in the worst way. I'm happy with the pick. He's been solid as a rookie and that should bode well for a bright future. With that said he may not have as big of an impact in the nfl in the long run however I would take him over again.

Honestly, for what Lazor seems to want in a WR, I think we ended up with the right choice. Cooks is a better fit for the Saints offense much like Landry is better for us.

I'd pump the breaks on Landry a little.

No thank you. I think that kid is a very good football player. He'll never be a number one WR, but he is a very valuable piece. If I have one concern about him, it's that he's fearless, and I wonder if that will catch up to him at some point in regards to injuries.

Landry makes hard catches, he makes routine catches, he gets open, and he fights for yards after the catch. Every team can use that guy. Game breaker? No. Game changer, yes.

I love Landry because of the energy he brings and he fights for yards on the field. I dont think we have seen a lot out him as far as route variety goes though. We get the ball to him quite a bit on screens at this point. To be fair he is a rookie and a lot of rookie receivers are not asked to take on #1 wideout responsibilities. I dont think he is ready to be on the field in a lot of 2 wr sets.

Back
Top Bottom