Jets signed Austrailian Rugby Player | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets signed Austrailian Rugby Player

He did call plays in '06 but he has never beena fullt ime OC, I have said it from the beginning. I don't know what to expect out of our offense as a whole but I do expect to run the ball better and protect the passer better, we'll see. I'm more concerned w/ getting our D back among the elite than I am w/ the offense.

A lot of people are quick to point out that Dallas had a top 5 O with Sparano in response to those who question the hire. I don't think that means much since he didn't run the O by himself and has never been a full time OC.

The same could have been said about Haley before he went to AZ, but Haley went on to run a top 5 O with AZ before becoming a head coach. Sparano was never a full time OC and the Dolphins highest offensive ranking in his 4 years here was 12th. Other teams D would talk about how predictable the O was and how they knew what plays were coming. That doesn't mean much either since he was a head coach and not an OC with the Dolphins, but I think it is just as valid of an argument as those who will argue that he ran a top 5 O in Dal.

You have said the correct response to the hire before, which is I don't know. I don't think anyone does.

2 of the last 3 years the Jets advanced the furthest in the playoffs and were the best team in the division. last year we took a step back but most of the pieces are still in place. NE will always win the div as long as Brady is in there but we are better built for playoff success. Anything can happen w/ teams 2-4 in the div but the track record tells us the Jets are significantly better than the other two. Remember, the Jets had a bad season and still finished 2 games ahead of both teams, don't expect a 2nd bad season in a row. Not w/ this talent and coaching.

Really? How many AFC East titles do the Jets have? You're joking right? The Jets biggest success is losing two back to back Championship games and failing to get to or even lose one Super Bowl. You should be happy with that for another 42 years. Do you have any understanding that the Jets managment isn't even worried about football anymore, they are more concerned with Front page stories, second rate QB's and loud mouth coaches. The Jets are on their way to a 6-10 season, enjoy.

Really? How many AFC East titles do the Jets have? You're joking right? The Jets biggest success is losing two back to back Championship games and failing to get to or even lose one Super Bowl. You should be happy with that for another 42 years. Do you have any understanding that the Jets managment isn't even worried about football anymore, they are more concerned with Front page stories, second rate QB's and loud mouth coaches. The Jets are on their way to a 6-10 season, enjoy.

Who cares about AFC East titles? ask BB and Brady iof they would trade those div titles for multiple chances to reach the SB.

2009 advanced TWO rounds further than NE
2010 beat up NE in NE in the div rd

Who cares about AFC East titles? ask BB and Brady iof they would trade those div titles for multiple chances to reach the SB.

Wow, as a Jet fan you have so little to be happy about that you create wins out of failuers to wave your pom-poms at.:lol: Here are the facts, since 2000, the PAtriots are 17-9 against the jets including 1-1 in the playoffs. The Patriots are 3-2 in the Super bowls, the jets 0 for, the Patriiots are 5-1 in AFC Championship games, the Jets are 0-2. You can pretend all you like, heck if I was a Jet fan I would be wearing a tinfoil hat just like most of them, but the reality is if the best you can do is hang your hat on loses in big games as something to be proud of, then you prove my point for me. :3w:

Who cares about 2 AFCC game losses? We are not talking about the chance to reach the Super Bowl, we are talking about 2 losses in those games. We already know the results of those games. If I didn;t know what was going to happen, as a fan I would much rather have the thrill of watching my team advance and have a chance at going to the Super Bowl than to have an AFCE title. But if I am just looking back, knowing it was going to be a loss either way, I'll take the division title.

Just curious, do you think the Broncos were better than the Steelers since they advanced further in the playoffs?

for starters, Rex Ryan

for starters, Rex Ryan

You won't see him around here for awhile, like most Jet fans he wants to talk crap before his team has done anything worthy of crowing about. I have no problems with any other fans from our division, I even don't mind seeing the Bills and Fins do well when it doesn't impact the Pats, but Jet fans are a the worst. They act like their team has been at the top of the NFL because they won a single SuperBowl 43 years ago, when it wasn't even called the Super Bowl. Too funny.

Wow, as a Jet fan you have so little to be happy about that you create wins out of failuers to wave your pom-poms at.:lol: Here are the facts, since 2000, the PAtriots are 17-9 against the jets including 1-1 in the playoffs. The Patriots are 3-2 in the Super bowls, the jets 0 for, the Patriiots are 5-1 in AFC Championship games, the Jets are 0-2. You can pretend all you like, heck if I was a Jet fan I would be wearing a tinfoil hat just like most of them, but the reality is if the best you can do is hang your hat on loses in big games as something to be proud of, then you prove my point for me. :3w:

Awesome, where have I debated the Jets have been anywhere near NE since 2000? but in recent years they have been and advanced further in 2 of the last 3 seasons. The Jets have more playoff wins(double the amount) than NE in the last 3 years and whipped NE at NE in the div rd.

Who cares about 2 AFCC game losses? We are not talking about the chance to reach the Super Bowl, we are talking about 2 losses in those games. We already know the results of those games. If I didn;t know what was going to happen, as a fan I would much rather have the thrill of watching my team advance and have a chance at going to the Super Bowl than to have an AFCE title. But if I am just looking back, knowing it was going to be a loss either way, I'll take the division title.

Just curious, do you think the Broncos were better than the Steelers since they advanced further in the playoffs?

One year, one game can be a fluke but back to back years? and the Jets didn't need OT at home to beat NE, they beat them pretty handily on the road in the div rd.

I'd rather earna WC spot and make the title game than win the div and lose my first game. I don't know anyone associated w/ a team who would say otherwise.

for starters, Rex Ryan

So you think rex would rather win a div title ad lose his first playoff game than have a chance to play one game for the SB? We all want the div title but if you lose your first game what is the point?

You won't see him around here for awhile, like most Jet fans he wants to talk crap before his team has done anything worthy of crowing about. I have no problems with any other fans from our division, I even don't mind seeing the Bills and Fins do well when it doesn't impact the Pats, but Jet fans are a the worst. They act like their team has been at the top of the NFL because they won a single SuperBowl 43 years ago, when it wasn't even called the Super Bowl. Too funny.

Some guy who just started posting after NE made the SB is saying I won't be around? come on.

Apparently you don't remember all the SB titles NE was winning pre Brady.

Awesome, where have I debated the Jets have been anywhere near NE since 2000? but in recent years they have been and advanced further in 2 of the last 3 seasons. The Jets have more playoff wins(double the amount) than NE in the last 3 years and whipped NE at NE in the div rd.

One year, one game can be a fluke but back to back years? and the Jets didn't need OT at home to beat NE, they beat them pretty handily on the road in the div rd.

I'd rather earna WC spot and make the title game than win the div and lose my first game. I don't know anyone associated w/ a team who would say otherwise.

So you think rex would rather win a div title ad lose his first playoff game than have a chance to play one game for the SB? We all want the div title but if you lose your first game what is the point?

Some guy who just started posting after NE made the SB is saying I won't be around? come on.

Apparently you don't remember all the SB titles NE was winning pre Brady.

I do, and by getting there it was two more times than the Jets have been in the last 43 years before Brady came along. Hang on to the playoff win buddy, hope it keeps you warm, you've got some rough road ahead with the future N. Y. Jests.

I do, and by getting there it was two more times than the Jets have been in the last 43 years before Brady came along. Hang on to the playoff win buddy, hope it keeps you warm, you've got some rough road ahead with the future N. Y. Jests.

yes it will be really rough w/ a team comprised of mostly in their prime players but NE will be fine in 3-4 years when Brady is at the end of his career. Fans like you will disappear when Brady is gone.

Lightning can and does strike twice sometimes.

Pretty handily is a little strong for a 7 point win. I know you are going to say NE scored late to make it a 7 point game. It was a 3 point game at the start of the 4th, and the Jets only had the 14 point lead from the onside kick that was returned to the 20 which was also late in the game. It was a close game.

What does a team have to show for an AFCC loss? I know there is the thrill of the fans watching the journey, but if you know you are going to lose and don't get to watch it play out, what do you have to show for it? What is the difference between the 15-1 Packers of last year and the 2009 / 2010 Jets? Both got knocked out of the playoffs, but only 1 team actually has something to show for the season.

yes it will be really rough w/ a team comprised of mostly in their prime players but NE will be fine in 3-4 years when Brady is at the end of his career. Fans like you will disappear when Brady is gone.

You're about to see just how in their prime those players are, it all falls apart this year. :chuckle: Also if I can live through Tommy Hodson, I can deal with whoever comes after Brady. You can call me crazy, but as long as Kraft owns the team the rest of to division will always have something to be worried about.

You're about to see just how in their prime those players are, it all falls apart this year. :chuckle: Also if I can live through Tommy Hodson, I can deal with whoever comes after Brady. You can call me crazy, but as long as Kraft owns the team the rest of to division will always have something to be worried about.

I'm worried about those two 1st round picks and moving up for a Barkley in 2013 as Brady's replacement and essentially becoming the Green Bay of the AFC East with two back to back franchise QB's.

The talking heads keep blasting NE for not using the picks but I think those two picks are all about succession plan and the right opportunity. This year was not the right opportunity but next year, ya never know.

I'm worried about those two 1st round picks and moving up for a Barkley in 2013 as Brady's replacement and essentially becoming the Green Bay of the AFC East with two back to back franchise QB's.

The talking heads keep blasting NE for not using the picks but I think those two picks are all about succession plan and the right opportunity. This year was not the right opportunity but next year, ya never know.

It really depends on what they think of Ryan Mallet, he has all the tools physically, if his head comes around in a few years of backing up Brady they could already have the next Franchise QB. God knows the kids arm is like gold, and if he hadn't had partying problem in college most scouts had him as the top QB in last years draft, even ahead of Newton.

Lightning can and does strike twice sometimes.

Pretty handily is a little strong for a 7 point win. I know you are going to say NE scored late to make it a 7 point game. It was a 3 point game at the start of the 4th, and the Jets only had the 14 point lead from the onside kick that was returned to the 20 which was also late in the game. It was a close game.

What does a team have to show for an AFCC loss? I know there is the thrill of the fans watching the journey, but if you know you are going to lose and don't get to watch it play out, what do you have to show for it? What is the difference between the 15-1 Packers of last year and the 2009 / 2010 Jets? Both got knocked out of the playoffs, but only 1 team actually has something to show for the season.

Fluke runs can happen but back to back fluke runs do not happen. At some point you have to give them credit.

The jets controlled that game almost from the start. The jets led by 11 at the half and until late in the 3rd, as soon as NE scored and got the 2 pt conversion to cut it to 3 the jets then went 75 yards in 2:13 to extend it back to a 10 pt lead. The Jets were in control of that game almost from start to finish, don't let a garbage time late drive confuse that.

The Jets '10 season was better than GB's '11 b/c the Jets played for the right to go to the SB and GB didn't. You don't get a banner but I will take a title game app over a div title and loss in first playoff game any season. The goal is to get to the SB and win it, you can't do that w/o first getting to a conf title game.

Kraft owned the team in '00 and the beginning of '01, right? BB was the coach, right? NE is ALL about Brady. I think Kraft is a great owner but Brady's don't come along very often, you'll see soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom