Ja'wuan James vs Brandin Cooks | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ja'wuan James vs Brandin Cooks

Who would you have drafted?

• Total voters
I like James, but I'm going to actually go with Silver on this one and sat Varrett would have been an excellent addition as well

Although I understand why they took James where they took him, I generally don't like the idea of drafting a tackle in the first round when it's been proven you can get your tackle later. I'm a big believer of picking up skill players in the first round whenever possible. Elite talent at the skill positions are more of a rarity than linemen.

I don't watch college football, so I'm only going off of the reports I've read on these two players. Based on that, Brandin Cooks sounded very intriguing to me. He doesn't seem to project to be a #1, but who cares? You pay a premium for speed (4.3). Having him on the field alone along with Wallace would have potentially made this offense very scary. His combine numbers suggest that he's your protypical "Percy Harvin" type WR who can line up all over the field.

Who would you have taken between these two players?

So its proven you can draft a tackle in later drafts huh.

Lets look and see how Miami has done shall we....

Billy Turner. Potential...but a long way from being very good
Dallas Thomas.........OMG. Enough said.
Jonathon Martin....See Thomas.
John Jerry. Was fair....but ate his way out of the team.
Andrew Gardner....Who
Jake Long......1st pick overall, and has still done more than Matt Ryan.
Shawn Murphy.....did he even play a down for Miami?
Anthony Alabi.....see murphy
Vernon Carey...1st rounder. He is sill better than anyone else we have had on the team in the past 8 years.
Wade Smith........not a lot of positives

I could go on, but your argument is invalid with tackles at Miami.

the fact that we have Jason Fox at Right tackle right now doing what he does best just PROVES that we made the right choice no matter how average James may be

Back
Top Bottom