Jets signed Austrailian Rugby Player | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets signed Austrailian Rugby Player

I know I already touched on it, but the negative press the Jets keep getting for their moves reminds me exactly of what the Patriots went through after the 09 season ended. When they didn't sign any big names in FA and elected to re-sign their own players people said that they weren't trying to get better. I remember when they signed Algie Crumpler and the cynics though that was BB's answer to addressing the TE position and that he had lost it.

I know I already touched on it, but the negative press the Jets keep getting for their moves reminds me exactly of what the Patriots went through after the 09 season ended. When they didn't sign any big names in FA and elected to re-sign their own players people said that they weren't trying to get better. I remember when they signed Algie Crumpler and the cynics though that was BB's answer to addressing the TE position and that he had lost it.

The Jets have taken care of a bunch of their own in recent years(Revis, Brick, Mangold, Sanchez, Harris,...), they have other guys coming up like Keller and Greene. You don't need to make big moves every year, they haven't really made any big $ FA signings since Calvin Pace in '08. We have holes w/o a doubt but we don't have too many and I think it's foolish to dismiss this team. I don't think people would if Sanchez didn't play so poorly late but b/c he didn't take a step forward in year 3 that makes people question the team. mark has been a better QB through 3 years than the suddenly "great" Eli manning, it's silly to give up on a guy that has had as much success as he has. He's been very inconsistent w/o a doubt but he's helped the Jets win a ton of games.

Light is probably gone but they drafted his replacement last year and he had a very good season. They also have Sebastian Vollmer coming back 100% and he's been an excellent tackle since he joined the league. Waters may or may not retire but Connolly played well at RG back in 2010. They also signed Gallery who's a serviceable guard and they have arguably the best OL coach in the league. They have the depth and coaching to handle turnover on the line.

The pass rush as it stands now is a major hole. Carter's apparently almost recovered and they have some young players who have potential but I definitely want them to address the position in FA and the draft. They have the means to do so so I'm not worried.

:err: Partying during the offseason and making a Tebow joke makes a player unstable now? How was making the that Tebow comment any worse or disrespectful than Revis calling BB a jerk? Gronk is 22 years old; he hasn't done anything illegal and while he seems immature off the field he's been a professional on the field and in the locker room ever since he joined the team. He hasn't done anything worse than what players, especially young players, do during the offseason.

the 08 team was not "immeensely more talented." they had no oline depth, poor RT play all season, no receiving threat outside of Welker and Moss and most of the defense was on their last legs. Bruschi and Vrabel were done, Warren was plagued by injuries all season and Delth O'neal was the single worst corner to ever wear a Patriots uniform. That team had no pass rush to speak of and couldn't make plays at key moments in the game. I'll gladly take the 2010 and '11 Patriots' teams over the 08 squad. Not even a question.

I'm not saying your OL will suck but you have question marks w/ one of your best OL retiring.

Gronkowski clearly isn't all there upstairs. yes saying he would take Tebow's virginity is much worse than revis calling BB a jerk.

'08 had Randy Moss still trying, that alone made the '08 O more talented. As great as the TEs are they aren't the threats randy Moss was. if Brady QB'd that '08 team they would ahve won around 14 games and probably won the SB since they always beat Pitt when it mattered and they would have have beaten Ari.

Back
Top Bottom