Jeff Darlington expects Landry to be on Dolphins next season | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeff Darlington expects Landry to be on Dolphins next season

I am holding out hope we can tag him and trade him. Cleveland is open for business.

Many different angles on this issue and they all have a legit argument but the facts are we are a average team with few play makers outside of Suh and Laundry this yes you overpay for those skills or you become more average. Yea if we had a above average roster or coach then you trade a Laundry or Suh but we just are not there yet nor have we shown the ability to replace that talent via our GM or coach.

Anyone know what the top slot in the league gets paid? Baldwin maybe at the top? I think they should offer him north of what Baldwin is paid, 12-13m per year. If he says no, ok......seeya. That's fair on both sides imo, and we can't be mad if it goes down like that.

We need to just tag him and try throughout the year to sign him long term. It would go against everything the front office preaches to have Landry walk. The only reason he saw so many passes so close to the LOS was due to a new qb and a bad line. Fix that and hes a star again.

I could see him signing for 12-13 million with more guaranteed money to offset not getting 14.5 million per. But unless he signs for 10 or less there will be a lot of pissed off fans on this board.Excluding me, i'd be happy.

So, status quo?

I’d expect to see Christian Kirk on the board at 43 given the long speed looks to me like it may have a 6 on it.

Drop a 4.6 flat even and your draft stock takes a hit. At best it’s late 4.5s

Reminds me of current version Larry Fitzgerald as a slot.

Not the boundary wr that went top 5 version as a prospect but the guy who lost a step and remade his career kicked inside to the slot minus the high point leaping ability fitz was known for at Pitt.

Kirk might be a guy that skips the combine run and saves it for his pro day so he can scrape a tenth off on his home fast field turf.

Combine time wise I’m not surprised if it’s got a 6. Slot only too that’s a combination that will extend your stay on the board in most classes

Last edited:
Of course they will...It's the Dolphins MO to sign non impact players to big contracts.

Back
Top Bottom