Jets get Gholston! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets get Gholston!

Same thing people thought about Mario Williams, disappears in games, took plays off, sacks came in bunches, just a work out warrior. Will see.

We'll see indeed.

Supposedly it was down to Long & Gholston for the dolphins pick

It was actually down to Chris and Jake.

Gholston is your next David Boston. A guy with a ton of upside but more focued on working out. Hell if I know....

Boston was a top WR for a few years so at worst you are saying Gholston will at least be a top pass rusher for a few years?

I think its unfair to call him a bust. Even comparing him to mario williams .mario williams played DE in college and pro.He just had to learn the pro style of playing his game. Gholston has to learn a entirely new position and when he drops into coverage or plays behind the LOS he has to learn and develop instincts to read a play and react. Its a major change on how he plays,now he has to learn that and then learn it in the pro.

for his own sake i hope the jets do not push him too hard for a year or 2 and let to reach his potential.

I think its unfair to call him a bust. Even comparing him to mario williams .mario williams played DE in college and pro.He just had to learn the pro style of playing his game. Gholston has to learn a entirely new position and when he drops into coverage or plays behind the LOS he has to learn and develop instincts to read a play and react. Its a major change on how he plays,now he has to learn that and then learn it in the pro.

for his own sake i hope the jets do not push him too hard for a year or 2 and let to reach his potential.

I think he'll be used in a similar way to how the Jets used John Abraham in 2000 as a rookie. They just brought him in on passing downs and he terrorized QBs. He didn't have to worry about anything else but rushing the QB as a rookie. Unfortunately he got hurt and only played 6 games but I see the Jets using Gholston in a similar fashion as a rookie.

I disagree.I believe Gholston starts from day 1 and is an all around player at OLB.The position he played at Ohio State was drop end,also called the "Leo".He was required on some plays to drop into coverage and run with backs out of the backfield.On other plays he rushed the passer.He is much more than a one trick pony,which is what Abraham was for all intents and purposes.

He is gonna be very,very good right from the start.There won't be much of an adjustment phase.:up:

Gholston is going to be the best player in the draft in addition he dominated the 1st pick in the draft.

Pretty savey prediction there pal, oh and how does Gholston, the 6th player drafted and the 2nd DE after Long dominate the 1st pick in the draft????

That language makes no sense. Is that why your called Deadhead?

Welcome to NY Vernon Gholston, lets watch you become a beast of a pass rusher. Best pass rusher in the draft, a physical freak, now we have 3 guys that can get after the QB in Calvin Pace, Bryan Thomas, Vernon Gholston. Jets defense looking stacked.

Todd McShay has Gholston as being the "most likely bust" among the early guys drafted. Better hope he is wrong Jet's fan. :lol:

Todd McShay has Gholston as being the "most likely bust" among the early guys drafted. Better hope he is wrong Jet's fan. :lol:

Keep laughing now because when Gholston is wreaking havoc in week 1 you won't have much to smile about......:)

By the way,two thirds of the sacks Jake Long gave up in college went to Gholston.Interesting stat I thought you might like to know.:sidelol:

That proves it. We might as well cut this guy now to save us the trouble:foundout:

Back
Top Bottom