Jets-Falcons game thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets-Falcons game thread

Actually kind of amazing that Shula did it for so long and is on top of every current coach. Their short term success can never compare to Shula's long term consistency.
That was the point I was trying to make. That is all.

Agreed

Geno Smith looked really good. He's continuing to progress. Our phenomenal D-Line continued to dominate. I couldn't believe Mike Smith decided to call a run up the middle on the last play of the first half. That was just asking for trouble.

Great win that keeps us right in the hunt in the AFC East. Didn't expect a win, but did expect a close game mainly because of our defense. The offense was a nice surprise last night. Hopefully Geno continues to improve. The talent is definitely there.

I think there is a big silver lining in the Jet's win. Ok the Jets are a little better than I would admit but by getting off to a 3-2 start they will believe they have their franchise QB. I would rather face Geno the next five years than Teddy Bridgewater, Johnny Manziel or Marcus Mariota.

not one of those guys is a sure thing(especially the 2 after teddy), geno could be better than all of them.

That was funny, a 1-3 team as double digit favorite. Anyone who backed the Falcons got what they deserved. I've mentioned that betting angle countless times, to go against a home favorite with a .500 record or worse after a minimum of 4 games, if the line is -6 or higher. You get stuck with weak teams but the bonus is that the favorite is generally a fraud. Very often it's situations like this, relatively early in the season and the home favorite is still living off a reputation from the previous season or handful of seasons. But once they have established themselves as a mediocre team after a full month, the won/loss record is a bettor indicator than subjectivity.

And BTW, you've got to love the New York Jets. That ending was priceless, my third favorite team defeating the biggest creeps in the league. I knew I was going to cover the spread but it would have felt empty unless Atlanta went down again. I'm still laughing at all the Falcon fans who assumed that last's year's failure was no big deal, that they were on the brink of a Super Bowl win. Meanwhile, their key stats have always been in the reject area. No team has won more games they deserved to lose in the past few seasons than the Falcons. It's finally rounding down to where it belongs.

The Jets look like an NFL team. As I posted several weeks ago...shocking development. They have many impressive players. The premier quarterbacks in this league can pick off one team after another. When you have a second or third tier guy, nothing is guaranteed.

I think there is a big silver lining in the Jet's win. Ok the Jets are a little better than I would admit but by getting off to a 3-2 start they will believe they have their franchise QB. I would rather face Geno the next five years than Teddy Bridgewater, Johnny Manziel or Marcus Mariota.

How can you say that when none of those guys have ever played above the collegiate level? Rex hasn't even named Geno the starter for the rest of the season yet. If Geno's overall body of work at the end of this year is poor the Jets will probably draft a QB anyway.

Geno Smith looked really good. He's continuing to progress. Our phenomenal D-Line continued to dominate. I couldn't believe Mike Smith decided to call a run up the middle on the last play of the first half. That was just asking for trouble. Great win that keeps us right in the hunt in the AFC East. Didn't expect a win, but did expect a close game mainly because of our defense. The offense was a nice surprise last night. Hopefully Geno continues to improve. The talent is definitely there.
Congrats on the win! If Geno can play like that every week, the Jets actually might have a shot at the playoffs. I know that is a big IF, but I know you guys must be feeling good about Geno at 3-2.

That was funny, a 1-3 team as double digit favorite. Anyone who backed the Falcons got what they deserved. I've mentioned that betting angle countless times, to go against a home favorite with a .500 record or worse after a minimum of 4 games, if the line is -6 or higher. You get stuck with weak teams but the bonus is that the favorite is generally a fraud. Very often it's situations like this, relatively early in the season and the home favorite is still living off a reputation from the previous season or handful of seasons. But once they have established themselves as a mediocre team after a full month, the won/loss record is a bettor indicator than subjectivity.

So I take it you lost your ass on betting against San Francisco Sunday night.

Congrats on the win! If Geno can play like that every week, the Jets actually might have a shot at the playoffs. I know that is a big IF, but I know you guys must be feeling good about Geno at 3-2.

Geno's Myth had all day to throw on most every down last night. The Atlanta front 7 is a joke.

We have seen what happens when Geno's Myth gets pressured. Its not pretty. Ive seen it for years. So rarely did he face any pressure in those college games, but when he did it was a disaster. We have seen it several games in the NFL. Next week will be back to normal and Geno's Myth will turn it over some more.

Hey, when he has all day to throw he looks pretty decent though.

I live in GA and talk about some angry **** kickers. They what no part of the AFC east.

:lol::lol::lol:

Jordan should be rounding into shape right about the time we get to the Jets so Geno better enjoy his good game .

Geno's Myth had all day to throw on most every down last night. The Atlanta front 7 is a joke.

We have seen what happens when Geno's Myth gets pressured. Its not pretty. Ive seen it for years. So rarely did he face any pressure in those college games, but when he did it was a disaster. We have seen it several games in the NFL. Next week will be back to normal and Geno's Myth will turn it over some more.

Hey, when he has all day to throw he looks pretty decent though.

That is why I put the capital IF in there. I know Atlanta is struggling, but it was still a nice win for the Jets. I don't believe they can win 9 / 10 games, but I know they must feel good at 3-2 when a lot of people thought the Jets would only win 3 games all year. Before the season started, I thought they were a 6 win team. They very well still could be, but I'm now thinking 7 / 8 is a possibility.

I was really hoping Geno would throw a pick or fumble on that last drive, just so I could see if Junc would blame the loss on Geno, or if he would blame the D. :lol:

That is why I put the capital IF in there. I know Atlanta is struggling, but it was still a nice win for the Jets. I don't believe they can win 9 / 10 games, but I know they must feel good at 3-2 when a lot of people thought the Jets would only win 3 games all year. Before the season started, I thought they were a 6 win team. They very well still could be, but I'm now thinking 7 / 8 is a possibility.

I was really hoping Geno would throw a pick or fumble on that last drive, just so I could see if Junc would blame the loss on Geno, or if he would blame the D. :lol:

If we had lost the D would have blown a 13 pt lead so they would have been the primary culprit.

If we had lost the D would have blown a 13 pt lead so they would have been the primary culprit.

I agree with that. Especially since the O had scored 27 points and no turnovers. If the team only held a lead with a low score (like 13-10) and Geno had multiple turnovers in that game (including a pick 6) the primary culprit would be Geno.

I agree with that. Especially since the O had scored 27 points and no turnovers. If the team only held a lead with a low score (like 13-10) and Geno had multiple turnovers in that game (including a pick 6) the primary culprit would be Geno.

Each game and situation is different. I cannot use a blind example.

Back
Top Bottom