Jets signed Austrailian Rugby Player | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets signed Austrailian Rugby Player

Fluke runs can happen but back to back fluke runs do not happen. At some point you have to give them credit.

The jets controlled that game almost from the start. The jets led by 11 at the half and until late in the 3rd, as soon as NE scored and got the 2 pt conversion to cut it to 3 the jets then went 75 yards in 2:13 to extend it back to a 10 pt lead. The Jets were in control of that game almost from start to finish, don't let a garbage time late drive confuse that.

The Jets '10 season was better than GB's '11 b/c the Jets played for the right to go to the SB and GB didn't. You don't get a banner but I will take a title game app over a div title and loss in first playoff game any season. The goal is to get to the SB and win it, you can't do that w/o first getting to a conf title game.

Kraft owned the team in '00 and the beginning of '01, right? BB was the coach, right? NE is ALL about Brady. I think Kraft is a great owner but Brady's don't come along very often, you'll see soon enough.

Sure a Brady only comes around once a life time, you should know because the Jets never had one in their entire history. That said that Kraft did a pretty good job of keeping the Pats in the Hunt and getting to a Super Bowl well before Brady and B.B. The team also did pretty good job developing a QB that never played a down of college football and got them to an 11 win season when Brady went down. Heck it's hard for the Jets to get to an 11 win season with their 1st round pick starting QB.:chuckle: Wouldn't it just be Jets fans luck if the Pats already have Brady's replacement and future franchise QB already on there roster? Wouldn't that be just :lol:

Sure a Brady only comes around once a life time, you should know because the Jets never had one in their entire history. That said that Kraft did a pretty good job of keeping the Pats in the Hunt and getting to a Super Bowl well before Brady and B.B. The team also did pretty good job developing a QB that never played a down of college football and got them to an 11 win season when Brady went down. Heck it's hard for the Jets to get to an 11 win season with their 1st round pick starting QB.:chuckle: Wouldn't it just be Jets fans luck if the Pats already have Brady's replacement and future franchise QB already on there roster? Wouldn't that be just :lol:

he made the great decision to hire Parcells who dragged the team out of laughingstock status(as he did for us and the Giants) but NE was getting worse every year until Brady rescued that franchise.

NE was 16-0 in 2007 so they had some talent for Cassell to work w/ in an easy division and a down yar in the league in 2008.

Ryan Mallett may be a good QB, he's no Tom Brady and we whipped NE w/ Brady in the playoffs so Mallett doesn't scare me in the least. When Brady is gone NE's reign will be over.

he made the great decision to hire Parcells who dragged the team out of laughingstock status(as he did for us and the Giants) but NE was getting worse every year until Brady rescued that franchise.

NE was 16-0 in 2007 so they had some talent for Cassell to work w/ in an easy division and a down yar in the league in 2008.

Ryan Mallett may be a good QB, he's no Tom Brady and we whipped NE w/ Brady in the playoffs so Mallett doesn't scare me in the least. When Brady is gone NE's reign will be over.

You know I could almost feel bad for you holding on to that single win as your only moment, until I remember that you're a Jet fan, lowest creatures on the planet next to Eagle fans. The reality is that it is Kraft that will keep this team in the hunt, sure there will be ups and downs along the way but Patriot fans can rest easy knowing that wining is number one to the Kraft Family, not just one year, but being in the hunt every year. Talent comes and goes, but having a owner like Kraft and not Woody Johnson lasts a life time. :lol:

You know I could almost feel bad for you holding on to that single win as your only moment, until I remember that you're a Jet fan, lowest creatures on the planet next to Eagle fans. The reality is that it is Kraft that will keep this team in the hunt, sure there will be ups and downs along the way but Patriot fans can rest easy knowing that wining is number one to the Kraft Family, not just one year, but being in the hunt every year. Talent comes and goes, but having a owner like Kraft and not Woody Johnson lasts a life time. :lol:

It's not like I am discussing a game from 20 years ago, it was a year ago this january.

All fanbases have their idiots, the worst fans I have ever seen at a game was when the jets whipped NE in Foxboro in 2000.

4,5,6,7 years ago I could deal w/ the elitist Pats attitude b/c you earned it but you had 2 playoff wins in the last 4 seasons(half the amount we have) so the dynasty is long dead.

Kraft has done a great job but when Brady leaves we'll see how much they keep winning. The Pats success has been all about #12.

Woody is the owner of the team that has double the amount of Pats playoff wins in the last 4 seasons

It's not like I am discussing a game from 20 years ago, it was a year ago this january.

All fanbases have their idiots, the worst fans I have ever seen at a game was when the jets whipped NE in Foxboro in 2000.

4,5,6,7 years ago I could deal w/ the elitist Pats attitude b/c you earned it but you had 2 playoff wins in the last 4 seasons(half the amount we have) so the dynasty is long dead.

Kraft has done a great job but when Brady leaves we'll see how much they keep winning. The Pats success has been all about #12.

Woody is the owner of the team that has double the amount of Pats playoff wins in the last 4 seasons

As well as the owner of a team that hasn't been to a Super Bowl in the last 43 years:chuckle: much less win one. You can have more playoff wins in the last 4 seasons, I'll take the 5 Super Bowls in the last 11 years and three wins, not to mention six AFC Championship games with 5 wins, but no you enjoy getting there twice and failing. We'll be watching the Jets fall apart this year, be honest, you know deep down inside it's coming.

As well as the owner of a team that hasn't been to a Super Bowl in the last 43 years:chuckle: much less win one. You can have more playoff wins in the last 4 seasons, I'll take the 5 Super Bowls in the last 11 years and three wins, not to mention six AFC Championship games with 5 wins, but no you enjoy getting there twice and failing. We'll be watching the Jets fall apart this year, be honest, you know deep down inside it's coming.

In Woody's defense it's only been 11 years for him:lol:

I'd take your recent history too but enjoy it while you have it, Tom Brady's don't come along often and it will be back to the pre-Parcells years for you guys.

In Woody's defense it's only been 11 years for him:lol:

I'd take your recent history too but enjoy it while you have it, Tom Brady's don't come along often and it will be back to the pre-Parcells years for you guys.

If that helps you sleep at night then feel free, but then Jets fans have been telling us every year since 01 that the Pats were done. For some it's all B.B, and Brady is nothing more than a system QB, others like you, say it's all Brady, still others blame god:lol2:. None of it matters because Kraft has built an "organization", and not even Brady is bigger than that. It's unlikely that the Patriots will ever have a QB as good as him again, but I'm sorry to inform you that under Kraft, they will never be the joke of the league the Jets have been and continue to be. Hey you don't have to belive me, if you can't see the writing on the Jets wall for this up-coming season then that's on you, but at least at the end of it you'll get to start all over, new coach, new GM, same old same old for the N.Y. Jets.

If that helps you sleep at night then feel free, but then Jets fans have been telling us every year since 01 that the Pats were done. For some it's all B.B, and Brady is nothing more than a system QB, others like you, say it's all Brady, still others blame god:lol2:. None of it matters because Kraft has built an "organization", and not even Brady is bigger than that. It's unlikely that the Patriots will ever have a QB as good as him again, but I'm sorry to inform you that under Kraft, they will never be the joke of the league the Jets have been and continue to be. Hey you don't have to belive me, if you can't see the writing on the Jets wall for this up-coming season then that's on you, but at least at the end of it you'll get to start all over, new coach, new GM, same old same old for the N.Y. Jets.

Football doesn't help me sleep or fail to sleep at night.

Brady IS the Patriots, BB was a complete failure as a HC w/o him. Kraft and BB have done great jobs but w/o #12 the history of the pats would be completely different right now. Kraft ran BP out of town and got lucky that they got Brady or BB would have been fired sooner rather than later.

How are the Jets the joke of the league? and when have they been that under Woody's ownership?

we'll suck this year, a disaster of a season at 8-8 tells us that much. :lol: I can sense the fear, I'm sure you thought NE would roll over the Jets in the '10 playoffs too.

we'll suck this year, a disaster of a season at 8-8 tells us that much. :lol: I can sense the fear, I'm sure you thought NE would roll over the Jets in the '10 playoffs too.[/QUOTE]

Have you been paying attention to the Jets this off season or have you been spending all your time focused on the Patriots? The Jets extend Dirty Tacco boy making him near impossible to cut over the next two seasons while at the same time bringing in the distraction of all distractions in TEBLOW to help Tacco further pee down his own leg. Hows that RT situation working itself out? Or safety, or O-line depth in general? How's that RB spot looking? Pass rush? In fact the jEts have done little to nothing to fill the major holes they have all over their roster, then again what could they do when their moron GM blew the cap two years ago with guarantees to players that are now useless and can't be cut. Bart Scott, or Wayne Hunter anyone? Pretend all you like, the season is coming soon enough.

Have you been paying attention to the Jets this off season or have you been spending all your time focused on the Patriots? The Jets extend Dirty Tacco boy making him near impossible to cut over the next two seasons while at the same time bringing in the distraction of all distractions in TEBLOW to help Tacco further pee down his own leg. Hows that RT situation working itself out? Or safety, or O-line depth in general? How's that RB spot looking? Pass rush? In fact the jEts have done little to nothing to fill the major holes they have all over their roster, then again what could they do when their moron GM blew the cap two years ago with guarantees to players that are now useless and can't be cut. Bart Scott, or Wayne Hunter anyone? Pretend all you like, the season is coming soon enough.

GREAT move to extend our QB who has helped us reach 2 title games in 3 seasons in the league. If, for some reason, he plays more like '11 than '10 they can cut him w/ less cap ramifications than before.

tebow will help thios offense, he is not coming here as a QB but he will be a weapon for this O- how is it a bad thing to add another weapon/

The draft hasn't happened yet, remember that we beat you and made a title game w/ Wayne Hunter starting at RT. I hope he isn't starting and I doubt he will but should we have overpaid for a RT in FA? let the offseason play out.

At S we have Landry, Smith and we will likely re-sign Leonhard plus I expect it to be addressed in the draft.

RB looks fine, w/ a terrible OL last year shonn Greene averaged 4.2 YPC, he's no Danny Woodhead but we'll be ok.

The jets don't have any MAJOR holes, yes we could use another WR, could use a RT, could use another Safety but none of the holes are major. This team can win w/ the roster it has now before the draft and there is still the draft and plenty of the offseason to go.

Bart Scott isn't useless, hunter isn't making an outrageous amount. he will be a good backup.

Sorry we all can't make great moves like signing Shaun Ellis. You act like NE doesn't have holes, yo need help on the OL, you still need WR help(lessened by the TEs bu Gronkowski is a time bomb waiting to explode- I wouldn't count on him long term), you need to revamp the secondary, you lost your pass rushers from last year, Wilfork has a ton of miles on those tires. What you have that no one else has is Tom Brady to make your shortcomings appear less than they actually are.

GREAT move to extend our QB who has helped us reach 2 title games in 3 seasons in the league. If, for some reason, he plays more like '11 than '10 they can cut him w/ less cap ramifications than before.

tebow will help thios offense, he is not coming here as a QB but he will be a weapon for this O- how is it a bad thing to add another weapon/

The draft hasn't happened yet, remember that we beat you and made a title game w/ Wayne Hunter starting at RT. I hope he isn't starting and I doubt he will but should we have overpaid for a RT in FA? let the offseason play out.

At S we have Landry, Smith and we will likely re-sign Leonhard plus I expect it to be addressed in the draft.

RB looks fine, w/ a terrible OL last year shonn Greene averaged 4.2 YPC, he's no Danny Woodhead but we'll be ok.

The jets don't have any MAJOR holes, yes we could use another WR, could use a RT, could use another Safety but none of the holes are major. This team can win w/ the roster it has now before the draft and there is still the draft and plenty of the offseason to go.

Bart Scott isn't useless, hunter isn't making an outrageous amount. he will be a good backup.

Sorry we all can't make great moves like signing Shaun Ellis. You act like NE doesn't have holes, yo need help on the OL, you still need WR help(lessened by the TEs bu Gronkowski is a time bomb waiting to explode- I wouldn't count on him long term), you need to revamp the secondary, you lost your pass rushers from last year, Wilfork has a ton of miles on those tires. What you have that no one else has is Tom Brady to make your shortcomings appear less than they actually are.

Junc I think you're a good poster and you put up with a lot on this site but I have to call this post out.

Where do the Patriots need help on the oline? They could upgrade the Center position but they have good depth all around with several good players as starters. they don't have a position that's a liability right now like the Jets do at right tackle.

They could get younger at WR but even with the "no deep threat" they still were a top 3 scoring offense last year.

How in what way is Gronkowski a "time bomb?"

The secondary needs a FS, and they drafted a guy last year who has the ability to be very good at the position but needs to stay healthy. As far as losing pass-rushers go, they lost Mark Anderson but can still re-sign Carter. They have Cunningham coming back from injury and the coaching staff is high on Markell Carter from last year's draft. They also have the means to acquire several in the draft. Besides, the Jets pass rush was below average all last season and they can't and shouldn't count on Aaron Maybin to be anything more than a situational player at this point.

Wilfork is 31, dlineman are able to play at a high level well into there 30s.

Obviously Brady is a huge part of the Patriot's success but they also happen to have a good team around him. BB showed he could win without Brady with a an old and declining Patriots team in 2008 and the team overall is more talented at this point than it was 3 years ago.

Awesome, where have I debated the Jets have been anywhere near NE since 2000? but in recent years they have been and advanced further in 2 of the last 3 seasons. The Jets have more playoff wins(double the amount) than NE in the last 3 years and whipped NE at NE in the div rd.

One year, one game can be a fluke but back to back years? and the Jets didn't need OT at home to beat NE, they beat them pretty handily on the road in the div rd.

I'd rather earna WC spot and make the title game than win the div and lose my first game. I don't know anyone associated w/ a team who would say otherwise.

So you think rex would rather win a div title ad lose his first playoff game than have a chance to play one game for the SB? We all want the div title but if you lose your first game what is the point?

Some guy who just started posting after NE made the SB is saying I won't be around? come on.

Apparently you don't remember all the SB titles NE was winning pre Brady.

I never said anything about losing in the first round, but to call a division title "meaningless" is ignorant. It can mean the difference between playing on the road or at home in the playoffs. Rex Ryan (I know he was joking) asked teams to beat the Patriots in a press conference before the season began. He wants the Jets to be recognized as the class of the division; and while it doesn't guarantee a trip to the SB a home-playoff game/first round bye makes it easier.

You won't see him around here for awhile.

I think he's going to be a round for a long time. After the disappointing 09 season (when they made the playoffs nonetheless) the media killed BB and I remember a lot of fans online said the Brady/BB/Patriots reign had ran its course. One good draft later and they were back. A lot can change in a single offseason and while Rex and Jets FO had a down year last year I think they know what they need to do.

Junc I think you're a good poster and you put up with a lot on this site but I have to call this post out.

Where do the Patriots need help on the oline? They could upgrade the Center position but they have good depth all around with several good players as starters. they don't have a position that's a liability right now like the Jets do at right tackle.

They could get younger at WR but even with the "no deep threat" they still were a top 3 scoring offense last year.

How in what way is Gronkowski a "time bomb?"

The secondary needs a FS, and they drafted a guy last year who has the ability to be very good at the position but needs to stay healthy. As far as losing pass-rushers go, they lost Mark Anderson but can still re-sign Carter. They have Cunningham coming back from injury and the coaching staff is high on Markell Carter from last year's draft. They also have the means to acquire several in the draft. Besides, the Jets pass rush was below average all last season and they can't and shouldn't count on Aaron Maybin to be anything more than a situational player at this point.

Wilfork is 31, dlineman are able to play at a high level well into there 30s.

Obviously Brady is a huge part of the Patriot's success but they also happen to have a good team around him. BB showed he could win without Brady with a an old and declining Patriots team in 2008 and the team overall is more talented at this point than it was 3 years ago.

Isn't Light retiring? You trust Connolly? Waters will be 35 this year. You don't think you have any question marks on the OL?

That RT started in the NE playoff game 2 years ago and the AFC title game. I do not expect him to be the starter, I think he's excellent depth and will not be starting but worst case the guy has proven he can play. He struggled last year but he has proven he can play.

They will always be a top scoring O in the reg season b/c of Brady but when you face better Ds w/o WR weapons and w/o a great run game it makes life more difficult in january as we have seen.

Carter, who was your best pass rusher, is coming off a big injury and since '06 he's been an every other year guy:

'06 6 sacks
'07 10.5
'08 4
'09 11
'10 2.5
'11 10

You are telling me you can count on him to be as effective as he was last year?

The Jets have needed a pass rusher since John Abraham but the jets D is a coverage and scheme D. You don't have the corners we have, that gives our pass rushers extra time which is why our sack #s haven't been bad despit no great pass rushers or pass rush.

In what way? dancing after the SB, partying on spring break like he's still a teenager, the porn star girl, the comments about Tebow. He's clearly not a stable man.

In 2008 NE had 16-0 talent the year before, they were immensely more talented in '08 around the QB than they are now and in '08 we all had incredibly weak schedules, don't be fooled by that year.

I never said anything about losing in the first round, but to call a division title "meaningless" is ignorant. It can mean the difference between playing on the road or at home in the playoffs. Rex Ryan (I know he was joking) asked teams to beat the Patriots in a press conference before the season began. He wants the Jets to be recognized as the class of the division; and while it doesn't guarantee a trip to the SB a home-playoff game/first round bye makes it easier.

it's meaningless if you are one and done. Which would you rather do? win division and lose in WC or div rd at home(first playoff game) or earn WC, win 2 playoff games and play for the right to go to the SB? There's no debate.

Again, I'd rather win the division and host games to get to the title game(and hopefully host a title game) but compared to losing your first playoff game there isn't a debate. The Jets were the best team in the division in '09 & '10 when it mattered most.

I think he's going to be a round for a long time. After the disappointing 09 season (when they made the playoffs nonetheless) the media killed BB and I remember a lot of fans online said the Brady/BB/Patriots reign had ran its course. One good draft later and they were back. A lot can change in a single offseason and while Rex and Jets FO had a down year last year I think they know what they need to do.

He doesn't have the track record of winning SBs like BB did at that point in time and he doesn't have Brady but Rex has clearly shown he knows how to coach. I am puzzled by people who think the Jets are going to run and hide b/c they finished 2011 so poorly. It's not like the Jets were 3-13, they had a bad year and still won 8 games. I have full confidence in rex and Tannenbaum to get this tam back to postseason this year and we'll see where it goes from there.

Isn't Light retiring? You trust Connolly? Waters will be 35 this year. You don't think you have any question marks on the OL?

That RT started in the NE playoff game 2 years ago and the AFC title game. I do not expect him to be the starter, I think he's excellent depth and will not be starting but worst case the guy has proven he can play. He struggled last year but he has proven he can play.

They will always be a top scoring O in the reg season b/c of Brady but when you face better Ds w/o WR weapons and w/o a great run game it makes life more difficult in january as we have seen.

Carter, who was your best pass rusher, is coming off a big injury and since '06 he's been an every other year guy:

'06 6 sacks
'07 10.5
'08 4
'09 11
'10 2.5
'11 10

You are telling me you can count on him to be as effective as he was last year?

The Jets have needed a pass rusher since John Abraham but the jets D is a coverage and scheme D. You don't have the corners we have, that gives our pass rushers extra time which is why our sack #s haven't been bad despit no great pass rushers or pass rush.

In what way? dancing after the SB, partying on spring break like he's still a teenager, the porn star girl, the comments about Tebow. He's clearly not a stable man.

In 2008 NE had 16-0 talent the year before, they were immensely more talented in '08 around the QB than they are now and in '08 we all had incredibly weak schedules, don't be fooled by that year.

Light is probably gone but they drafted his replacement last year and he had a very good season. They also have Sebastian Vollmer coming back 100% and he's been an excellent tackle since he joined the league. Waters may or may not retire but Connolly played well at RG back in 2010. They also signed Gallery who's a serviceable guard and they have arguably the best OL coach in the league. They have the depth and coaching to handle turnover on the line.

The pass rush as it stands now is a major hole. Carter's apparently almost recovered and they have some young players who have potential but I definitely want them to address the position in FA and the draft. They have the means to do so so I'm not worried.

:err: Partying during the offseason and making a Tebow joke makes a player unstable now? How was making the that Tebow comment any worse or disrespectful than Revis calling BB a jerk? Gronk is 22 years old; he hasn't done anything illegal and while he seems immature off the field he's been a professional on the field and in the locker room ever since he joined the team. He hasn't done anything worse than what players, especially young players, do during the offseason.

the 08 team was not "immeensely more talented." they had no oline depth, poor RT play all season, no receiving threat outside of Welker and Moss and most of the defense was on their last legs. Bruschi and Vrabel were done, Warren was plagued by injuries all season and Delth O'neal was the single worst corner to ever wear a Patriots uniform. That team had no pass rush to speak of and couldn't make plays at key moments in the game. I'll gladly take the 2010 and '11 Patriots' teams over the 08 squad. Not even a question.

Back
Top Bottom