Jets falling apart? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets falling apart?

Miami was 1-15 in 2007 and in shambles. Miami wasn't supposed to compete in 2008 and wasn't supposed to be great in 2009 when Parcells took over. So far since his arrival(though I like to give Sparano more of the credit) he won a division title and has his team in the hunt in year two. Look at the Lions, they went 0-16(one game worse then the 07' Fins) and are off to a 1-8 start with their new regime. That is what was supposed to happen to the Dolphins last year. But it didn't.

Say what you want about Parcells and Sparano, but they took a team that BARELY won a game in 2007 to division champs in year one and a chance to repeat in year two. That is right, I said REPEAT. We are only two games back of the Patriots and it is very possible that the Sunday Night game in Miami will be fore first place.

Look at what else Parcells and Sparano have down in just two years. They are 7-3 against division opponents. Now that is impressive, and even you can't argue that.

teams get good and bad quickly. Everything broke right for you guys last year including Brady going down or you wouldn't have won the div. You did a great job winning 11 games last year but it's hard to build on that and it LOOKS like you won't win that many this year. We'll see.

7-3 in the div is very impressive.

What's 10-6? Is that decent? ok, The Jets obviously with all the talent they have cannot get above decent.

teams get good and bad quickly. Everything broke right for you guys last year including Brady going down or you wouldn't have won the div. You did a great job winning 11 games last year but it's hard to build on that and it LOOKS like you won't win that many this year. We'll see.

7-3 in the div is very impressive.
It is hard to build on that but Miami was given an extremely difficult first half schedule. I thought winning 11 games again would be very hard to do, but I didn't think 9 or even 10 wins were far fetched. Heck, it is still possible they could win that many. Miami was 5-4 at this point last season and were 6-5 at one point, and still won the division. Even with Ronnie out, wins at Carolina and Buffalo the next two weeks are not out of the question. That would put us at 6-5.

It is hard to build on that but Miami was given an extremely difficult first half schedule. I thought winning 11 games again would be very hard to do, but I didn't think 9 or even 10 wins were far fetched. Heck, it is still possible they could win that many. Miami was 5-4 at this point last season and were 6-5 at one point, and still won the division. Even with Ronnie out, wins at Carolina and Buffalo the next two weeks are not out of the question. That would put us at 6-5.

The sched wasn't easy but I think a little much is being made out of it. Indy is beatable even though thye haven't lost and you should have betaen them, Atl is good but not unbeateable, you had NO down in a trap game for them and the 4 wins you have came against teams undre .500.

It's asking alot w/ an inexperienced QB and w/ Ronnie hurt to win out which is basically what you might have to do or at worst 1 loss. you still have NE, Pitt and Houston on the sched and carolina and jax will not be easy games either. You guys have proven to be a better team so far this year by beating us twice and holding up against a slightly more difficult sched but you have a rough road ahead to get to the postseason.

What's 10-6? Is that decent? ok, The Jets obviously with all the talent they have cannot get above decent.

you act like this current team has been together for 10 years. They have played a year+ together. We have alot of young talent that is getting better. Hopefully it all comes together before the older guys really drop off but we do have 10-11-12 win talent. if we had a solid vet QB this year and were healthy i think we could have won 10-12 games. I predicted 6-7 wins b/c of the rookie QB and growing pains and that was before we lost leon and Jenkins.

BTW- As much as i hate to say it, i hope they win next week!
I don't care if we can sneak in playoff or not..
I want the Jets lose by 50...and Ryan shi t in his pants.
Thats how much I hate the Jets.

The sched wasn't easy but I think a little much is being made out of it. Indy is beatable even though thye haven't lost and you should have betaen them, Atl is good but not unbeateable, you had NO down in a trap game for them and the 4 wins you have came against teams undre .500.

It's asking alot w/ an inexperienced QB and w/ Ronnie hurt to win out which is basically what you might have to do or at worst 1 loss. you still have NE, Pitt and Houston on the sched and carolina and jax will not be easy games either. You guys have proven to be a better team so far this year by beating us twice and holding up against a slightly more difficult sched but you have a rough road ahead to get to the postseason.

yea we got 2 wins against one real crappy team

I realize reading isn't one your your strengths but i have alays acknowledge Miami has the better franchise all time. I just find it funny that you guys act like you are the Yankees of the NFL when you are just another mediocre franchise w/ only 2 SB titles and both SB wins happened more than 35 years ago.

You wouldn't have half the posts you do if the Phins were the Yankees b/c at that point you wouldn't have a chance to a say a damn thing about the Dolphins/Jets rivalry.

No one on here feels the Dolphins are the Yankees. None

The sched wasn't easy but I think a little much is being made out of it. Indy is beatable even though thye haven't lost and you should have betaen them

How can an undefeated team be defined as beatable?

Last edited by a moderator:
I realize reading isn't one your your strengths but i have alays acknowledge Miami has the better franchise all time. I just find it funny that you guys act like you are the Yankees of the NFL when you are just another mediocre franchise w/ only 2 SB titles and both SB wins happened more than 35 years ago.

ummm now you're just putting words in my mouth. I have never said we were the Yankees and I dont think any Dolphin fan was claiming that at all. Our all time winning percentage is clearly better than the Jets though. Thats just a fact dude.:up:

I really like where our organization is right now. We finally have some stability. You seem to like where your Jets are at this point as well. Thats fine.
It is funny that you are trying to make fun of our season last year. Our team went 1-15 to 11-5. Its not our fault that Brady was out for the season. Just like it wasnt anyone elses fault that Marino's had a devastating achilles tendon injury. Key injuries happen all the time.

was rex strutting around? What you guys fail to realize is most of his big talk came in the offseason.

We started out great and have stumbled. We still have a good staff, good players but we'll see if we can drag ourselves out of it.

There's a HUGE difference btw a rookie QB and a 2nd year QB even if the 2nd yr guy didn't play as a rookie. He still had a year+ to learn under a good QB.

I'd rather struggle this year and get better than have a big 1st year and get worse like mangini and Sparano.

We'll be in 1st place at this time next year.
His overloaded mouth started prior to the season and has run non stop to this date.

Sounds like your recognizing that Henne is better than Sanchez in most areas of the game.

How exactly has Sparano declined?

was rex strutting around? What you guys fail to realize is most of his big talk came in the offseason.

We started out great and have stumbled. We still have a good staff, good players but we'll see if we can drag ourselves out of it.

There's a HUGE difference btw a rookie QB and a 2nd year QB even if the 2nd yr guy didn't play as a rookie. He still had a year+ to learn under a good QB.

I'd rather struggle this year and get better than have a big 1st year and get worse like mangini and Sparano.

We'll be in 1st place at this time next year. (and then lose every game from here on out?)

whats funny is nyjunc was saying when Henne came in after Pennington got hurt that Sanchez had NFL experience because he played games and Henne didnt. This guy just constantly contradicts himself all the time. One minute its about stats, the next minute its not. Whatever favors the Jets. Hes always got some excuse or something and then he makes smart *** comments too.

I don't care if we can sneak in playoff or not..
I want the Jets lose by 50...and Ryan shi t in his pants.
Thats how much I hate the Jets.

You are quite a dolphin fan, you'd rather the jets lose than your own team make the playoffs.:rolleyes2:

You wouldn't have half the posts you do if the Phins were the Yankees b/c at that point you wouldn't have a chance to a say a damn thing about the Dolphins/Jets rivalry.

No one on here feels the Dolphins are the Yankees. None

How can an undefeated team be defined as beatable?

First off I can take any side in an argument and win:D

Second, you guys DO act like you are the Yankees of the NFL. I see so many posts about what an elite franchise you are, about winning seasons, about SBs in the 70s.

The Colts are not a great team, they do this almost every year starting out w/ a long unbeaten streak. I give them credit for winning all their games but they've had an amazing amount of luck on their side. this isn't like NE beating teams by 30 every week 2 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom