Jets claim Clyde Gates | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets claim Clyde Gates

Focus please. This latest discussion about why your team is all-time great worthy is about Clyde Gates. Not once in your example did anyone already proclaim Gates was great.

Hope. It's a funny thing. I know for a fact you have hope that the Jets season will be more like their elite years (sarcasm) rather than .500.

do you have to take every word literally? the point is the Gates talk was nonstop about how good he would be and now that he is gone he sucks just like so many before him. Whether it was telling me how great Calvin pace was when rumors had Miami signing him then telling me how he sucked when we signed him or how great a coach Saban was going to be or Cameron, Sparano and now Philbin. How great Daunte was, Green, Henne,... How great Hartline was going to be become, gates, etc...

do you have to take every word literally? the point is the Gates talk was nonstop about how good he would be and now that he is gone he sucks just like so many before him. Whether it was telling me how great Calvin pace was when rumors had Miami signing him then telling me how he sucked when we signed him or how great a coach Saban was going to be or Cameron, Sparano and now Philbin. How great Daunte was, Green, Henne,... How great Hartline was going to be become, gates, etc...

Hoping he is good is not the same as saying he will be good. Those are two different things. Don't you as a fan hope every player on your team does well?

Yep but I don't talk up every player like they will be really good then bash them when they aren't.

Yep but I don't talk up every player like they will be really good then bash them when they aren't.

So you're better than some people on this site? Jesus, you act like this sort of thing doesn't go on elsewhere. There's no need to rag on people whose team hasn't done anything in years and only have hope to hold onto anything positive.

Jason taylor made about 2-3 plays all year, he hurt us as much as he helped us so no it never occured to me that he was the reason b/c he wasn't the reason but you should be appreciative of the fact that the Jets got him further than he ever got in Miami.
He was the best player in the history of your team!

Apparently the Jests are doing more dumpster diving for WRs. They have reportedly tried out ex-Dolphin Derek Hagan who played for part of last season for the Bills and was cut by them last week.

Maybe somebody should explain to Mike Tannenbaum that the point of picking through the NFL scrapheap for future Super Bowl MVPs is to improve your team, so maybe he should look at the WRs that great passing teams like GB and NO cut rather than at the WRs that couldn't even make teams with, ahem, very modest passing games. :crazy:

Kinzua: what you don't realize is that good organizations are always looking for players, kicking the tires, etc... We all know the great Buddy nix doesn't ned any more players, his roster is set in stone. The man is genius at building teams.

Kinzua: what you don't realize is that good organizations are always looking for players, kicking the tires, etc... We all know the great Buddy nix doesn't ned any more players, his roster is set in stone. The man is genius at building teams.

Actually, the Bills didn't sign anybody to their active roster from the last cuts, so no, they didn't pick through the NFL trash bin looking for players. Several of their cuts were signed by other teams however. They did sign several practice squad players from other teams.

Buddy Nix also didn't babble on about holding a "mini draft" from final cuts like Mike Tannenbaum did.

Actually, the Bills didn't sign anybody to their active roster from the last cuts, so no, they didn't pick through the NFL trash bin looking for players. Several of their cuts were signed by other teams however. They did sign several practice squad players from other teams.

Buddy Nix also didn't babble on about holding a "mini draft" from final cuts like Mike Tannenbaum did.

Good organizations are always bringing in players to take a look. Buddy's Bills don't fall into that category which is why you aren't bringing anyone in.

Good organizations are always bringing in players to take a look. Buddy's Bills don't fall into that category which is why you aren't bringing anyone in.

Plenty of bad organizations bring in players to take a look, too. See: Jets, New York.

Apparently the Jests are doing more dumpster diving for WRs. They have reportedly tried out ex-Dolphin Derek Hagan who played for part of last season for the Bills and was cut by them last week.

Maybe somebody should explain to Mike Tannenbaum that the point of picking through the NFL scrapheap for future Super Bowl MVPs is to improve your team, so maybe he should look at the WRs that great passing teams like GB and NO cut rather than at the WRs that couldn't even make teams with, ahem, very modest passing games. :crazy:

Mike wants to send you a thank you note for Maybin. Wasn't he part of one of the worst defense?

Actually, good teams kick every tire they can. See the Patriots. They have brought in and looked at every TE on earth. Bills? They think they are too good and don't need any more help to win that SB they have been desiring for their entire lives. Good luck with that. It has worked for you guys so well in the past, Im sure it won't disappoint you this year either.

Plenty of bad organizations bring in players to take a look, too. See: Jets, New York.

Yep our bad organization that has the most playoff wins in the league under the current regime.

Can you guys ever remove your hatred/jealousy of us when you discuss us?

Yep our bad organization that has the most playoff wins in the league under the current regime.

Can you guys ever remove your hatred/jealousy of us when you discuss us?

It's okay there, sport, everything will be okay. Let me just pat your head and tousle your hair.

Nothing good is coming out of Miami's seconds at the wide receiver position........you cannot kick the tires if there are none on the car.

Nothing good is coming out of Miami's seconds at the wide receiver position........you cannot kick the tires if there are none on the car.

Gates has speed, what we lacked last year was speed. he may never do anything for us but I know we liked him coming into the draft a couple of years ago and it doesn't hurt to pick him up. No one thought we'd get anything out of Aaron Maybin either, we'll see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom