Jets get Gholston! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets get Gholston!

He will be a good player, that is BS about him taking plays off, that was the knock on Mario Williams also. Gholston should be a star, I heard even Bill Parcells thought he was like a DeMarcus Ware type player. Fastest first step as a DE in this draft. I am happy, hes a freak of a athlete.

The player that I am most worried about being a star from a division rival is James Hardy on the Bills. I have watched him play and he is so big and so fast. Looks just like a Randy Moss. I was disgusted to see him drafted to the Bills. Gholston could be a great pass rusher too. He seems like he is a Demarcus Ware type player.

He will be a good player, that is BS about him taking plays off, that was the knock on Mario Williams also. Gholston should be a star, I heard even Bill Parcells thought he was like a DeMarcus Ware type player. Fastest first step as a DE in this draft. I am happy, hes a freak of a athlete.

Supposedly it was down to Long & Gholston for the dolphins pick so we know Parcells loved him just as he loved Calvin Pace meaning if things turned out a little different tand Pace & Gholston were in Miami we'd hear how great those 2 are going to be but instead we here what busts they will be.

Dude, noone cares.
Umm, Jets fans do, and this isn't the smack forum.

I think Gholston will fit very well with Mangini's defense. A ton of people had him dropping very low, but I think at #6 is where he should be, plus he can make an impact on that team right away.

I didn't really see McFadden going to the Jets even if he dropped there, I think Gholston may have been Mangini's target; it wouldn't make sense to have McFadden, they already have a lot of talent in the backfield with Thomas and Washington, and even though Oakland has a crowded backfield, Al Davis never makes sense.

The player that I am most worried about being a star from a division rival is James Hardy on the Bills. I have watched him play and he is so big and so fast. Looks just like a Randy Moss. I was disgusted to see him drafted to the Bills. Gholston could be a great pass rusher too. He seems like he is a Demarcus Ware type player.

Im with you on that one! Hardy is who i wanted the Jets to draft, he is going to be dangerous!

Supposedly it was down to Long & Gholston for the dolphins pick so we know Parcells loved him just as he loved Calvin Pace meaning if things turned out a little different tand Pace & Gholston were in Miami we'd hear how great those 2 are going to be but instead we here what busts they will be.

I heard on Sirrius (according Gary Myers of the NY Daily News) this morning that the Jets' draft board was:

Chris Long
McFadden
Gholston

I did not want either Chris Long or Gholston at the #1 spot. I didn't want to take a guy that is projected to change position in the pros. Its less of a concern for Gholston, but he did play mostly DE in college. Chris Long is a much better fit in a 4-3 defense at DE. I was not interested in drafting Chris Long to "try" to play OLB. I think Gholston is going to suffer in pass coverage.

From the NY Daily News:

Vernon Gholston was not the Jets' first choice to get after Pats QB Tom Brady. They wanted Virginia DE Chris Long and tried on Saturday to trade up from their No. 6 spot in the first round to St. Louis' No. 2 spot to get him.

I heard on Sirrius (according Gary Myers of the NY Daily News) this morning that the Jets' draft board was:

Chris Long
McFadden
Gholston

I did not want either Chris Long or Gholston at the #1 spot. I didn't want to take a guy that is projected to change position in the pros. Its less of a concern for Gholston, but he did play mostly DE in college. Chris Long is a much better fit in a 4-3 defense at DE. I was not interested in drafting Chris Long to "try" to play OLB. I think Gholston is going to suffer in pass coverage.

From the NY Daily News:

Vernon Gholston was not the Jets' first choice to get after Pats QB Tom Brady. They wanted Virginia DE Chris Long and tried on Saturday to trade up from their No. 6 spot in the first round to St. Louis' No. 2 spot to get him.
Chris Long is very versitile and can become another Jason Taylor except Chris has the stamina of an Aaron Kampman in the sense that he doesn't take plays off, like Jason does. Doesn't surprise me that the Jets wanted to trade up; Chris Long is going to be very special.

They still got a great pass rusher though in Vernom, and they already have Pace. Didn't the Jets have a drought of a couple of games without a single sack last season? I think they solved that problem.

I wouldn't be surprised also if we find out down the road he is a steroid user.

Now you guys are throwing out steroid accusations? :rolleyes2: Maybe he did/does use them, maybe Jason Taylor did/does use them. No positive tests have come up so why speculate? If Miami drafted him I'm sure you wouldn't have brought this up.

Don't players get tested for everything before the draft?

I believe so, that doesn't mean players aren't using. They find was around tests, I am very confident that there is as big of a performance enhancing drug problem in the NFL as there is in MLB and the other sports. W/ that said you can't single out a player to accuse just b/c he's on a team you do not like.

Now you guys are throwing out steroid accusations? :rolleyes2: Maybe he did/does use them, maybe Jason Taylor did/does use them. No positive tests have come up so why speculate? If Miami drafted him I'm sure you wouldn't have brought this up.
Check past posts, I was against drafting Gholston when there were rumors Miami was interested in him. Remember that David Boston was in the NFL for years before he failed his first test. I am not saying Gholston will, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did.

Back
Top Bottom