Jets get Ramsey. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets get Ramsey.

trate121hb said:
do u think they will draft a qb now.....the draft is getting crazier and crazier

All it does is take the pressure off. Now, if a QB (the one we want, I don't know who, but maybe Cutler) lands in our lap, we go Chad, Pat, Jay.

If they all get eaten up, we pick up D-brick and slam the offensive line back together.

Either way, don't expect us to be all down in the depths next year.

BZ

Ramsey Sucks and will be a great pickup for us in terms of playing the Jets 2 times a year. I lived in Washington for the past two years and he hasnt done anything good in those two years. The fans hated him the coach hated him and now they got a draft pick for him

finresurrection said:
Redskins | Ramsey traded for 2006 draft pick
Fri, 17 Mar 2006 12:03:40 -0800
<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/17">Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Washington Redskins have traded QB Patrick Ramsey to the New York Jets for a 2006 sixth-round pick.

And to think, the Skins initially asked for a 2nd rounder. idiots :lol:

BwanaZulia said:
Nice. Some honesty from the Phin fans.

A young, former first round QB for a 6th round pick? A steal, agreed.

BZ
Tim Couch was a 1st rounder. Ramsey hasnt shown anything special whatsoever. He may be a "steal" meaning an "average" QB but he hasnt lived up to being a 1st rounder by any stretch of the imagination. I for one am not worried. They would have been better off keeping Fielder IMO. Ramsey couldnt crack it with Washington and he wont do anything with NY IMO. The guy is a backup.

gator_sensation said:
We had to do that to get rid of Feeley
not true. this isn't the NBA where you have to match up money to make deals. we could have cut him outright and gone with a berlin or somebody off the street.

FanMarino said:
Tim Couch was a 1st rounder. Ramsey hasnt shown anything special whatsoever. He may be a "steal" meaning an "average" QB but he hasnt lived up to being a 1st rounder by any stretch of the imagination. I for one am not worried. They would have been better off keeping Fielder IMO. Ramsey couldnt crack it with Washington and he wont do anything with NY IMO. The guy is a backup.

Agreed, he is insurance (like broken Fiedler was for 8 snaps).

He will play to take the the start from Chad and hopefully that will result in Chad being better and winning out the spot.

This was not the Jets move for a starter, but for someone who could take the ball and play if needed. For a 6th? Well worth it.

BZ

Ramsey doesn't scare me the way Cutler or Leinart would if he were to go to the Jets....I think the Jets must want D'Brickashaw now.

Far from the biggest steal. However, he could turn out to be a good pickup for the Jets. However, Joe Gibbs knows qb's and word is he hated Ramsay. I think a lot of people on this board havent seen Ramsey play. I see a lot of the skins games and when he played he was a poor decision maker with a penchant for turnovers. Also, he isnt that mobile. However, he has a real nice arm and if he can improve his decision making then he will beat out Pennington. If I was a betting man, I would say he isnt going to be that good. (However, I thought Rich Gannon would be terrible forever) But that is why they play the game.

dcdolfan said:
Far from the biggest steal. However, he could turn out to be a good pickup for the Jets. However, Joe Gibbs knows qb's and word is he hated Ramsay. I think a lot of people on this board havent seen Ramsey play. I see a lot of the skins games and when he played he was a poor decision maker with a penchant for turnovers. Also, he isnt that mobile. However, he has a real nice arm and if he can improve his decision making then he will beat out Pennington. If I was a betting man, I would say he isnt going to be that good. (However, I thought Rich Gannon would be terrible forever) But that is why they play the game.

Don't the Redskins have a black QB that they drafted a couple years ago? I think this is the guy Gibbs wants to play. Can't think of the guy's name.

BwanaZulia said:
Agreed, he is insurance (like broken Fiedler was for 8 snaps).

He will play to take the the start from Chad and hopefully that will result in Chad being better and winning out the spot.

This was not the Jets move for a starter, but for someone who could take the ball and play if needed. For a 6th? Well worth it.

BZ
I cant argue with that. A 6th is a steal.Considering we got Feeley for a 2nd you are quids in. You may be getting what weve had for the last few seasons ala Fielder/Feeley/Sage. A decent backup but inconsistent. Definite depth but no fireworks.

Yep I'm just loving how the jets are killing themselves. First lets resign a QB with a bad arm, who we're paying 10,000,000 a year. Then lets trade away a 6th round pick for a kid who never showed he could get it done in Washington. Then we'll let LaMont Jordan go to the raiders and J. Sowell is released. Our best defensive player doesnt want to play for us because our doctors lied to him, and we did our best to trash his name to the media. Mighty Mouse retired. Mawae, one of the best centers in the league, yeah he left too. Trade for a TE we didnt even use last year, and let the other TE leave in free agency. Let our coach go to another team. Let Ty Law leave.

Loving it all.

What you're left that is marginally good, is an aging Curtis Martin who only played 12 games last year, and Laveraneus Coles. On Defense you've got a strong young LB in Vilma, and Kimo von Oelhoffen who was acquired in free agency.

Now help me understand what they are doing to improve an offense that was last in the AFC (31st in the NFL behind SF) and a Defense that was 29th against the run?

dkenned1 said:
Loving it all.

You are missing up a few years in there. Lamont was let go last year, Chad signed the deal two years ago and we just (today) picked up Ramsey.

If we need to look back at bad trades together, I don't think Dolphin fans should be too critical.

BZ

dkenned1 said:
Yep I'm just loving how the jets are killing themselves. First lets resign a QB with a bad arm, who we're paying 10,000,000 a year. Then lets trade away a 6th round pick for a kid who never showed he could get it done in Washington. Then we'll let LaMont Jordan go to the raiders and J. Sowell is released. Our best defensive player doesnt want to play for us because our doctors lied to him, and we did our best to trash his name to the media. Mighty Mouse retired. Mawae, one of the best centers in the league, yeah he left too. Trade for a TE we didnt even use last year, and let the other TE leave in free agency. Let our coach go to another team. Let Ty Law leave.

Loving it all.

What you're left that is marginally good, is an aging Curtis Martin who only played 12 games last year, and Laveraneus Coles. On Defense you've got a strong young LB in Vilma, and Kimo von Oelhoffen who was acquired in free agency.

Now help me understand what they are doing to improve an offense that was last in the AFC (31st in the NFL behind SF) and a Defense that was 29th against the run?

Are you kidding me!!??
They just landed Patrick Ramsey. Their savior. :wink:

This is a great move for Jets in my opinion...They would be hard pressed to find a QB w/ this talent in the 6th round.

Ramsey looked very promising his first two seasons ( more so than Harrington and Carr...both drafted the same year )...He stumbled when Gibbs came to town...

I'm telling you...I think teams ( i.e. Detroit, Arizona, Oakland, etc ) were foolish not to get this guy for 5th or 6th rounder.

He is as good as David Carr in my opinion....

I have watched a lot of Skins games and he can be awesome at times...Gibbs is a fan of QB's that don't turn the ball over and Ramsey has not matured to that point yet...

Good move jets :(

Back
Top Bottom