Jets-Falcons game thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets-Falcons game thread

Congrats on the win! If Geno can play like that every week, the Jets actually might have a shot at the playoffs. I know that is a big IF, but I know you guys must be feeling good about Geno at 3-2.

Thanks

It was definitely a big win. The biggest thing is Geno's development, obviously the playoffs would be great. Biggest thing now is beating Pitt and getting to 4-2. Then we'll see where we are after this stretch of games against New England, New Orleans, and Cincy.

Geno looked great but we've also seen him look bad as well. I think that trend is more likely to continue this season because he is a rookie but hopefully he can eventually find some consistency.

don't be worried about geno smith...the jets unveiled some read option and emptied the play book pretty much with the formations and personnel vs the falcons...the real concern is the jets dts and heck wilkerson can even shift out over a tackle at end and win as a rusher right now...

that's the concern...can we hold up in pass pro...running the ball inside off what i have seen from miami vs the jets will pretty much not happen...

one thing the dolphins have that the falcons do not is a consistent edge win pass rusher in cam wake...so geno won't be getting all that time in the pocket vs miamis pressure schemes and blitz packages...

falcons were handcuffed anyways cause roddy white even when he did play had no burst no second gear no ability to separate...teams can one on one him these days and get away with it

don't be worried about geno smith...the jets unveiled some read option and emptied the play book pretty much with the formations and personnel vs the falcons...the real concern is the jets dts and heck wilkerson can even shift out over a tackle at end and win as a rusher right now...

that's the concern...can we hold up in pass pro...running the ball inside off what i have seen from miami vs the jets will pretty much not happen...

one thing the dolphins have that the falcons do not is a consistent edge win pass rusher in cam wake...so geno won't be getting all that time in the pocket vs miamis pressure schemes and blitz packages...

falcons were handcuffed anyways cause roddy white even when he did play had no burst no second gear no ability to separate...teams can one on one him these days and get away with it

I agree somewhat, I don't think Geno has all of a sudden arrived. He's a work in progress but remember this was the first game we had all 3 RBs that they envisioned we'd have and Goodson will be huge in the pass game when he gets his legs under him. We'll also have Holmes back(assuming not setbacks) by the time we play so you'll see a different offense at that point.

Defensively Coples is working his way back, we just lost Barnes for the year which is a big blow as he was doing a great job for us but as Coples gets healthy that should lessen that blow.

Roddy isn't healthy, hasn't been all year but where's your Roddy White? You have a poor man's Julio Jones in Wallace but where's the White?

your dt's specifically richardson and wilkerson are the driving force of the jets right now...i'm not concerned about the offense...i'm concerned about those 2 dts ruining things...

richardson is a stud too

coples didnt show anything monday night pace is garbage and barnes may have been the only edge rush win player you had other than wilkerson at this point...not that he showed much monday prior to injury either...

stop those 2 dts and you will have plenty of time to make plays in the passing game or expose blitz pressure...

don't forget Harrison.

i think you guys have the best 4 deep nt/dt rotation in football...i realize you play a 34 so wilk and richardson are de's but that group is young and seriously talented

Back
Top Bottom