Jets Patriots game thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Patriots game thread

Well the Jets sure haven't gotten any better on offense, at least not yet. Didn't see their game against the Bucs, but Geno still hasn't faced a particularly good pass defense. He ran into most of his sacks tonight, and every INT was either a bad decision or a terrible throw. Hill and Gates are awful, and Holmes is still trying to get back into form. Geno had a couple stretches of good play, but he looks raw, and playing with so little help may erode one of his best qualities, his confidence.

Ivory looked good running the ball, but without a consistent passing game it doesn't matter much. Their backs are not skilled enough to carry the offense.

Some jest fans could argue that a healthy Kerley would have made the difference - but no Vereen, Gronk and/or Amendola trumps that x3.

Some jest fans could argue that a healthy Kerley would have made the difference - but no Vereen, Gronk and/or Amendola trumps that x3.

The announcers were spot on regarding this. The Pats don't care how ugly their wins are right now. By midseason they will have all of those guys back, and hopefully a couple of the rookie receivers will figure their crap out and get on the same page as Brady. Then they will be scary once more.

Are we watching the same game? Smith looks awful out there. I'm watching totally inept football on both sides of the field and Smith is one of the main reasons.

How so? He had a couple stupid rookie decisions but his WRs are horrible. For the most part he was decent. There certainly a lot of poor route running and miscommunication but he showed some decent moments on the field. First game on the road, at the hated Pats, terrible weather. Add all that up and wht did you expect?

As I said before, i thought he definitely showed a lot more confidence and composure than Sanchez.

Last edited by a moderator:
How so? He had a couple stupid rookie decisions but his WRs are horrible. For the most part he was decent. There certainly a lot of poor route running and miscommunication but he showed some decent moments on the field. First game on the road, at the hated Pats, terrible weather. Add all that up and wht did you expect? As I said before, i thought he definitely showed a lot more confidence and composure than Sanchez.
I thought for the most part he was bad, so I guess that's our point of contention. He had a few good throws, but even some of his completions were just bad throws, most notably that rainbow where #37 played the ball so poorly that Hill was able to come down with what looked almost like an angled punt.

I don't know, the more I see of Smith (and admittedly I have nothing to go on but his college games, preseason, and now 2 weeks of pro action), the more I wonder what the Jets personnel department saw in the guy. His arm doesn't jump out at me, he handles pressure about as poorly as Blaine Gabbert, and he makes bonehead decisions. He threw a lot of wobblers tonight. Even one of those 2 throws Mike Mayock pointed out as his two good first half plays, I thought the throw itself was just plain bad; Hill was wide open and had to go to the ground to get it because it wobbled and died in the air.

I thought for the most part he was bad, so I guess that's our point of contention. He had a few good throws, but even some of his completions were just bad throws, most notably that rainbow where #37 played the ball so poorly that Hill was able to come down with what looked almost like an angled punt.

I don't know, the more I see of Smith (and admittedly I have nothing to go on but his college games, preseason, and now 2 weeks of pro action), the more I wonder what the Jets personnel department saw in the guy. His arm doesn't jump out at me, he handles pressure about as poorly as Blaine Gabbert, and he makes bonehead decisions. He threw a lot of wobblers tonight. Even one of those 2 throws Mike Mayock pointed out as his two good first half plays, I thought the throw itself was just plain bad; Hill was wide open and had to go to the ground to get it because it wobbled and died in the air.

Agreed. Thought he had some poor throws and no question he crapped the bed in the 4th. No doubt he won't succeed without more talent around him.

To be honest, the wobblers are the one thing I'd be most concerned about with Geno going forward. With experience and coaching he can get better at keeping his eyes downfield and going through his progression, and making good decisions. But when he throws the ball, it seems to die on him a lot. I know the weather wasn't that great, but he does play in New York... I would be real concerned about that.

While that game was completely ugly last night, you have to smile at a few things. 1) Brady's temper tantrums at his WR's (anytime you can get him flustered, he's useless); 2) Jets while better on D, still have a LONG way to go before fixing their offense. ; 3) Maybe a few fines/suspensions for last nights fights, cheap shots, shoving the refs, etc.; 4) These teams will absolutely kill each other the next time they see each other.

While that game was completely ugly last night, you have to smile at a few things. 1) Brady's temper tantrums at his WR's (anytime you can get him flustered, he's useless); 2) Jets while better on D, still have a LONG way to go before fixing their offense. ; 3) Maybe a few fines/suspensions for last nights fights, cheap shots, shoving the refs, etc.; 4) These teams will absolutely kill each other the next time they see each other.

Yeah, I was kinda hoping the brawl would have gotten worse than it did. Both teams lose 5 or so player for next week. That would have been funny as hell.

So much for the BS about the jest not having their "starting" QB as a counter-argument to NE missing just about every primary offensive weapon but Edelman:

From PFT:
Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez says he won the quarterback competition with Geno Smith, and only a shoulder injury prevented him from remaining the team’s starting quarterback. But the man who had final say on who won the quarterback competition didn’t see it that way.

Jets coach Rex Ryan decided told reporters today that he never declared Sanchez the winner.

“Well, I never said he won the competition. I didn’t say that,” Ryan said.

Back
Top Bottom