Jets training camp will be at my school | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets training camp will be at my school

Congrats! in only took 7 years to get back to the playoffs and you picke dup where you left off in '01 by getting smoked by Baltimore:D

And how many years has it been since joe willy held up his finger as #1?

:crazy:

Marino1983

About as much as a John Beck, AJ Feeley, Culpepper Miami jersey, JJ Johnson, Yatil Green,...
Ah news flash- _
Feeley, Culpepper were trades.. The Dolphins didn't draft them!

Marino1983

you forgot the part about the humiliating loss in the playoffs- it was just like the old days when you used to make the playoffs in most years.

Humiliating to who? We lost, but the game was still competetive all the way to the 4th quarter. A couple of breaks and we have a good shot at that game. The only people I could see it being embarassing to was the jets as Pennington came back to Jersey and beat you guys. THAT had to be embarassing.

And as far as the old days..Yes..I remember them well. The Bills and the Dolphins going tooth and nail, and the Jets in the cellar, year after year.

:lol2:

And how did the Dolphins look on TV?

Or did your jits buy tickets to the game?

Marino1983

Huh?

And how many years has it been since joe willy held up his finger as #1?

:crazy:

Marino1983

40 years and it's been 35 years since Miami last did the same. Not much of a difference. Dolphin fans like to act like they are the Yankees of football when in reality they are the Mets of football.

Ah news flash- _
Feeley, Culpepper were trades.. The Dolphins didn't draft them!

Marino1983

Did you draft John Beck? Jason Allen, Eddie Moore, Seth Mckinney, Jamar Fletcher, JJ Johnson, John Avery, Yatil Green, etc...?

Humiliating to who? We lost, but the game was still competetive all the way to the 4th quarter. A couple of breaks and we have a good shot at that game. The only people I could see it being embarassing to was the jets as Pennington came back to Jersey and beat you guys. THAT had to be embarassing.

And as far as the old days..Yes..I remember them well. The Bills and the Dolphins going tooth and nail, and the Jets in the cellar, year after year.

You never had a shot in that game. It's funny, when we were down by a TD at NE in the '06 playoffs w/ about 5 mins left and wound up losing by 21 we got embarrassed but you guys were down 10 at the half and never got any closer in the 2nd half yet you were competitive. I love the logic.

The Bills and dolphins going tooth and nail? You mean when Buffalo wont he division every year except once and made 4 SBs while Miami, as usual, was humiliated in the playoffs year after year? I take that back, you weren't humiliated in 1994 you just had another colossal choke losing to a SD team you were much better than.

If we're going to go digging through history, here is all that is required...

Miami Dolphins: 14 Division Championships, 22 Playoff appearances, 2 superbowl wins
New England Patriots: 10 Division Championships, 14 Playoff appearances, 3 superbowl wins.
NY Jets: 2 Division Championships, 9 playoff appearances, 1 superbowl win
Buffalo Bills: 7 Division Championships, 13 playoff appearances, 0 superbowl wins.

Pretty topheavy.

Huh?

Did you draft John Beck? Jason Allen, Eddie Moore, Seth Mckinney, Jamar Fletcher, JJ Johnson, John Avery, Yatil Green, etc...?

Different GMs for the Dolphins did over the course of time, yes. Us on FH, not so much.

If we're going to go digging through history, here is all that is required...

Miami Dolphins: 14 Division Championships, 22 Playoff appearances, 2 superbowl wins
New England Patriots: 10 Division Championships, 14 Playoff appearances, 3 superbowl wins.
NY Jets: 2 Division Championships, 9 playoff appearances, 1 superbowl win
Buffalo Bills: 7 Division Championships, 13 playoff appearances, 0 superbowl wins.

Pretty topheavy.

The Pats are the class of the div w/ more SB wins and more SB apps than any other team.

Pats 3 SB wins
Miami 2
Jets 1
Buf 0

You can talk all you want about win % and things like that but the bottom line is you have ONE more SB title than we have.

Different GMs for the Dolphins did over the course of time, yes. Us on FH, not so much.

Our current GM made 1 mistake in the draft so far. Let's not forget through his first 3 drafts he brought us brick, Mangold, leon, Revis, Harris and Keller. That's a pretty damn good haul in just 3 drafts.

The Pats are the class of the div w/ more SB wins and more SB apps than any other team.

Pats 3 SB wins
Miami 2
Jets 1
Buf 0

You can talk all you want about win % and things like that but the bottom line is you have ONE more SB title than we have.

Our current GM made 1 mistake in the draft so far. Let's not forget through his first 3 drafts he brought us brick, Mangold, leon, Revis, Harris and Keller. That's a pretty damn good haul in just 3 drafts.

This pissing contest will never end. I'm better then you, you're better then me. The hilarious part is we have no effect on anything either team does yet we'll spend hours defending them to the bones.

Cheers to us for at least making the effort

This pissing contest will never end. I'm better then you, you're better then me. The hilarious part is we have no effect on anything either team does yet we'll spend hours defending them to the bones.

Cheers to us for at least making the effort

I don't say we are better, historically Miami is better BUT many dolphin fans act like they are the Yankees of the NFL when they aren't anywhere near one of the best franchises.

I often wonder why we care so much? why do we watch others do things we cannot do?

I really hate the yankees comparison....maybe the yanks before steinbrener. But the recent yanks remind me of the skins and Jets....dump a ton of money into free agents who get you nowhere. I cant really think of a baseball team the phins remind me of....a team that has constant turnover in the FO and can't draft worth a damn.

I don't say we are better, historically Miami is better BUT many dolphin fans act like they are the Yankees of the NFL when they aren't anywhere near one of the best franchises.

I often wonder why we care so much? why do we watch others do things we cannot do?

I guess every fanbase has a set of folks who feel a certain way like that. Personally I'm not one of them. The Phins have been and will always be my team even while they haven't been to the SB since I was 3.

It's good that we have such passion though. Makes life interesting for a change :D

Back
Top Bottom