Jets get Gholston! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets get Gholston!

Jetsfan0099

Scout Team
Reaction score
Welcome to NY Vernon Gholston, lets watch you become a beast of a pass rusher. Best pass rusher in the draft, a physical freak, now we have 3 guys that can get after the QB in Calvin Pace, Bryan Thomas, Vernon Gholston. Jets defense looking stacked.

Welcome to NY Vernon Gholston, lets watch you become a beast of a pass rusher. Best pass rusher in the draft, a physical freak, now we have 3 guys that can get after the QB in Calvin Pace, Bryan Thomas, Vernon Gholston. Jets defense looking stacked.

And David Harris, who led the team along with Ellis with 5 sacks.

Good pick for the Jets, especially at a need position.

Hopefully it works out that way. The Jets pass rush was pathetic last season, a total embarrassment. Hopefully Gholston can make the jump and become a top notch pro.

Super Bowl here the Jets come! :up:

Our D was very good by the end of last season and w/ all the upgrades this offseason I have very high expectations. I think Gholston will be alot like John Abraham as a rookie, just coming in on 3rd downs to rush the passer. Hopefully he plays more than the 6 games Abe played and hopefully he has a similar impact.

I don't think we reached for him, hes a good player. Hes like Dallas Clark, except more speed. If he is consistently putting up 500-600 yards a season, it was worth it. The Giants were going to take him to replace Shockey.

Wasn't one of the huge knocks on Gholston is that he isn't concistent enough and at many times goes "missing" in games?
Coaching will solve that, hes a young player at 21 yrs old. He hasn't played a lot of football, and he still dominated in college. Had the most sacks in a season at Ohio State with 14. He will be fine.

Thrilled with the Gholston pick. Our pass rush was non existent last year, yet our pass defense held up all-right. Our secondary should be able to make alot of plays for us this year with some pressure being applied on the opposing QB. Our defense is shaping up to be pretty damn good.

I was thrilled he went to the Jets and that McFadden didn't fall to them. IMO, Gholston has the one of the biggest "Bust" probabilites of the draft. He could end up being a hall of famer, or he could end up out of the league in three or four years. A very risky player to draft. I actually lost sleep when there was talk Miami was considering taking him #1.

Back
Top Bottom