Jets-Falcons game thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets-Falcons game thread

I said it before but that loss by the Dolphins yesterday is looking even worse now. It's going to be tough sweeping either the Jets and Bills this year. Losing a game at home to a conference team could be a killer come December.

I thought we were a 9-7 team before and I still think we're a 9-7 team. As much as it sucks to watch another year of pointless football, about 28 other teams are in the same boat. I still think our future is bright.

I thought we were a 9-7 team before and I still think we're a 9-7 team. As much as it sucks to watch another year of pointless football, about 28 other teams are in the same boat. I still think our future is bright.

It does suck because the AFC looks pretty weak this year. Other than Denver , I'm not really impressed with any of these other teams, not even Kansas City. I mean the Colts look strong but the Dolphins went into their stadium and beat them. So who knows.

Hopefully the Steelers, who have looked like complete garbage so far, can come up with something after an extra week of preparation and beat the Jets next week.

I would take Tony Gonzalez on the Phins any day ....it's a shame he has to play for the Falcons.

Geno Smith actually looked good.

If he can do that more consistently he will be a good qb, but problem with Geno Smith is his consistency.

Geno did look good. They are a lot like we were last year: the sports media (who is totally clueless btw) gave them zero chance to even be relevant this season and as of now they are proving them wrong. It sucks, but that's what it is. I look forward to the upcoming battles this week between Vaark and Junc in the AFC East forums lol.

Falcons left a lot of time on the clock. Jets just need FG range. Hope Geno pulls a Sanchez. LOL.

he did and we won b/c of it. Thanks for rooting for him!

Great win, Atl obviously has issues but a week after that clunker by Geno to take responsibility and apologize to his teammates and the D specifically then come out and play near flawless football was a HUGE step in his development. This was the first time he truly looked ready to play in this league. Big win, we have a D that can keep us in most games and if we can take care of the football we can be a playoff contender. Now it gets harder, Pitt stinks right now but a young team w/ a young QB after an emotional win on a short week is usually a recipe for a los the next week so we'll see if they can get over this one quick and get their first win streak of the year.

he did and we won b/c of it. Thanks for rooting for him!

Great win, Atl obviously has issues but a week after that clunker by Geno to take responsibility and apologize to his teammates and the D specifically then come out and play near flawless football was a HUGE step in his development. This was the first time he truly looked ready to play in this league. Big win, we have a D that can keep us in most games and if we can take care of the football we can be a playoff contender. Now it gets harder, Pitt stinks right now but a young team w/ a young QB after an emotional win on a short week is usually a recipe for a los the next week so we'll see if they can get over this one quick and get their first win streak of the year.

congrats on the win

Going into the 2013 season Mike Smith was the only ACTIVE coach that had a better winning percentage than Don Shula.
With the 3 game losing streak he is now sitting behind the Don Shula like all the rest of the the active coaches.

#1 Don Shula (.678)
#2T John Harbaugh (.671)
#2T Mike Smith (.671)
#4 Sean Payton (.663)
#5 Mike McCarthty (.655)
#6 Bill Belichick (.652)
#7 Mike Tomlin (.630)
#8 Andy Reid (.592)
#9 Mike Shanahan (.568)
#10 John Fox (.547)

ESPN sure had Rex-Cam on pure display last night. Buddy Ryan must've founded ESPN or something since his sons get more screen time than the normal coaches. Anyway the AFC East looks to be an interesting division this year.

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Going into the 2013 season Mike Smith was the only ACTIVE coach that had a better winning percentage than Don Shula.
With the 3 game losing streak he is now sitting behind the Don Shula like all the rest of the the active coaches.

#1 Don Shula (.678)
#2T John Harbaugh (.671)
#2T Mike Smith (.671)
#4 Sean Payton (.663)
#5 Mike McCarthty (.655)
#6 Bill Belichick (.652)
#7 Mike Tomlin (.630)
#8 Andy Reid (.592)
#9 Mike Shanahan (.568)
#10 John Fox (.547)

Kind of pointless considering Smith and Harbaugh haven't been coaches for nearly as long as Shula was.

Atlanta threw this game away too, just like they did vs. Miami, wow I can't imagine that S Jackson means that much to this team, Gonzalez is M Ryan's security blanket, take him away and an aging Jackson. And well even with their injuries they are still behind N. Orleans in a big way.

Geno wass flawless, still I can't be too sold on Jests yet, like the Dolphins they hit ATL in the perfect storm, in fact, the Phins kinda softened ATL up and so did the Pats. I think that ATL was looking past this game to their next opponent. Based on the Jests the week before.

As much as the new NFL is about Offense, the NFL is still about TOs and where they are committed...

ESPN sure had Rex-Cam on pure display last night. Buddy Ryan must've founded ESPN or something since his sons get more screen time than the normal coaches. Anyway the AFC East looks to be an interesting division this year.

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Kind of pointless considering Smith and Harbaugh haven't been coaches for nearly as long as Shula was.

Actually kind of amazing that Shula did it for so long and is on top of every current coach. Their short term success can never compare to Shula's long term consistency.
That was the point I was trying to make. That is all.

Atlanta threw this game away too, just like they did vs. Miami, wow I can't imagine that S Jackson means that much to this team, Gonzalez is M Ryan's security blanket, take him away and an aging Jackson. And well even with their injuries they are still behind N. Orleans in a big way.

Geno wass flawless, still I can't be too sold on Jests yet, like the Dolphins they hit ATL in the perfect storm, in fact, the Phins kinda softened ATL up and so did the Pats. I think that ATL was looking past this game to their next opponent. Based on the Jests the week before.

As much as the new NFL is about Offense, the NFL is still about TOs and where they are committed...

How did Atlanta throw the game away?

I think there is a big silver lining in the Jet's win. Ok the Jets are a little better than I would admit but by getting off to a 3-2 start they will believe they have their franchise QB. I would rather face Geno the next five years than Teddy Bridgewater, Johnny Manziel or Marcus Mariota.

Back
Top Bottom