Jets get Ramsey. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets get Ramsey.

BwanaZulia said:
Nice. Some honesty from the Phin fans.

A young, former first round QB for a 6th round pick? A steal, agreed.

BZ

We get the edge for a proven 3-time pro bowl QB. Plain and simple.

If it weren't a 100% certain that the Redskins were going to have to release Ramsey anyway (and soon).....then I could see this called a steal....but they just signed another QB so they had Brunell, Campbell and Collins besides Ramsey.....he wouldn't have lasted the weekend IMO.

But, since the price was only a 6th rounder, it's not like the Jets paid too much.

This is fantastic news. This means no Young, Leinert, or Cutler for the Jets. New Orleans falling out of the race for one of the three due to signing Brees was the last thing worrying me about the Culpepper trade fallout. So now who the Jets draft at the 4 spot?

Adam First said:
We get the edge for a proven 3-time pro bowl QB. Plain and simple.

For a second and he is your starter. We still have Chad and the draft to figure out all of our QB issues.

Dante could be a great move if he can play without Moss (6 TDs, 12 Ints in 2005), learn a new system and come back from injury.

BZ

Despacio said:
This is fantastic news. This means no Young, Leinert, or Cutler for the Jets. New Orleans falling out of the race for one of the three due to signing Brees was the last thing worrying me about the Culpepper trade fallout. So now who the Jets draft at the 4 spot?

Cutler.

Pennington
Ramsey
Cutler
- bye bye Bollinger

BZ

burger13 said:
If it weren't a 100% certain that the Redskins were going to have to release Ramsey anyway (and soon).....then I could see this called a steal....but they just signed another QB so they had Brunell, Campbell and Collins besides Ramsey.....he wouldn't have lasted the weekend IMO.

But, since the price was only a 6th rounder, it's not like the Jets paid too much.

If Ramsey were to get cut you would risk having to compete for his services...

6th round picks = special teams hopefuls...

Ramsey = potential answer at QB for next 6 years...

no brainer IMO

BwanaZulia said:
For a second and he is your starter. We still have Chad and the draft to figure out all of our QB issues.

Dante could be a great move if he can play without Moss (6 TDs, 12 Ints in 2005), learn a new system and come back from injury.

BZ

I like the Ramsey move...But he is not as good as Culpepper with or without Moss...

BwanaZulia said:
For a second and he is your starter.

That's a good thing.

BwanaZulia said:
We still have Chad

That's not a good thing

BwanaZulia said:
and the draft to figure out all of our QB issues.

That's a good thing

BwanaZulia said:
BZ

He has proven he can play w/o Moss (large part of '04).....but he can't play with NO help (see 2005). he won't have to learn a new system...Linehan installed the system and it's staying - so he should need little adjustment. The injury is the only real concern, but if RB, Willis Mcgahee can recover to full strength, than why can't a QB. Better than a QB with a bum shoulder, no?

BwanaZulia said:
Agreed, he is insurance (like broken Fiedler was for 8 snaps).

He will play to take the the start from Chad and hopefully that will result in Chad being better and winning out the spot.

This was not the Jets move for a starter, but for someone who could take the ball and play if needed. For a 6th? Well worth it.

BZ

It was a good move for the jETS. Ramsey throws a decent ball but he needs to read defenses better. I don't think he will lead them anywhere special but he is a significant improvement over Pennington. I can't believe how much hype Pennington gets. He is absolutely garbage. His arm is shot (even Fiedler has more strength) and he is destined to be a career backup. I think the Jets would be wise to draft a QB, develop him, and let Ramsey start.

BwanaZulia said:

BZ

He's playing in the EXACT same system here(installed by former viking coordinator Linehan)...

And in 2004 (his best year) moss played hurt most the year and even missed a lot of games too.

Louis Oliver said:
If Ramsey were to get cut you would risk having to compete for his services...

6th round picks = special teams hopefuls...

Ramsey = potential answer at QB for next 6 years...

no brainer IMO

that's kinda what I said...........but others were calling it a steal......I refuse to call trading anything for a player who was going to be released a 'steal'....not to mention that by all reports, the Jets were bidding against themselves.

Roman529 said:
Don't the Redskins have a black QB that they drafted a couple years ago? I think this is the guy Gibbs wants to play. Can't think of the guy's name.
Yup! Jason Campbell. That is why I dont think Ramsey is a steal. The Redskins gave up some serious draft choices to get Campbell. They wouldnt do that if they thought Ramsey was any good. I have seen Ramsey play quite a bit and I dont think he is special. But I am not gonna diss the Jets, b/c considering what they have done in Free Agency this year, I would be happy with signing him also.

BwanaZulia said:
Nice. Some honesty from the Phin fans.

A young, former first round QB for a 6th round pick? A steal, agreed.

BZ

A steal?

No, a steal is getting a 2 time Pro Bowl QB in his prime for a 2nd.

And let's not be so dramatic. It's Patrick Ramsey, not Tom Brady.

Just because he's a QB, doesn't make him Yoda.

Back
Top Bottom