Jeff Darlington expects Landry to be on Dolphins next season | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeff Darlington expects Landry to be on Dolphins next season

There are 31 teams in the NFL and then there's NE. We can't try to do what THEY do and expect the same result. NE would never pay a slot WR 16 mill

Ozzy rules!!

It wasn't too long ago that the Dolphins couldn't seem to find quality receivers.

Now they have a guy who is productive, physical and durable in Landry. I hope the team can find a way to get the contract done. I know he needs to control his emotions better on the field, but he's also that player who can spark the team.

Even in the pro bowl, you saw quarterbacks targeting Landry because they know he runs good routes and is dependable.

I say get it done.

The one year tag is alot different then making a long term commitment and guaranteed monies to a player you think has maturity or behavior problems..

That’s why its still part of the discussion. Just my .02 cents Danny. Im not saying they ‘should’ necessarily do it.

They have a projected 50M in open cap in 2019 I believe before any other moves.
But here's the thing. Does anyone truly believe that we're going to win the super bowl in 2018? If not, then why pay him that much money instead of using the money in other areas of need. We could take 8 or 9 mill to invest on a top guard in free agency which would allow us not to "need" to draft a guard and you'd still save money. I just can't wait for the team to start running an offense NOT based on 5 yard passes to Landry. It has not worked. I'm not blaming him but rather, the fact they keep going to him time and again in every game and yet we can't seem to score enough. I have no problem having him on the team. I have a problem with targeting him 160 a year because that doesn't work for the team.

Ozzy rules!!

Landry ends up in Cleveland... I have also thought Cleveland would make a possible trade partner for Suh if we are willing to take a little less to get the contract off the books.

I would love to see Landry go to Cleveland! I don't want him on the Dolphins; he wants too much money, and running an offense that is mostly short passes to Landry is just plain pathetic. And, I keep hoping that they would get rid of Suh too. They paid WAY too much for a guy who doesn't win games for you. Because of the so-called "experts" running this team, they have too many holes to fill and too much money going to players that either under-perform or just don't make enough of a difference to justify their contract.

There are 31 teams in the NFL and then there's NE. We can't try to do what THEY do and expect the same result. NE would never pay a slot WR 16 mill

Ozzy rules!!

Well they tagged Welker in 2012 and paid him almost 10. Not 16 but relative money 6 years ago.

I would love to see Landry go to Cleveland! I don't want him on the Dolphins; he wants too much money, and running an offense that is mostly short passes to Landry is just plain pathetic. And, I keep hoping that they would get rid of Suh too. They paid WAY too much for a guy who doesn't win games for you. Because of the so-called "experts" running this team, they have too many holes to fill and too much money going to players that either under-perform or just don't make enough of a difference to justify their contract.

The thing is we didn't run the offense through short passes in 2016. Forget the last thing we saw, I know that's hard, but the offense was different and bad in 2017 because of Cutler not Landry. Landry's yards per catch were up in 16 and Tannehill's YPA was higher than Jay's. Throw 17 in the trash, it was an anomaly not the norm and not what any of us should expect from this offense going forward.

One thing to note about that 2016 offense is while if made more plays downfield it also left the field quickly if the plays didn’t hit. We were 28th in 3 and outs and a big reason why we did score more. Once we got a first down or two we usually scored. But getting that first one was a challenge.

The thing is we didn't run the offense through short passes in 2016. Forget the last thing we saw, I know that's hard, but the offense was different and bad in 2017 because of Cutler not Landry. Landry's yards per catch were up in 16 and Tannehill's YPA was higher than Jay's. Throw 17 in the trash, it was an anomaly not the norm and not what any of us should expect from this offense going forward.
16 yards per catch? When? Landry has only had 6 games in his career where he averaged over 15 yards per catch.

16 yards per catch? When? Landry has only had 6 games in his career where he averaged over 15 yards per catch.

I said it was higher in 16 meaning 2016, 12.1 to be exact. The larger point is don’t live and die with the 8.8 in 2017 because that was the QB.

Players will go to Cleveland when Jackson is gone. He's a terrible coach. Even crappy Cam Cameron won one game in a season.
With all the money and all the picks they have had, a good coach could have mustered 4+ wins.
Dorsey being there helps, but Cousins and Landry can go anywhere, why Cleveland? It's more than just money. It's a losing culture.
I liked hearing Frank Reich's speech about what he will do at Indy. Cleveland needs someone like him or Jim Harbaugh to get them up and running.

Please just let him walk. We need to quit paying average/good players (Branch, Stills) like they're really good/great players. We need to fix these cap issues & perpetuating the problem by paying more big dollars to non-playmakers is not a great move.

Please just let him walk. We need to quit paying average/good players (Branch, Stills) like they're really good/great players. We need to fix these cap issues & perpetuating the problem by paying more big dollars to non-playmakers is not a great move.
Good to see you around brother. John

I’ll be disappointed if the Dolphins don’t make a legitimate, strong effort to keep Landry. He’s productive, period. A lot factors into YPC, particularly where the Dolphins choose to target him. It’s not all on Landry.

One thing that stands out to me is his durability. Watching every week, there were numerous times where Landry limped off the field, only to get right back in the game. Minor knocks don’t stop this guy, unlike DeVante Parker. You can count on Landry to give maximum effort. It’s not even a question.

It’ll be tough to lose that over a few million, considering the money this franchise has burned on worthless players.

Back
Top Bottom